Free drinks

hockeypapa

WITH BEING A GOLD CLUB MEMBER I SEE WERE ALLOWED ONE FREE DRINK:eek: MY PROBLEM IS ITS ONLY GOOD IN THE MDR FOR BREAKFAST OR LUNCH:confused: IF YOUR GOING TO OFFER A FREE DRINK I SAY IT SHOULD BE GOOD ANYWHERE ON THE SHIP ANYTIME:p WHO AGREES WITH ME:confused: A FREE DRINK IS A FREE DRINK REGUARDLESS OF WHERE YOUR GOING TO DRINK IT!!!

WITH BEING A GOLD CLUB MEMBER I SEE WERE ALLOWED ONE FREE DRINK:eek: MY PROBLEM IS ITS ONLY GOOD IN THE MDR FOR BREAKFAST OR LUNCH:confused: IF YOUR GOING TO OFFER A FREE DRINK I SAY IT SHOULD BE GOOD ANYWHERE ON THE SHIP ANYTIME:p WHO AGREES WITH ME:confused: A FREE DRINK IS A FREE DRINK REGUARDLESS OF WHERE YOUR GOING TO DRINK IT!!!

My opinion?...It's their coupon and they get to call the shots. Bottom line, I'm OK with it.

I may be in the minority, but it doesn't matter to me. I'm thankful that Carnival gives us the free drink coupon. If you don't want to go to the MDR to eat breakfast or lunch, then don't go. It's just one of the rules.

I would personally like to use it wherever drinks are served, but since Carnival has placed the restriction on where they can be used, I go there, get my drink, and leave.

This is only me second cruise on Carnival and I guess I get one of these coupons. The way I feel about it is really that I feel nothing. A free drink sounds great and I would ordinarily appreciate the gesture. But as soon as there is some restriction on it, well it becomes meaningless. It will go in my wallet and if I am in the right place at the right time and remember it I will use it. Otherwise I don't really feel like I got anything. It's like a coupon for something you may or may not buy. You keep it and most likely will forget about it. I definitely don't need to make a special trip to MDR to save $7. But if it was able to be used anywhere I'd use it for my first drink.

Honestly, when you think about it, the only reason to have a restriction is in the hopes that someone forgets about it. That makes them seem cheap.

a free drink is a free drink.. :p I will take any I can get... LOL If you don't want to eat in the dinning room you can go to the dinning room bar before lunch is over and just order your drink and leave... its as easy as that.. :cool:

a free drink is a free drink.. :p I will take any I can get... LOL If you don't want to eat in the dinning room you can go to the dinning room bar before lunch is over and just order your drink and leave... its as easy as that.. :cool:

On our B2B this past January, we used our first coupon in the MDR for breakfast. I had a Mimosa & he had a Chocolate Mocha Getaway.

The 2nd cruise, we went to the MDR around 12:30 and ordered one from the bar outside the MDR. The Chocolate Mocha Getaway is heavenly.

You don't have to eat in the dining room. Just got to the dining room for breakfast or lunch to order your drink and then you can leave.

If they are gonna give me a free drink....I'm not gonna complain where I have to go to get it

A free drink with restrictions is just another way that Carnival wants to make it so it looks like they are giving you something, while at the same time, hope people don't use it. Other cruise lines have loyalty programs, and when they give you a free drink, you can drink it anytime, and at any bar, because it is a gift. This just makes Carnival look bad. Maybe the change in management will change the policy.

Go into the MDR for either breakfast or lunch on a sea day. Order your drink without ice. Take it back to your room. When you are ready for it, add ice from your ice bucket or go to a bar and ask for ice. Then you have your drink when you want it. Problem solved.

That's what we do because breakfast or lunch is generally too early to start drinking.

I've seen people who come into the MDR, order drinks and wait at an empty table until the drinks are delivered and then leave, never eating or being served anything to eat.

I love free stuff, especially booze. I will just have to have a bloody mary if you insist!

Seriously, some of the complaints here are really getting out of hand. Free drink restrictions, quality of the mint on your pillow? If these things are that offensive to you, why do you still cruise with Carnival?

Go into the MDR for either breakfast or lunch on a sea day. Order your drink without ice. Take it back to your room. When you are ready for it, add ice from your ice bucket or go to a bar and ask for ice. Then you have your drink when you want it. Problem solved.

That's what we do because breakfast or lunch is generally too early to start drinking.

I've seen people who come into the MDR, order drinks and wait at an empty table until the drinks are delivered and then leave, never eating or being served anything to eat.

I haven't used the free drink coupons on 2 of our cruises just for this reason: I don't like to start drinking that early. Never thought of ordering it and saving it for later. :eek: You can be sure that is exactly what I am going to do in February, 2014! :D:p;)

no wonder that carnival has 'the worst customer service'. I keep complaining about getting my free drink at the MDR and the quality of the mints and they continue to do nothing about it... that customer service really stinks.. :D

Just sailed on the Liberty, came back on 6/29- I thought having the drink coupons for sailing previously on Carnival Freedom was a wonderful way of saying "thank you" -- we enjoyed our drinks at the end of the Brunch on a sea day....frozen drink was just delicious!! Enjoy your free drink coupon - no matter what time of day!

Last time I ordered my drink without ice and took it to my cabin after we were done with brunch.

Didn't want to drink it during brunch so I just added the ice and drank it as a pre dinner drink!

That's EXACTLY what we do. :cool::D;)

On our B2B this past January, we used our first coupon in the MDR for breakfast. I had a Mimosa & he had a Chocolate Mocha Getaway.

The 2nd cruise, we went to the MDR around 12:30 and ordered one from the bar outside the MDR. The Chocolate Mocha Getaway is heavenly.

I just wish they made it as a virgin drink! They advertise that they can be done virgin, but the bartender wouldn't recommend it.

Archived