On Enchantment now...any questions?

The roof on the solarium was open every day on our B2B. It wasn't open early in the morning, guessing it opened maybe mid-morning, after breakfast was served in the Park Cafe. Yannick, the Facilities manager, told us that the wheels and track that are used to open and close the roof are very delicate and the maneuver is tricky. It is closed nightly.

The big side doors/windows were also open daily.

Rick and Deirdra

This weekend the solarium roof was open on Friday but it was later shut due to rain. There was rain off and on and thunderstorms, too for the rest of the weekend. That's why it remained closed.

Not to turn this into a formal night debate - but I'd like tome ruin a first for me. There are signs saying no shorts or flip flops in the dining room. I was surprised to see a woman in front of me heading into MTD in short, ordinary light yellow shorts and flip flops. This was formal night. I've seen people turned away from the dining room on Carnival for dressing this way.

There are signs saying no shorts or flip flops in the dining room. I was surprised to see a woman in front of me heading into MTD in short, ordinary light yellow shorts and flip flops. This was formal night. I've seen people turned away from the dining room on Carnival for dressing this way.

Sad, isn't it? Saw similar on our recent EN trip.

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks for the info on the Coco cay party. Very disappointing really after having the best parties with John Denton and Werner Zucker. It was a very nice and gracious gesture from the Monarch staff. I guess we were spoiled.

The function on Coco Cay was one of our favorite events when sailing on the Monarch. We were glad to see that the Enchantment continued and even enhanced that tradition; enjoyed the function on our B2B2B in May/June. It is a shame that corporate called a halt to it (thank you, Pumbaamd, for explaining why it is no longer held on the island).

This is a huge BOO from me. Our cruise is April, this was horrible. It was insanely hot in there.

It's just stupid for this not to be open and everyone should complain about it until they wake up. This isn't winter in Baltimore. This is summer in Florida.

To the other poster:

The Freestyle machines were working on the inaugeral from PC.

Ponch-

OMG, you are so right about the Solarium. Man was that heat STUPID HOT in there, and if it was between 11a.m.-3p.m.....you're gonna fry like chicken. They should make it a practice to open the roof, especially on extremely warm days. Tanning is one thing; baking is a totally different thing. Smashrox.....put in a good word for us before we return to the Enchantment!

We were on EOTS June 21. At the Coco Cay event (now held at the Oasis bar) we spoke with Capt. Shawn for close to 1/2 hour as it was poorly attended. He said corporate discontinued the gathering at The Wacky Seagull Jr as there was now too many people eligible to attend and it was better to do it on the ship. He was very friendly and we saw him a handful of times throughout the cruise and he paused each time to chat.

Capt. Shawn is lots of fun to chat with. Down home, cool kind of guy. No, he has no Captain's Table, nothing wrong with that. He evidently can spend his time in a better way.

Captain Shawn McDuff, we'll sea you again, in just a couple of weeks, on EN.

Rick and Deirdra

We were on EOTS June 21. At the Coco Cay event (now held at the Oasis bar) we spoke with Capt. Shawn for close to 1/2 hour as it was poorly attended.

During the 1 July sailing it was so poorly attended that when we (6 of us) showed up for it at the Oasis Bar they informed us they had completely done away with it.

monday july 8th (yesterday) roastbeef sandwiches were available in the park cafe. As stated before the cafe opens at noon on embarkation day. I am not on the ship now but my wife and daughter are.

If you are in the Boleros Lounge and JR is the bartender, please tell him Karen and Charlie said Hi,and see if his email is JRgem20@yahoo.com. Have a great time. Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Is this Jr from Jamaica. We had a fantastic bartender several years ago on the mariner and his name was jr. Have tried to find him on every cruise ship we have been on. Is he kinda short and bald.

Archived