New promotion!?!

Would you be so kind as to come back and let us know if this works out for you? I will be platinum on my next cruise, too, but I was thinking that they would look at (1) Did you book with a Mastercard (check) and (2) are you applying for the correct level of OBC (gold vs platinum vs diamond). Since my current VIFP says "gold," I didn't know if trying to claim the platinum $200 would just have them kick my registration out. DH will still will be gold on this cruise, so I decided to register under his name for the $50. Then, I thought, what the heck, maybe they will approve platinum $200 for me since my documents already say "priority" and "platinum," so I re-submitted under my name. I know it says one per cabin. I'm just hoping to get one or the other. Fifty would be good, but $200, of course, would be better.

My cruise is 9/2, which is my first platinum cruise.

If I get the $200 OBC, I will definitely come back here and shout it from the rooftops!!!

I wonder what sailing dates this promotion was good for - does anyone know? Our sailing is November 16th.

We asked several times for someone who may have actually received the email to come here and let us know which cruises qualified. No one came back and gave that info. If they had, we wouldn't be quite so anxious since we'd know whether or not there was any point to even submitting the request!

I never get emails from Carnival either. I have called everyone including their it dept. but nothing has helped me to get emails. I did register for the last promo and got the obc. I am also looking at this one as a wait and see. Not sure what it takes to get on their email list. I don't even think their it department knows.:rolleyes:

nonna5, try this

Check this on your account:

Click on the MY VIFP box on the Top left

On the Left, Click on MY PROFILE

At the top select CONTACT SETTINGS

Make sure both your MAIL and @ are checked to receive info

445285824_carnivalemails.jpg.006b2a39678f54d72506529190da88b9.jpg

Edited by wiskt

Well, whaddya know. My @ address wasn't checked. We'll see if I start receiving a bunch of junk mail. At least I'll know where to turn it off! :D

But this offer came from some mass mailing Mastercard thing, no? So changing the Carnival settings won't make any difference re receiving these offers in the future because this wasn't sent by them.

Well, whaddya know. My @ address wasn't checked. We'll see if I start receiving a bunch of junk mail. At least I'll know where to turn it off! :D

But this offer came from some mass mailing Mastercard thing, no? So changing the Carnival settings won't make any difference re receiving these offers in the future because this wasn't sent by them.

correct, on this instance.

nonna5 appeared to have a problem with the Carnival emails. I remembered that I discovered these boxes a long time ago and after checking them off I started to receive emails again. :) I'd rather be informed and delete the message than not informed at all

Edited by wiskt

Just off the Breeze credit never showed for those wondering.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

I was hoping that it would work...I guess I have my answer. Thanks for posting and letting us know. Did you take the print out with you?

• 2 weeks later...
Had you printed your "Thank you" page? Did you take it to Guest Services?

I was on a B2B cruise on the Freedom last month. Filled out the credit for both legs. On the first leg I went to guest services and asked about the credit and showed the printed "Thank You" page. They sent an email to MasterCard. MC replied back and said that they didn't see me on the list. I did not receive the email with the link. So no credit for either leg...

Edited by scm1063

nonna5, try this

Thanks - I will try it.

nonna5, try this

Thanks - I will try it.

I just went into the website and they were already checked. But thank you anyway.

Just off Glory. received my $50 OBC.

The note "Courtesy of the MasterCard Promotion" in the cabin on the first night, OBC was applied to our onboard account.

Congrats on getting your OBC. For clarification, can you tell us, please, whether you received the e-mail promotion first hand or whether you used the link provided here to register?

Thanks.

Congrats on getting your OBC. For clarification, can you tell us, please, whether you received the e-mail promotion first hand or whether you used the link provided here to register?

Thanks.

I did received the promotion in the mail. There were cruises mentioned for our cruise region BUT the cruise I went on was not specified.

Edited by Aldeya

It seems to be quite the crap-shoot.

I'll just view it as Christmas morning - either it's there and it's a huge bonus! or it's not, and oh well, next time... (but I'll have my fingers crossed really really tight as I look for it on the ship!)

Was it divided per person on your booking? I use my Carnival MC and just got off the Imagination (8/5 cruise) and there was like a $10 per person credit (and 5 of us on the booking). I never applied for the promotion...I don't think. I am just wondering if that's what the credit was for.

Edited by laumicmah