Princess Elite Member

Samanthamelody3

I got a flash sale for May cruise that was too good to pass up. With that cruise I made Elite status, so I am new.:D I did a one day cruise after that.

So here is two questions: How does the tender work? Do you just show your card? Or is there a tender slip in your cabin?

Is the $25 per cabin just for the 21th cruise or every cruise after that until you reach the next level?:confused:

Linda

You get the loyalty credit for every cruise thereafter. I've been getting $100 for a long time, but I expect this will be infinity.

Once when there must have been many Elites onboard we were directed to the dining room to go with the next group without a tender ticket. Didn't you have a non-standard procedure on your SA cruise with over 1,000 Elites?

Yes, on the South America cruise. Elites when to one MDR and got a numbered ticket. Everyone else went to another MDR and got tickets too.

The others are not entitled to free laundry unless they too are elite or staying in a full suite, not a mini suite.

Posted on the Princess Cruises Facebook page-

"Princess - what is your position on non-elite members using elite members laundry privileges if they are family members staying in the same cabin?"

Princess Cruises Hi,

This particular benefit can go to anyone who is in the cabin of the Elite member. We just ask to make sure the Elite member fills out the laundry form with their information.

"Princess - what is your position on non-elite members using elite members laundry privileges if they are family members staying in the same cabin?"

Princess Cruises Hi,

This particular benefit can go to anyone who is in the cabin of the Elite member. We just ask to make sure the Elite member fills out the laundry form with their information.

Thanks for the post. Sure looks plain to me

This must be a USA thing? UK Elites don't get any loyalty OBC.:(

Do you have 21 or more Cruise Credits?

If so, you should get it. Contact the Captain's Circle rep on your next cruise.

Here's a link to info from Princess which doesn't indicate it's limited to USA passengers:

http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlxQWO8V08urQu4TF2t.OlAj4g2cicQNj#royalrewards

This must be a USA thing? UK Elites don't get any loyalty OBC.:(

We are Elite and we recently went on British Isles cruise on Caribbean Princess and we got $25 obc we were told by letter which was on our table with all other documents in our cabin on embarkation.

I am elite but my husband is not. I sent out our laundry in one bag. Mine was free but they separated his out and charged for it. I only made that mistake once!

Princess Cruises Hi,

We have always included both of our laundry (I have the black card, DH is Platinum about to turn Elite) in the bag and have not had a problem. Glad to know that we were legit in doing so!

I got a flash sale for May cruise that was too good to pass up. With that cruise I made Elite status, so I am new.:D I did a one day cruise after that.

So here is two questions: How does the tender work? Do you just show your card? Or is there a tender slip in your cabin?

Is the $25 per cabin just for the 21th cruise or every cruise after that until you reach the next level?:confused:

Linda

Linda, congrats on your Elite status! You will love it on the TA cruise! :p

On our last cruise in April, we had a nice surprise. It was the 50th cruise for my husband and they initiated a "VIP" designation. I was told that it would be for landmark cruises, starting at 50th, then 75th, 100th, etc. I had a few more cruises than he did, but his was the one that earned us the VIP treatment. From what I can remember, we received a very, very nice bottle of champagne, flowers, chocolate strawberries and special chef treats every day, a private tour of the Bridge, and probably a couple of other things I am not recalling at the moment. According to the Circle Hostess, Princess just started this program.I am guessing it is their way of adding another level of loyalty. Anyway, it was a really nice welcome!

I can't remember if it was mentioned previously in this thread, but I have noticed that they are now separating Elite and Platinum passengers during embarkation, rather than just having them all board at the same time. Guess they are discovering that they have an awful large number of platinum passengers now and it created a bottleneck with boarding.

One more thought...we have seen it done both ways recently with the tender embarkation. For several cruises, we just had to show our card at the tender embarkation to avoid getting a numbered tender ticket, but in April, we had tender passes in our cabin,

the way it used to be a couple of years ago. Maybe it depends on the ship and itinerary...

Do Elites not get free internet minutes anymore? I thought Platinums and above got 150 minutes?

Yes, I think that you are correct. 150 minutes per passenger who are Elite.

When Princess Captains Circle first added the Elite category one of the perks was “un-limited internet” minutes. That lasted a few years until some Elites abused the privilege by “sharing” their access with their old & new friends as well as families. Some people were found to be logged-in from embarkation to departure. Needless to say Princess made a business decision and started to limit the privilege. Same thing will happen with the laundry service if the perk is abused. Can't blame Princess for sure!

Complimentary Internet Credit

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATION MINUTES

7 days or less150

8-20 days 250

21+ days 500

We are Elite and we recently went on British Isles cruise on Caribbean Princess and we got $25 obc we were told by letter which was on our table with all other documents in our cabin on embarkation.

Yes of course!!! Just checked my last cruise statement and there it is $25 OBC !! Thanks everyone for straightening me out on this one!:)

Archived