New promotion!?!

Your explanation makes perfect sense and so glad you made the observations for everyone.

I was also concerned about the valid sail dates. jjh9, was there a time frame for these links?

Wiskt, Can you give us some clues as to how one goes about checking or finding links that may be applicable for one's upcoming cruise.

Hi Mary

I have the links bookmarked from past Cheeetahmail offers and check them when I book cruises. I will say that each promotion has has a whole different link format so it's not as easy as returning to a past link. Usually I do a search on CC and Carnival for MASTERCARD promo, cheetahmail etc.

I think I've discovered everyone here on CC actually.

from what I've always seen. There is a deadline to register for it and they are particular to sailings between xx/xx/xxxx -xx/xx/xxxx dates. (Usually a full season or 6 months? My next cruise is in Dec and I have a feeling I may be outside this ones window timeframe, but might as well try right.. All they can do is say no.

From what it appears RED level would not qualify for this one :(

Since this one ends on 7/19 to register Ill keep my eyes peeled for a new one and will post the link here If I find one. Usually, they are at the bottom of the Carnival emails I get from my PVP and Carnival when they start sending out the welcome and "time to plan excursion" emails.

Hi Mary

I have the links bookmarked from past Cheeetahmail offers and check them when I book cruises. I will say that each promotion has has a whole different link format so it's not as easy as returning to a past link. Usually I do a search on CC and Carnival for MASTERCARD promo, cheetahmail etc.

from what I've always seen. There is a deadline to register for it and they are particular to sailings between xx/xx/xxxx -xx/xx/xxxx dates. (Usually a full season or 6 months? My next cruise is in Dec and I have a feeling I may be outside this ones window timeframe, but might as well try right.. All they can do is say no.

Since this one ends on 7/19 to register Ill keep my eyes peeled for a new one and will post the link here If I find one. Usually, they are at the bottom of the Carnival emails I get from my PVP and Carnival when they start sending out the welcome and "time to plan excursion" emails.

Good detective work. Never thought to read those emails through. I guess I delete too fast...lol. Thanks for the tips.

It's thanks to the generosity of others that I have been aware of 2 promos. Last one I did benefit from $50OBC on each of my January cruises. Hope this one works out too.

OK, I am stumped.....What is Cheetah mail??

Cheetahmail is a marketing site via Experian that handles some promotions for businesses... such as MASTERCARD and CARNIVAL. There is no gimmick or risk, its just a portal for mass marketing and "get the word out type of stuff. You may have actually gone through them before on other online offers and not even realized it.

Edited by wiskt

Hi Mary

I got excited when I read this because I had just received one of the excursion emails on Monday. Darn. Nothing more on it.

Good detective work. Never thought to read those emails through. I guess I delete too fast...lol. Thanks for the tips.

It's thanks to the generosity of others that I have been aware of 2 promos. Last one I did benefit from $50OBC on each of my January cruises. Hope this one works out too.

I also was greatful to receive the MC promo of $50 OBC on each of my past January B2B cruises. I book with AmEx but used my MC for S & S card. We had so much OBC that our total amount on our statement for the 1st cruise was $5.28 and the 2nd cruise was $38.40.

OK, I am stumped.....What is Cheetah mail??

Okay, I'm no expert, but here are my thoughts on this.

Cheetah mail is just an entity that companies use for mass e-mailing for marketing purposes. I think it's owned by Experian. See the "cheetahmail" in the link below?

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&a=0&n=530

(This is the link that takes you to the platinum $200 OBC registration form). You can also get there by typing carnival.com/mastercardplatinum in your browser.

These promos are not Carnival promos per se--they are promos in conjunction with and sponsored by the credit card company, in this case Mastercard.

On the other hand, Carnival "sales" that come with OBC usually do go by the length of the cruise, but those are Carnival in-house promos--the longer the cruise, the more OBC. You see these all the time at carnival.com when they are running those particular sales. It's plain to see when you are booking what the OBC will be. Those have nothing to do with what credit card you use. You can use any credit card and still get that OBC because it's part of an in-house time-limited Carnival promo/sale. You don't register, you book.

The current promo in question is from Mastercard. Mastercard wants you to pull out your Mastercard to book a cruise instead of your Discover, Visa, or AmEx, etc. and have partnered with Carnival to entice that to happen. It also has nothing to do with the Carnival Funpoints card specifically. I think a lot of confusion comes in because that card also happens to be a Mastercard. It will work for this promo because it is a Mastercard, not because it is a Carnival Mastercard. Maybe they send these mailed offers to people who have a Carnival Mastercard so that it is more of a pre-screened promo--I'm not sure. It would be easy for them to do. They know who has a Carnival Mastercard and they assume those people also cruise on Carnival, so it might be a safer bet that those people might be interested in this offer. That's neither here nor there--sorry, I was just thinking out loud. I majored in marketing back in the day, LOL, so I can't help it. I have a Carnival Mastercard, but that's not the one I'm using for my next cruise.

I was in on the Mastercard promo last year that gave you $50 OBC (not dependent on your VIFP level) if you registered your Mastercard for your S&S account. The paperwork I got in my cabin that explains your various on-board credits said "compliments of Mastercard." BINGO! That was then.

Fast forward to now>>> The terms and conditions of this particular promo that jjh9 so generously provided the link for says the OBC is for PURCHASING A QUALIFYING CRUISE with a Mastercard, which is much different. Hey, it's their promo. They and Carnival got together and this is what they came up with this time. Does "purchasing" mean the deposit, the final payment, or both? Hmmm, I"m not sure. Luckily for me, I'm using Mastercard for both. Then I'm going to use Mastercard for my S&S account too, but that's apparently not a prerequisite for THIS promo. According to the terms and conditions, the amount of OBC (if any) for this particular promo is based on the following:

1. You PURCHASE YOUR CRUISE USING A MASTERCARD.

2. Your VIFP level is gold, platinum, or diamond.

3. You register with your pertinent information at the appropriate link for your VIFP level: carnival.com/mastercardgold ($50), carnival.com/mastercardplatinum ($200), or carnival.com/mastercarddiamond ($300) by the DEADLINE of July 19, 2013.

4. YOUR CRUISE IS A QUALIFYING CRUISE.*

*Number 4 above is the unknown entity. No one so far has posted here on CC a list of what cruises actually qualify for this Mastercard promo. The terms and conditions refer to "applicable sailings clearly stated in the mailed offer." It could just a handful of cruises, or it could be hundreds. Without a look at that list, no one knows for sure. Other Mastercard promos have traditionally been for cruises more in the "off season," like hurricane season and before the holidays, and not everybody got the info first hand in an e-mail. Much later (right before the deadline), the info appeared on Carnival's own Facebook page. I know for a fact that you didn't have to receive an e-mail to qualify for that--you just had to go to the link that was provided. Like I said before, I never receive any promo e-mails from Carnival (funships@carnivalfunmail.com) other than the usual "be sure to book your excursions" and "don't forget to purchase your transfers," even though I'm signed up to receive all types. I've scoured all of those, and there is no mention of this offer.

What we do know is that the deadline to register is fast approaching, as in today. You're not out anything by registering, and they don't really ask for any personal information other than your name, your e-mail address, your cruise ship/date, and your booking number. Your cruise will either qualify or it won't. Printing the confirmation page may or may not help you in the long run. It can't hurt, and at least if you have that you have something to show them at the guest services desk. What they can do about it if you don't get the credit is anybody's guess. Good luck to everybody!

I called Carnival and asked them about the promotion and was told to get any on board credit you need to be invited to take part in the promotion. If you just fill pout the form there is a very good chance that you won’t get anything. Other than giving your personal cruise information to a third party.

The one that ends =520 is for Gold level and gives $50 in on board credit.

The one that ends =530 is for Platinum level and gives $200 in on board credit.

The one that ends =540 is for Diamond level and gives $300 in on board credit.

Edited by near the beach

Well, yes. Without that list of qualifying cruises, we really don't know what will happen.

I don't get any emails from Carnival, no matter how many times I enter my addy on their website. The only ones I get are confirmations from my PVP, and that's all that really matters to me.

As I noted, I had to pay for the upcoming Fantasy cruise when I booked and used my Visa. I did enter the MC for my onboard but it probably won't matter.

I did put the deposit for my Conquest cruise on my MC and made final payment the other day as well as entered it for my onboard spending, so there's a chance I'll get the OBC on that one.

But, maybe not. We'll see.

I called Carnival and asked them about the promotion and was told to get any on board credit you need to be invited to take part in the promotion. If you just fill pout the form there is a very good chance that you won’t get anything. Other than giving your personal cruise information to a third party.

The one that ends =520 is for Gold level and gives $50 in on board credit.

The one that ends =530 is for Platinum level and gives $200 in on board credit.

The one that ends =540 is for Diamond level and gives $300 in on board credit.

I won't argue with this statement. It could very well be true. All I'm going to say is that they told me the very same thing when I called about the last Mastercard promo--and it turned out not to be true--I didn't receive the "private" invitation, but I did get the OBC after registering from a link provided here on CC. Will it be the same this time? I have no idea. Like I said, I don't think any of us is COUNTING on it--it will just be a nice little bonus if we do get it.

I won't argue with this statement. It could very well be true. All I'm going to say is that they told me the very same thing when I called about the last Mastercard promo--and it turned out not to be true--I didn't receive the "private" invitation, but I did get the OBC after registering from a link provided here on CC. Will it be the same this time? I have no idea. Like I said, I don't think any of us is COUNTING on it--it will just be a nice little bonus if we do get it.

Same for us. I read about it here on CC and applied....BINGO , we got the credit ....:)

I never get emials from Carnival either. I have called everyone including their it dept. but nothing has helped me to get emails. I did register for the last promo and got the obc. I am also looking at this one as a wait and see. Not sure what it takes to get on their email list. I don't even think their it department knows.:rolleyes:

The current promotion indicates that you need to purchase the cruise with a MC...who knows for sure!

That's the promotion that I applied for, it ended on 7/19. Hopefully it will be for real and show up on everyone's S&S accounts... One thing I did notice, in the picture and confirmation picture, it says the OBC will show up on you Sail & Sign account. Isn't it, Sign & Sail account...?

That's the promotion that I applied for, it ended on 7/19. Hopefully it will be for real and show up on everyone's S&S accounts... One thing I did notice, in the picture and confirmation picture, it says the OBC will show up on you Sail & Sign account. Isn't it, Sign & Sail account...?

I'm not really sure whether it's Sail & Sign or Sign & Sail. I also think it's Sign & Sail. Want this back on the 1st page so it will be easier to find.

Hopefully, someone who has cruises coming up will be back to tell us whether or not they got the MC OBC.

Nope. I always call it that but it's actually Sail & Sign. I guess the idea is you set sail and you just sign your bank account away on a daily basis. :p

Hopefully, someone who has cruises coming up will be back to tell us whether or not they got the MC OBC.

Agreed! Who sails the soonest? I sail August 25. Anyone who applied for the OBC earlier than that?

Once again, I'm too late. I'm just getting familiar with these boards and I just accidentally found this post today. The 21st.... I purchased my upcoming cruise with my carnival mc too. Bummer. I'm too late the links are dead.

3013 Sept Carnival Ecstacy

2011 Dec Carnival Fascination

2010 Sept Carnival Elation

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app