Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Thanks. Probably a bunch of youngsters.

Rick

Not what you (or I) think are youngsters. However they do seem to be young at heart. Unless you think anyone under 60 is a youngster my impression is that most of their cruisers are 50+ singles (but that's just judging by the pictures I have seen on the V2G website)

I am 62, by the way, but do not consider myself old (at least not yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

Hello, I will be skipping this year (due to too many concerts and a new piano) but will return next December.

I was looking the Escape which would mean flying from PHL to MIA on 12/15 (this would be 5th anniversary of my NCL Epic trip) but am now considering

the 8 night 12/18/16 Breakaway from NYC- note there is around a $450 price difference with the Breakaway being greater- which coincidentally could be the margins between NYC and FLA travel charges for me.

Is anyone doing either of these? Does the Breakaway one with the 12/18-12/26 one seem more family oriented? Would the 12/17 Escape be a better option for solos?

Hello, I will be skipping this year (due to too many concerts and a new piano) but will return next December.

I was looking the Escape which would mean flying from PHL to MIA on 12/15 (this would be 5th anniversary of my NCL Epic trip) but am now considering

the 8 night 12/18/16 Breakaway from NYC- note there is around a $450 price difference with the Breakaway being greater- which coincidentally could be the margins between NYC and FLA travel charges for me.

Is anyone doing either of these? Does the Breakaway one with the 12/18-12/26 one seem more family oriented? Would the 12/17 Escape be a better option for solos?

I am going on the Breakaway this December 13th - solo. I recently talked my wife into joining me next year for December 18th and we have a fabulous room booked for the two of us. [emoji132]

Keep in mind that the December 18th cruise is an eight night cruise that goes over Christmas. It's priced a little higher but not as high as the following week over New Year's. [emoji4]

I have cruised just before Christmas four times and there are quite a few kids but they do not seem to interfere with adults or solos enjoyment. It's always been a great cruise!!

I have cruised solo on both Breakaway and Getaway and found the solos on the Florida cruise were older, generally speaking.

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

Solo male mid 30s from Canada. thinking of a cruise in October 2016 on NCL Gem for 14 day Caribbean from Puerto Rico. Wondering if anyone else interesting in doing. Like to get a balcony cabin however prices are a bit higher this time. Anyone else planning this cruise as well?

Solo male mid 30s from Canada. thinking of a cruise in October 2016 on NCL Gem for 14 day Caribbean from Puerto Rico. Wondering if anyone else interesting in doing. Like to get a balcony cabin however prices are a bit higher this time. Anyone else planning this cruise as well?

Sounds like it will be a long and fun cruise. I was on the Gem in August, it was nice but it was kind of hard finding other solos to connect with. Just a week ago I came back from an NCL Breakaway and honestly I am hooked. Since it was designed with solos in mind with the solo lounge and solo host, it made it so easy to connect with other solos like never before. I travel solo all the time, but it was my first time on the ship that caters to solos as well and I decided I am not going back to regular ships.

Sounds like it will be a long and fun cruise. I was on the Gem in August, it was nice but it was kind of hard finding other solos to connect with. Just a week ago I came back from an NCL Breakaway and honestly I am hooked. Since it was designed with solos in mind with the solo lounge and solo host, it made it so easy to connect with other solos like never before. I travel solo all the time, but it was my first time on the ship that caters to solos as well and I decided I am not going back to regular ships.

I agree. Going on the Breakaway in 2 weeks. First time I've ever been on the same cruise ship twice.

I probably should have posted this on a separate thread.......I've been curious if the other NCL ships tried to imitate the Epic/BA/GA model of solo gatherings, but it seems like you've answered my question. I've only solo traveled on the Breakaway class, often starting in a studio before upgrades, and this has worked well for me. I guess I should just continue with that glass of ship.....