New promotion!?!

Final payment for my November cruise isn't due until beginning of September. I may have put the deposit on my MC but I may have used my Visa. Don't remember.

Good news! I did use the MC for the deposit on that cruise ($600 for a solo :eek: ). I think I'll go ahead and pay the balance, just so it's all paid for on the MC as well as put in that card for my onboard account, so everything's in the system.

That $200 OBC would be really helpful, especially combined with $100 sh OBC. When you're solo and paying 100% for everything, every break helps.

Of course, it all remains to be seen whether I actually receive it or not, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone for all the great info!

Thanks so much for the info, I filled it out for our 8/25 cruise on the Conquest and got the Thank You page as well, had already used MC to pay for our cruise, so keeping fingers crossed it will show up on our sign and sail card!!

Thanks for this great information! I filled it out and got the Thank You page, as well. Of course, final payment was due earlier this month and it was all paid with my Visa, but I have changed my onboard account to my MasterCard and I will hope for the best!

Well it would appear that the "thank you" page means it worked. If you take it with you at least you have it in writing.

I just submitted the Carnival MastercardPlatinum form for each of our B2B cruises. I am a Platinum member.

I booked both of them using AMEX & have paid one of them off. However, I just went in and paid some more of the other cruise using my PLATINUM Mastercard. I also went in to Manage My Cruise and put in this same Platinum MC for my S & S account.

I'm mentioning that I used my PLATINUM MC because I'm wondering if that is what the Gold & Platinum mean. There was no link using MastercardRed.

I just submitted the Carnival MastercardPlatinum form for each of our B2B cruises. I am a Platinum member.

I booked both of them using AMEX & have paid one of them off. However, I just went in and paid some more of the other cruise using my PLATINUM Mastercard. I also went in to Manage My Cruise and put in this same Platinum MC for my S & S account.

I'm mentioning that I used my PLATINUM MC because I'm wondering if that is what the Gold & Platinum mean. There was no link using MastercardRed.

The gold and platinum refer to the Carnival ranking.

If you are gold with Carnival the OBC is $50, if you are platinum it's $200.

Has anyone that did this sailed yet? I would love to hear confirmation of if it worked, and when it showed on your account (can you see ahead of time in booking, or does it just show when you check in at port?).

Does it matter when you cruise is, I have already paid in fulll for July and have two more in February I filled the form out three times but I do not have a printer so I have no proof , would you do it again when you can get to a printer.
I would try it again when you have a printer.

I did that and printed the page with my info, the thank you page, and the terms & conditions page so I have all to take with me in case it is not on my S&S when I board.

Edited by Igot2travel

The gold and platinum refer to the Carnival ranking.

If you are gold with Carnival the OBC is $50, if you are platinum it's $200.

Never mind. I just found it on the application page which I went in to do over (didn't submit) so that I could make a copy of it.

Edited by Sparky2

I would try it again when you have a printer.

I did that and printed the page with my info, the thank you page, and the terms & conditions page so I have all to take with me in case it is not on my S&S when I board.

OK, now I'm lost again. All I had was the input page and then the Thank You page after I submitted it. I didn't see anything with terms and conditions.

Ah, I see it. Yes, it does make it sound as though you have to pay for the cruise using your MC, which I did not do for my upcoming Fantasy cruise but did for the Conquest cruise.

It would be really, really nice if someone who received this "mailed offer" would scan it and upload it here so we wouldn't be quite so confused! The Terms & Conditions notes that it is on "applicable sailings clearly stated in the mailed offer."

So even though we're getting this "thank you" page, that probably doesn't mean anything other than that we've met the "pre-register" portion of the offer.

We need to know which sailings!! Please!?!?!

We sail on Sunday on B2B cruises. I paid for both cruises on the MC and used the link for the $50 credit for each. I printed the "thank you" page for both (even though they are the same). Will look for the credit when I board, if it's not there will go to Guest Services and ask. Will report back in a few weeks.

We sail on Sunday on B2B cruises. I paid for both cruises on the MC and used the link for the $50 credit for each. I printed the "thank you" page for both (even though they are the same). Will look for the credit when I board, if it's not there will go to Guest Services and ask. Will report back in a few weeks.

Thank you!

If you get it on your B2B it doesn't mean that any of the rest of us will get it unless whatever cruise is on the list.

I see that Cruise2062 posted the entire Terms and Conditions back in Post 41. Obviously, I didn't read it very thoroughly. And that Lego7191 requested that someone scan and post the list of cruises.

So I'll ask again. Someone here received this mailing/email that listed the applicable sailings.

Please don't keep me in suspense until mid-November? :p

If you get it on your B2B it doesn't mean that any of the rest of us will get it unless whatever cruise is on the list.

I see that Cruise2062 posted the entire Terms and Conditions back in Post 41. Obviously, I didn't read it very thoroughly. And that Lego7191 requested that someone scan and post the list of cruises.

So I'll ask again. Someone here received this mailing/email that listed the applicable sailings.

Please don't keep me in suspense until mid-November? :p

I never get any promo mail from Carnival even though I'm signed up for it and will be platinum on my next cruise, but maybe someone else here on Cruise Critic got that mailer that lists the specific cruises. If they did, they are not likely to read beyond the first couple of posts on this thread because it started out asking more of a question about a 4th of July promo or "sale." Perhaps a new thread asking specifically about this Mastercard promo would lead someone to post it. I'm afraid it will de-rail into a discussion about past MC promos, though, like the ones that were for Sail and Sign accounts using MC. It might be worth a try, though. ;)

The facts that the poster above said they met the majority of the qualifications for this promo by actually PAYING for the cruises with MC and had submitted the registration form before the deadline tell us they are eligible for the promotion IF one or both their cruises are on the list of "applicable cruises."

I just thought it was nice that somebody was willing to come back after sailing and give us some information, however circumstantial. Of course, on-board guest services has a reputation of not having information about anything out of the ordinary...

Oh, definitely! If they receive the OBC that means at least some folks that did this are getting some benefit.

I just don't want to get my hopes up too high thinking I'll have this nice OBC when I board and then not get it. Maybe I'll just revert to Negative Nelly mode and assume that I won't get it and then I can be pleasantly surprised if I do!

I like pleasant surprises! :p

I would love to get $50 for each, but if we don't that's okay. We will be pleasantly surprised, but not extremely disappointed. We already have $225 OBC on leg 1 and $740 OBC on leg 2. So this is just the gravy on top!

Oh, definitely! If they receive the OBC that means at least some folks that did this are getting some benefit.

I just don't want to get my hopes up too high thinking I'll have this nice OBC when I board and then not get it. Maybe I'll just revert to Negative Nelly mode and assume that I won't get it and then I can be pleasantly surprised if I do!

I like pleasant surprises! :p

I am going in assuming I will not get it- not factoring it in to my "mental" OBC. If I do get it, WONDERFUL! If not, I am not out a darn thing- other than the less than 15 seconds it took to click the link, and fill out the form.

I am going in assuming I will not get it- not factoring it in to my "mental" OBC. If I do get it, WONDERFUL! If not, I am not out a darn thing- other than the less than 15 seconds it took to click the link, and fill out the form.

That's a good way to look at it...I think I'll do the same.

There were one about a month ago. I applied and received an email stating it would be on my Sept. 29th cruise s&s account. Carnival.com/mastercardgold

I was the original poster that mentioned the "CHEATAH MAIL pomo"

First, THANK YOU jjh9 for the posting. I submitted mine and have my fingers crossed.

EVERYONE ELSE expecting a $200 onboard credit.????........

NOTE: and this is just an observation so everyone doesn't come back to this thread or complaining to the Guest services desk with your printed confirmation asking "why they do not have a $200 OBC?"

...in jjh9's original post I noticed that their next cruise is a 12 DAY cruise on the SUNSHINE. Other Carnival promotions usually allow "Up to $200 OBC" which is depending on the length of your cruise.

$50 - 3-5 day cruises

$75 - 6 Day Cruises

$100 - 7-9 day cruises

$200 - 10+ days

This would make sense for jjh9 to receive a confirmation expecting a $200 on board credit on their upcoming 12 day SUNSHINE cruise. However, if everyone else (like myself) is only taking a shorter 3-5 day cruise I am only expecting (if it actually gets approved the usual $50 OBC.

Remember we are all accessing the link that was originally provided to a 12-day booking so all those number coding in the link could be referencing the credit amount for a 12-day cruise.

We also do not know what the sail date requirements or window are for THIS PROMOTION? In the past, all of these Mastercard OBC offers had specific sailing dates that were eligible.

I always check for this promotion before every cruise I book. I am Platinum and have managed to use links that other people have posted and they have always worked for me (5 separate times actually) but I always only received the OBC for the length of MY CRUISE not the original poster's confirmation.

Other things to keep in mind I have experienced in the past

1- My OBC normally only shows up a week or two prior to sailing or I simply have a letter in my cabin informing me of it. They may wait to apply it to make sure you do not change your card to a non-mastercard at the last minute?

2- It usually goes through as long as I have a (ANY) MASTERCARD assigned to my Sail n Sign account, not by the way I purchased or paid for my initial booking. I've used multiple forms of payment for the bookings, but as long as I had a MASTERCARD on my sail n sign it was all good.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL and I hope everyone receives their share. I just wanted to point out the $200 confirmation now before everyone gets in line with their printed confirmations onboard expecting an instant $200 OBC for a $300 cruise. :)

Edited by wiskt

First, THANK YOU jjh9 for the posting. I submitted mine and have my fingers crossed.

NOTE: and this is just an observation so everyone doesn't come back to this thread or complaining to the Guest services desk with your printed confirmation asking "why they do not have a $200 OBC?"

...in jjh9's original post I noticed that their next cruise is a 12 DAY cruise on the SUNSHINE. Other Carnival promotions usually allow "Up to $200 OBC" which is depending on the length of your cruise.

$50 - 3-5 day cruises

$75 - 6 Day Cruises

$100 - 7-9 day cruises

$200 - 10+ days

This would make sense for jjh9 to receive a confirmation expecting a $200 on board credit on their upcoming 12 day SUNSHINE cruise. However, if everyone else (like myself) is only taking a shorter 3-5 day cruise I am only expecting (if it actually gets approved the usual $50 OBC.

Remember we are all accessing the link that was originally provided to a 12-day booking so all those number coding in the link could be referencing the credit amount for a 12-day cruise.

We also do not know what the sail date requirements or window are for THIS PROMOTION? In the past, all of these Mastercard OBC offers had specific sailing dates that were eligible.

I always check for this promotion before every cruise I book. I am Platinum and have managed to use links that other people have posted and they have always worked for me (5 separate times actually) but I always only received the OBC for the length of MY CRUISE not the original poster's confirmation.

1- My OBC normally only shows up a week or two prior to sailing or I simply have a letter in my cabin informing me of it. They may wait to apply it to make sure you do not change your card to a non-mastercard at the last minute?

2- It usually goes through as long as I have a (ANY) MASTERCARD assigned to my Sail n Sign account, not by the way I purchased or paid for my initial booking. I've used multiple forms of payment for the bookings, but as long as I had a MASTERCARD on my sail n sign it was all good.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL and I hope everyone receives their share. I just wanted to point out the $200 confirmation now before everyone gets in line with their printed confirmations onboard expecting an instant $200 OBC for a $300 cruise. :)

Thank you for taking the time to explain this. It makes perfect sense.

$50 - 3-5 day cruises

$75 - 6 Day Cruises

$100 - 7-9 day cruises

$200 - 10+ days

Your explanation makes perfect sense and so glad you made the observations for everyone.

I was also concerned about the valid sail dates. jjh9, was there a time frame for these links?

Wiskt, Can you give us some clues as to how one goes about checking or finding links that may be applicable for one's upcoming cruise.

Your explanation makes perfect sense and so glad you made the observations for everyone.

I was also concerned about the valid sail dates. jjh9, was there a time frame for these links?

Wiskt, Can you give us some clues as to how one goes about checking or finding links that may be applicable for one's upcoming cruise.

7/19/2013 is last day you can apply. If you are platinum you can get $200.00 gold is $50.00. Nowhere does it say what sail dates. Apply and see if it works.

carnival.com/mastercardplatinum.com.

I have tried to read thru this entire thread and now I think I have confused myself !!!

I have a Carnival World MasterCard , but I am Red with Carnival cruise lines , so I don't qualify for the MasterCard promo because while I have a MC, I am not Gold or platinum with Carnival Cruise lines , Is this Correct ???

Thanks everyone,

BethAnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 1995

Disney Wonder April 2009

Carnival Liberty Oct 2012

Carnival Breeze Feb 2014