La Patisserie on Island Princess

Alaska0799

The Island Princess is scheduled to be updated October 12, 2014 with the IC. There's a huge gap in the cruise schedule and her next cruise isn't scheduled until November 26, 2014 so it's likely she'll get not only the IC but a bunch of other features.

What sites show what Princess Ships are being updated or going into dry dock as your dates indicates?

Tom:)

What sites show what Princess Ships are being updated or going into dry dock as your dates indicates?

There are two that I know about that lists Princess drydock schedule and both are not official.

http://www.shipcruise.org/cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule/

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedlue

You don't need the dry dock schedules, just go to the Island booking pages and see that she is booking cruises during the dates mentioned by Pam. Two Panama Canals that cover the time slot. Island will not get a refurb until 2014. It does have the Patissere (sp) not the IC.;)

The Island Princess is scheduled to be updated October 12, 2014 with the IC. There's a huge gap in the cruise schedule and her next cruise isn't scheduled until November 26, 2014 so it's likely she'll get not only the IC but a bunch of other features.
That's a 45 day gap which is significantly longer than any other recent major drydock I can remember :eek:

• 10 months later...

I have read the above posts but cannot find when the Patisserie on the Island Princess opens. Is it 24 hours like the IC on other ships. We will be on the Nov. 11, 2014 sailing before the upgrade to the IC. BooHoo :(

Anyone recently traveled and can tell me if I can get a cup of good coffee before 6am?

Thanks

I have read the above posts but cannot find when the Patisserie on the Island Princess opens. Is it 24 hours like the IC on other ships. We will be on the Nov. 11, 2014 sailing before the upgrade to the IC. BooHoo :(

Anyone recently traveled and can tell me if I can get a cup of good coffee before 6am?

Thanks

No its just a bar area and only has a tray or 2 during the day of pastries etc.

Very very limited food options and nothing like the IC.

I think the IC is scheduled to be added to the Island but niot sure when.

Thanks

We were on the Island in January of 2013. No 24 hour venue on the Island :(. The Patisserie didn't open until about 6:30 on our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well if it makes you feel any better...the upgrade has been delayed until April 2015 so it can be done in Italy just prior to her first ever Summer in the Med.

(Always assume information in a 10 month old post is out of date...that's a lifetime in the cruise world :rolleyes:)

We were on the Island in January of 2013. No 24 hour venue on the Island :(. The Patisserie didn't open until about 6:30 on our cruise.

I was on sister ship Coral before she got her IC. I solved my afternoon munchies problem by going to tea every day it was available. LaPatisserie is really not much to write home about.

So there is no place to get good coffee before 6:00am? Where else on the ship would I use a coffee card for specialty coffees?

When I was on the Coral in 2010 I wasn't as picky about my coffee as now:rolleyes:

Hi Linda !

I just saw your name this am. Hope you are enjoying all your travels.

I am heading out on Friday for Alaska. Looking forward the Regal b2b in the beg of Nov.

Sali

So there is no place to get good coffee before 6:00am? Where else on the ship would I use a coffee card for specialty coffees?

When I was on the Coral in 2010 I wasn't as picky about my coffee as now:rolleyes:

This was our one and only gripe on our canal transit on the Island in March. We are early risers so it was torture for us to wait until 6:30 to get a cup of coffee!! Especially since you could go down there and see that the coffee was ready, but they stuck to their guns and wouldn't pour it until they "opened" at 6:30. It's not like we were asking for a special blended drink, just plain old coffee in a cup, and we had coffee cards. By the second week, they knew dh well enough that certain baristas would serve him early. They did open at 6 on port days, which helped a little.

And yes, we did mention this on our post-cruise survey. Everything else on the ship was perfect, which we also mentioned!

I thought it opened at 6 am when we were on the Island Princess last summer

We just completed the Panama Canal cruise and I am an early riser and would get to the Patissirie every day around 6 am or sometimes a little before. This worked out fine except for the canal transit day when, for some reason, they changed the opening time to 6:30 instead of 6. And, the bartender was quite adamant with everone who came by that he would not open until 6:30 am. Of course, we all wanted to get our coffee and get up on deck, but there we all stood waiting for him to pour our morning coffee.

It was shown on the Patter, so it was not his fault, but why not open the Patissirie a half hour earlier(say 5:30 am) to allow for people to get their coffee and head up to the deck before we begin our transit.

I did notice that there was at least one other day that they opened at 6:30 am instead of 6 am, but the transit day was the only day they stuck to not even serving their drip coffee until they officially opened.

Hopefully the Island gets the IC during dry dock. I heard while on board the main change to the Island is to add several hundred rooms and take out the Universal lounge, to accomodate the Mediterranean cruises.

Doug

Hopefully the Island gets the IC during dry dock. I heard while on board the main change to the Island is to add several hundred rooms and take out the Universal lounge, to accomodate the Mediterranean cruises.

Doug

Well if it makes you feel any better...the upgrade has been delayed until April 2015 so it can be done in Italy just prior to her first ever Summer in the Med.

(Always assume information in a 10 month old post is out of date...that's a lifetime in the cruise world :rolleyes:)

See above...

Shoot, I was hoping for good coffee early. Thanks for the information.:(

That was my gripe on the smaller ships too. The coffee guy would not serve us coffee although it was made until 6am so we sat there until he would serve us.:mad:

I just got off the Royal and they have ground coffee in the HC. I was getting tea one night and saw them put ground coffee into the machines. No icky syrup!:)