New promotion!?!

BTW I just booked about a month ago for a cruise in about a month. So just under 2 months out for a prime summer beginning of August cruise and the lowest price between June 12th when I booked and this week has gone up $150/pp. Guess I caught it just right for once! Or they just raised the rates so their new sales would look better.

Looking at their new winter sale and eyeing a non-peak January cruise. For $20/pp more than my August cruise I can book another 7 day Carnival Magic cruise but move up from an interior 4F to a cove balcony! Or save $260/pp and stay in the interior and book a 3rd cruise! ;)

Im wondering if CHEATAH MAIL will release another new Mastercard promotion. Ive received one on my past 2-3 cruises. The last one was until March 2013..

What do you have to do to receive offers from Cheatah Mail?

There were one about a month ago. I applied and received an email stating it would be on my Sept. 29th cruise s&s account. Carnival.com/mastercardgold

Did you receive an email or did someone tell you about this promo?

If an email was sent, could you please post a copy of it? TIA

Do you have to be a gold member to get the $50 credit deal?

I took the link listed above and substituted the word "platinum" for the word "gold" and got a different form that lists a $200 OBC instead of $50, so it must be a different amount for different levels. After that, I substituted "diamond" and got a page that offered $300 OBC.

I filled out the page for gold ($50), but I will be platinum on my upcoming cruise. Maybe I should have tried for the $200 as a platinum member, but I didn't know if it would work because I'm still gold in the system until after my next cruise, and I thought it might get kicked out. Even though my luggage tags say "priority," under the VIFP club membership tab I'm still listed as Gold. Hey, I'll take $50. I did put the deposit on a Mastercard, and I did get a confirmation page but no e-mail confirmation. The fine print says it is good for "applicable cruises," so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also one credit per stateroom, and it does look like this promo is different in that MC has to be used to purchase the cruise, not just for the S&S account.

Hope it works out for everybody, and thanks again for posting the link, jjh9!

The link worked. Got the confirmation screen, but no email. Last year there was a similiar $50.00 credit, but it required us to register a MasterCard (any M/C) on our S&S account. I am going to go ahead and set that up online again, since the terms and conditions are not clear!

Thank you again for sharing :)

I took the link listed above and substituted the word "platinum" for the word "gold" and got a different form that lists a $200 OBC instead of $50, so it must be a different amount for different levels. After that, I substituted "diamond" and got a page that offered $300 OBC.

I filled out the page for gold ($50), but I will be platinum on my upcoming cruise. Maybe I should have tried for the $200 as a platinum member, but I didn't know if it would work because I'm still gold in the system until after my next cruise, and I thought it might get kicked out. Even though my luggage tags say "priority," under the VIFP club membership tab I'm still listed as Gold. Hey, I'll take $50. I did put the deposit on a Mastercard, and I did get a confirmation page but no e-mail confirmation. The fine print says it is good for "applicable cruises," so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also one credit per stateroom, and it does look like this promo is different in that MC has to be used to purchase the cruise, not just for the S&S account.

Hope it works out for everybody, and thanks again for posting the link, jjh9!

I couldn't find anywhere to click to try and change it to platinum - we will be platinum on our next cruise. I filled out the form for the $50.00 credit and it took it so we will see. The last time I didn't get my credit until about 2 weeks before we sailed.

I couldn't find anywhere to click to try and change it to platinum - we will be platinum on our next cruise. I filled out the form for the $50.00 credit and it took it so we will see. The last time I didn't get my credit until about 2 weeks before we sailed.

where it says mastercardgold--delete the word gold and type in platinum

I just re-wrote the link and entered it in a new webpage like this: carnival (dot) com/mastercardplatinum

Like I said, I'm not sure the platinum award would be appropriate in your case or mine anyway (kind of iffy since the VIFP club page changes your status AFTER your 10th cruise even though you are afforded platinum benefits ON your 10th cruise as long as it is before the end of this year). I was thinking they will get the application and check it against whatever status you're listed at currently, so I decided to err on the side of caution. Good luck!

Try this

Carnival.com/mastercardgold

here are the different links for YOUR VIFP levels

Carnival.com/mastercardred

Carnival.com/mastercardgold

Carnival.com/mastercardplatinum

etc

Edited by wiskt

Wow~ That's for Platinum :) Has anyone actually seen this on their cruise docs yet? Last year, mine did not appear until I boarded :) We had 3 cabins and used 2 different M/C's, got $100.00 OBC! Thanks again for sharing :)

There were one about a month ago. I applied and received an email stating it would be on my Sept. 29th cruise s&s account. Carnival.com/mastercardgold

Thanks for sharing this. Hopefully I get an email confirming the OBC has been applied to my account.

Truthfully, I doubt I'll get it; the terms state you had to book using a MC...and I think I used AMEX and I'm assuming you have to be gold at the time of applying; I'll be gold on the cruise I applied it to, but it won't happen until 5 days in (though they credit me on day one). And the unknown factor is what ships does the promo apply to and what sail dates?

I'll remain hopeful. :D

Does someone have the actual mailing or email they can post? The terms state it's only applicable to certain sailings as indicated on the notice that was sent, so I'm wondering if it specifies which sailings those are. Thanks!

Edited by lego7191

I clinked the link in the email and this is what is says:

PLATINUM

To be eligible to receive the $200 onboard credit, pre-register to participate and use a MasterCard card when purchasing a qualifying Carnival cruise. To pre-register, fill out and submit the MasterCard Onboard Credit Promotion form accessible via the URL provided in the mailed offer. Form must be submitted by 07/19/2013. The onboard credit is provided for use only on your onboard Sail & Sign account up to a maximum of $200 per stateroom on applicable sailings clearly stated in the mailed offer. Offer has no cash value. Limit one onboard credit per MasterCard cardholder. Limit one offer redemption per cabin. Offer is capacity controlled and is subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.

MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

I clinked the link in the email and this is what is says:

PLATINUM

To be eligible to receive the $200 onboard credit, pre-register to participate and use a MasterCard card when purchasing a qualifying Carnival cruise. To pre-register, fill out and submit the MasterCard Onboard Credit Promotion form accessible via the URL provided in the mailed offer. Form must be submitted by 07/19/2013. The onboard credit is provided for use only on your onboard Sail & Sign account up to a maximum of $200 per stateroom on applicable sailings clearly stated in the mailed offer. Offer has no cash value. Limit one onboard credit per MasterCard cardholder. Limit one offer redemption per cabin. Offer is capacity controlled and is subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.

MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

Precisely what I am hoping someone can provide with the actual certificate received in the mail. Does someone have the mailer they can scan in? or at least let us know which sailings actually qualify?

I got the confirmation screen and printed it. No email and nothing on my cruise documents yet. Not exactly sure where to check on the documents so if anyone can tell me where exactly to look I would appreciate it!

I got the confirmation screen and printed it. No email and nothing on my cruise documents yet. Not exactly sure where to check on the documents so if anyone can tell me where exactly to look I would appreciate it!
I was told by my pvp that I would not receive anything. That I should take the printout with me and it should be on my s&s card.