New promotion!?!

I got the confirmation screen and printed it. No email and nothing on my cruise documents yet. Not exactly sure where to check on the documents so if anyone can tell me where exactly to look I would appreciate it!

In past MasterCard promotions, this is all the confirmation we received. I brought it with me just in case the credit wasn't there when we boarded. When we got to the cabin, there was a note saying that we have OBC from MasterCard and showed the amount.

OK, you guys are making me crazy. I JUST paid for a cruise yesterday and used my Visa instead of MC.

I don't see any "link" anywhere on Carnival's site. If I type in the "links" in the previous posts, I just get a search page.

WHERE are the links? How do I find them to put in the mastercardplatinum whatever? :confused:

EDIT: OK, tried again and got a page, put in my info and got the message that I'd get a $200 OBC!

Really?!?! That's all I had to do?! I didn't even use my MC to pay for the cruise! I'm sailing with 2 friends and that is more than my fare!! Think I'll give it a try for my November cruise, too!

Note - the "thank you" message doesn't say anything about which sailing, so I'm not sure how printing it out and taking to Guest Services will accomplish anything, should the OBC not show up.

Think I should change my online checkin to the MC from the Visa I was going to use?

Edited by NCTribeFan

I went ahead and filled out the registration form and saw the "Thank you" confirmation.

Just went into my sailing and added my Mastercard for my onboard account.

Hoping to receive some sort of real confirmation.

Last time they did this, I was indeed able to see my OBC before I sailed. So hoping to see it this time!!! And I'm REALLY hoping that because I will be platinum, that I get the platinum $200!!

OK, you guys are making me crazy. I JUST paid for a cruise yesterday and used my Visa instead of MC.

I don't see any "link" anywhere on Carnival's site. If I type in the "links" in the previous posts, I just get a search page.

WHERE are the links? How do I find them to put in the mastercardplatinum whatever? :confused:

EDIT: OK, tried again and got a page, put in my info and got the message that I'd get a $200 OBC!

Really?!?! That's all I had to do?! I didn't even use my MC to pay for the cruise! I'm sailing with 2 friends and that is more than my fare!! Think I'll give it a try for my November cruise, too!

Note - the "thank you" message doesn't say anything about which sailing, so I'm not sure how printing it out and taking to Guest Services will accomplish anything, should the OBC not show up.

Think I should change my online checkin to the MC from the Visa I was going to use?

I don't know but the offer was for MasterCard so I would think that as soon as they look up your booking and see the you paid with a Visa card you may be sol. Also I believe it says one per household.

I went ahead and filled out the registration form and saw the "Thank you" confirmation.

Just went into my sailing and added my Mastercard for my onboard account.

Hoping to receive some sort of real confirmation.

Last time they did this, I was indeed able to see my OBC before I sailed. So hoping to see it this time!!! And I'm REALLY hoping that because I will be platinum, that I get the platinum $200!!

Would you be so kind as to come back and let us know if this works out for you? I will be platinum on my next cruise, too, but I was thinking that they would look at (1) Did you book with a Mastercard (check) and (2) are you applying for the correct level of OBC (gold vs platinum vs diamond). Since my current VIFP says "gold," I didn't know if trying to claim the platinum $200 would just have them kick my registration out. DH will still will be gold on this cruise, so I decided to register under his name for the $50. Then, I thought, what the heck, maybe they will approve platinum $200 for me since my documents already say "priority" and "platinum," so I re-submitted under my name. I know it says one per cabin. I'm just hoping to get one or the other. Fifty would be good, but $200, of course, would be better.

Does anyone know if you set up your on board account with a MC can you also put cash on it when you get to port? We prefer to put cash on our account as it helps us keep up with it better. Also, has anyone with Red status tried it and had it work?

I have searched the web and only came up with this information from a PAST promotion.

Now you can have even more fun aboard your upcoming Carnival® cruise. Just use your MasterCard® card for your onboard purchases and we'll give you a $50 credit to spend however you want - relax at the spa, celebrate at the bar or add some fun to a shore excursion. It's up to you!

Simply complete these three steps by November 15th* (Currently July 19, 2013):

Step 1. Sign-up today for this special offer by filling out the information below. (Same as the link that has been provided in this thread).

Step 2. Complete your online check-in at My Cruise manager and enter your MasterCard card information to setup you Sail & Sign account that you will use for onboard purchases.

Step 3. Get ready to set sail for FUN! Your onboard credit will show up on you Sail & Sign account the first day of your cruise.

Step 1. Sign-up today for this special offer by filling out the information below.Step 2.Complete your online check-in at My Cruise Manager and enter your MasterCard® card information to setup your Sail & Sign® account that you will use for onboard purchases.Step 3.Get ready to set sail for FUN! Your onboard credit will show up on your Sail & Sign® account the first day of your cruise.

Applicable to sailings between 12/1/2012 and 3/15/2013. See Terms & Conditions below for additional details. (As I said, this is for a PAST promotion).

I think at this point we can only hope for the best and it shows up the first day of the cruise.

Interesting. I didn't know about the promotion at the time and paid for our cruise with Visa. So I didn't even try for the MasterCard promotion.

Now if I edit my online checking and change to MC which I plan to use onboard anyway will it make us eligible for the promotion? Or the cruise itself has to be paid by MC only?

Edited by Aldeya

I just signed up for this for our b2b and am really hoping that we get the credit. Since I have already prepaid for our excursions, travel, etc. this would pay for our tips and drinks. We might actually leave the ship without spending any more of our own $ since we already have OBC from promos and price drops. Sure would be nice!

Interesting. I didn't know about the promotion at the time and paid for our cruise with Visa. So I didn't even try for the MasterCard promotion.

Now if I edit my online checking and change to MC which I plan to use onboard anyway will it make us eligible for the promotion? Or the cruise itself has to be paid by MC only?

I'm not sure but it is worth a try.

The current promotion indicates that you need to purchase the cruise with a MC...who knows for sure!

I clinked the link in the email and this is what is says:

PLATINUM

To be eligible to receive the $200 onboard credit, pre-register to participate and use a MasterCard card when purchasing a qualifying Carnival cruise. To pre-register, fill out and submit the MasterCard Onboard Credit Promotion form accessible via the URL provided in the mailed offer. Form must be submitted by 07/19/2013. The onboard credit is provided for use only on your onboard Sail & Sign account up to a maximum of $200 per stateroom on applicable sailings clearly stated in the mailed offer. Offer has no cash value. Limit one onboard credit per MasterCard cardholder. Limit one offer redemption per cabin. Offer is capacity controlled and is subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.

MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

I don't know but the offer was for MasterCard so I would think that as soon as they look up your booking and see the you paid with a Visa card you may be sol. Also I believe it says one per household.

I just filled out my FunPass info yesterday, and just went in and changed my expense account info from my Visa to MC. Hopefully, this will work!

Between this and my shareholder OBC, the fare, taxes, and most of the tips should be covered! :D

If it works. We'll see!

I just registered for the $200 Platinum OBC. I printed the thank you confirmation and will take this with me. Sure hope this works. Thanks so much for posting this information!!

I clinked the link in the email and this is what is says:

PLATINUM

To be eligible to receive the $200 onboard credit, pre-register to participate and use a MasterCard card when purchasing a qualifying Carnival cruise. To pre-register, fill out and submit the MasterCard Onboard Credit Promotion form accessible via the URL provided in the mailed offer. Form must be submitted by 07/19/2013. The onboard credit is provided for use only on your onboard Sail & Sign account up to a maximum of $200 per stateroom on applicable sailings clearly stated in the mailed offer. Offer has no cash value. Limit one onboard credit per MasterCard cardholder. Limit one offer redemption per cabin. Offer is capacity controlled and is subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.

MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

Are you able to give me the URL provided in the mailed offer they refer to? I did not get either a mailed offer or any type of email about this although I'm platinum with Carnival and did book upcoming cruise with the Carnival MasterCard. All attempts using the sites mentioned in this thread have been unsuccessful at locating the application for this promotion. Thank you.

I filled out the form and it said:

" Thank you! You will see a $200 onboard credit posted to your Sail & Sign account onboard your cruise. Enjoy!"

I PRAY it's there, I don't know what else to do, I checked my account online and it's not there but it may take 24 hours or so. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

:rolleyes:

I filled out the form and it said:

" Thank you! You will see a $200 onboard credit posted to your Sail & Sign account onboard your cruise. Enjoy!"

I PRAY it's there, I don't know what else to do, I checked my account online and it's not there but it may take 24 hours or so. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

:rolleyes:

I think you will be all set as long as you print that "thank you" page and bring it with you. Even if it's not posted you'll have proof that it was approved. Now I'll ask one more time...can you please tell me where you found the form to fill out? Thanks.

Edited by MURCOTT
I didn't mean to imply I had asked you personally, just a general question to anyone. Sounded kind of nasty when I re-read it

I think you will be all set as long as you print that "thank you" page and bring it with you. Even if it's not posted you'll have proof that it was approved. Now I'll ask one more time...can you please tell me where you found the form to fill out? Thanks.

I JUST filled the form for our August cruise and received confirmation for $50. This is the link I used

www.carnival.com/mastercardgold

Edited by Aldeya

I JUST filled the form for our August cruise and received confirmation for $50. This is the link I used

www.carnival.com/mastercardgold

Thank you so much. I was able to click on your link to get the application. I will be happy with the $50.00 if I get it even though I am platinum. When I type in the link changing gold to platinum it does not come up for some reason. Of course, I'm no computer genius either so I could be doing something wrong. $50.00 is better than nothing.

Thank you so much. I was able to click on your link to get the application. I will be happy with the $50.00 if I get it even though I am platinum. When I type in the link changing gold to platinum it does not come up for some reason. Of course, I'm no computer genius either so I could be doing something wrong. $50.00 is better than nothing.

www.carnival.com/mastercardplatinum

If this works enjoy your "platinum drink" !:D

Thank-You for posting this link...I just signed up for both of our cruises. I printed the confirmation pages....let's keep the fingers crossed that I get it.

Last year with the MasterCard promo I just had to take the confirmation page to Guest Services and they validated it after 2 days onboard....I definitely wouldn't have gotten it without the confirmation page

I just filled out my FunPass info yesterday, and just went in and changed my expense account info from my Visa to MC. Hopefully, this will work!

Between this and my shareholder OBC, the fare, taxes, and most of the tips should be covered! :D

If it works. We'll see!

Hope it works like a charm for you. lol Just think of what you can do with an extra $200 OBC :D :D

www.carnival.com/mastercardplatinum

If this works enjoy your "platinum drink" !:D

It worked and I did get the "thank you" for $200 on platinum. I can't thank you enough. You wouldn't happen to be on the Legend in Sept. would you? If so you'd be enjoying a "platinum drink" on me even if the credit does not come through, for your effort. :)

Thanks for this great information! I filled it out and got the Thank You page, as well. Of course, final payment was due earlier this month and it was all paid with my Visa, but I have changed my onboard account to my MasterCard and I will hope for the best!