Barbie experience

Does anyone know if the Barbie Experience is worth $349.00?! I feel like its overpriced but my husband wants it for our almost 5 year old daughter that's likes Barbie.

The Phan Family

Cruising on Allure 9/1/13-9/7/13

couldn't you buy a lot of Barbies for that price? I have 2 little girls so it would be double and I'm steering away from this but there are some who don't mind...

I think the website says it needs a min number of people to take part of it or it wont happen but then it goes to say yo wont get all your money back...

Just because the cruise line offers something does not mean they do it well or it is worth the money.

From the moment you board, they are trying to sell you everything under the sun.

Just about everything on the ships is extremely overpriced.

I would never in a million years waste that much $$ on something like that...

Just because the cruise line offers something does not mean they do it well or it is worth the money.

From the moment you board, they are trying to sell you everything under the sun.

Just about everything on the ships is extremely overpriced.

I would never in a million years waste that much $$ on something like that...

Obviously, you are not a four year old girl! :p We looked in to it for our five year old granddaughter, but thought that the price was way too high for what you are receiving.

Not sure how anyone can tell you what something will be “worth” to you. I guess if money is no issue, then yes it will be worth it if it gives you, you husband or daughter pleasure. If the price has to be considered then only you can decide if this is the way to use $349.

enjoy

M

Well $349 isn't change to us but if they are just gonna put her in a room unorganized with just Barbie stuff sitting there with some kids then I wouldn't think it's worth the price. If they actually had crew members interact and entertain the kids giving them an unforgettable time then I think why not. My daughter might be 4 but she has a great memory. Plus, pictures make it memories of a lifetime. I was just wondering if any of your kids was in this experience and wanted some feedback.

The Phan Family

Well $349 isn't change to us but if they are just gonna put her in a room unorganized with just Barbie stuff sitting there with some kids then I wouldn't think it's worth the price. If they actually had crew members interact and entertain the kids giving them an unforgettable time then I think why not. My daughter might be 4 but she has a great memory. Plus, pictures make it memories of a lifetime. I was just wondering if any of your kids was in this experience and wanted some feedback.

The Phan Family

From what I saw when I was looking in to it, they don't just put the kids in a room with a bunch of barbies. They have a tea party, design an outfit for their barbie doll, do a fashion show. Also, your cabin will have some gifts for your daughter when you arrive. I believe there is a barbie throw, a pillow case, some barbie dolls.

I have heard some good things about it. We decided it was too much money for us to spend...but my granddaughter is very shy and we were afraid that she would not do the fashion show or interact with the staff. We felt that we would not get our money's worth, but that is because of my granddaughter. I should have been a little more specific in my previous reply.

My husband and I purchased the Barbie package on the June 9 Allure of the Seas for our niece. It was worth it to us because she is a quiet 7 year old who did not want to go to camp. If your kid is extraverted and would be going to camp I would not purchase the package. My niece enjoyed it. When she reached the cabin there was a Barbie poster on the door. She was very excited. When we walked in there was a Barbie blanket and doll on the bed with an extra outfit and a tierra for her to wear to the tea and cupcake gathering. Almost everyday there was a meeting for the Barbie girls. The second day (Monday) there was tea and cupcakes, (Tuesday) Barbie Fashion Design, something else on (Thursday) can't remember and the Fashion Show on Saturday (which is what she really enjoyed). The only thing that I wish is that I would have had the Barbie schedule beforehand because I made a show reservation on Saturday at the same time of the fashion show. Needless to say we missed the show because we all had to see her model. If you do decide to purchase the package, bring her a special outfit to model in because we didn't know and she wanted a new dress instead of her play clothes. And all the Barbie events on the Allure were around 5:00 pm. Hope this helps a little.

Yes I did see a short video clip of what's offered but I'm just afraid what you see isn't what you get haha you know how they advertise those burgers on TV so big and when you get it's like a miniature version.

The Phan Family

So I was just googling the Barbie premium experience and found the link to a review from this lady. To her it was totally memorable and "worth it". I'm glad I read this review. I plan to purchase it for my daughter. Here's the link just in case another family was interested.

http://********************/three-days-aboard-royal-caribbeans-largest-ships-as-a-special-guest-of-barbie/

The Phan Family

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I purchased the Barbie package on the June 9 Allure of the Seas for our niece. It was worth it to us because she is a quiet 7 year old who did not want to go to camp. If your kid is extraverted and would be going to camp I would not purchase the package. My niece enjoyed it. When she reached the cabin there was a Barbie poster on the door. She was very excited. When we walked in there was a Barbie blanket and doll on the bed with an extra outfit and a tierra for her to wear to the tea and cupcake gathering. Almost everyday there was a meeting for the Barbie girls. The second day (Monday) there was tea and cupcakes, (Tuesday) Barbie Fashion Design, something else on (Thursday) can't remember and the Fashion Show on Saturday (which is what she really enjoyed). The only thing that I wish is that I would have had the Barbie schedule beforehand because I made a show reservation on Saturday at the same time of the fashion show. Needless to say we missed the show because we all had to see her model. If you do decide to purchase the package, bring her a special outfit to model in because we didn't know and she wanted a new dress instead of her play clothes. And all the Barbie events on the Allure were around 5:00 pm. Hope this helps a little.

Thank you for the information. If I understand you, the girls model their own clothes in the Fashion Show, correct? Also, does the 5 o'clock event conflict with 6 p.m. dinner? We are booked for dining at 6. Thanks for your help.

For the fashion show they provide boas, sunglasses, and tutus. They wanted the girls in leggings. I would pack a nice dress for the tea party. My daughter (almost 7) really enjoyed it and felt very special. In the past we did a tea party at a disney resort which cost about the same amount. I felt this was a better value as there are more activities. Here is the paperwork we were given in the stateroom. 1273483832_ImageUploadedByTapatalk21374269113.346295.jpg.c82733ef1d1c3ea002563b4e7c0acfa9.jpg

976921152_ImageUploadedByTapatalk21374269077.417555.jpg.66ea1ebae76360e9dd5fcf0de87d9f5d.jpg

1030740367_ImageUploadedByTapatalk21374269095.004078.jpg.60d56e6d606d3976abe7eee2ef7a221e.jpg

For the fashion show they provide boas, sunglasses, and tutus. They wanted the girls in leggings. I would pack a nice dress for the tea party. My daughter (almost 7) really enjoyed it and felt very special. In the past we did a tea party at a disney resort which cost about the same amount. I felt this was a better value as there are more activities. Here is the paperwork we were given in the stateroom. [ATTACH]279551[/ATTACH][ATTACH]279552[/ATTACH][ATTACH]279553[/ATTACH]

Thank you for sharing this information. RCI won't let us book this event until 90 days out from the cruise, so I have some time. Good to hear your daughter enjoyed it. :)

So I was just googling the Barbie premium experience and found the link to a review from this lady. To her it was totally memorable and "worth it". I'm glad I read this review. I plan to purchase it for my daughter. Here's the link just in case another family was interested.

http://********************/three-days-aboard-royal-caribbeans-largest-ships-as-a-special-guest-of-barbie/

The Phan Family

Hi,

You are on the same sailing as me. I also booked this for my daughter. I know the price is high, but I'm sure the experience for a Barbie lover will be priceless.

Rachel :D

If I just had one child interested I would probably go for it if budgeting allowed. If I had two I would probably create my own stateroom experience by purchasing these stateroom items and making up the room with the poster, dolls, and blankets before anyone else gets there :)

You will be rushing. I would have my DH drop her off at 5 and it would end at 5:30- which was our dining time. I would have her dressed for dinner and they would meet us at dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

For the fashion show they provide boas, sunglasses, and tutus. They wanted the girls in leggings. I would pack a nice dress for the tea party. My daughter (almost 7) really enjoyed it and felt very special. In the past we did a tea party at a disney resort which cost about the same amount. I felt this was a better value as there are more activities. Here is the paperwork we were given in the stateroom. [ATTACH]279551[/ATTACH][ATTACH]279552[/ATTACH][ATTACH]279553[/ATTACH]

Hello,

Would it be possible to email me a copy of the paperwork that they gave you? For some reason when I enlarge the picture it is very blurred and unreadable. My email is mjrr@aol.com.

Thank you so much:D