Dressing for dinner

sta319

Is there a dress code?

Recommended onboard clothing is resort or country club casual. For evening dining, elegant casual resort wear is suggested. We request that jeans, shorts, t-shirts or tennis shoes not be worn at dinner.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

Then it would come down to the definition of jeans. So if cruiser A considers jeans any pair of work pants made of blue denim then they would be completely fine in colored denim pants.

If cruiser B defined them as any pants made of denim regardless of color or intended purpose then they wouldn't be acceptable. Oceania's definition of jeans is the key here, until they define them it's up to each individual cruiser to make their own decisions.

In my opinion I'll let my wife know that her nice colored pants are fine for dinner. They're very much Country Club Casual.

I think it is better that Oceania does not define jeans and get technical down to the type of seams instead using, as Oceania does, the word requested. I think having very strict "rules" goes against what my impression is of Oceania (from the outside as I have not yet sailed). I don't doubt from the postings here that I will be comfortable wearing country club casual clothes as I do to nice restaurants and country clubs here in Florida. Just as long as I don't have to tote formal clothes I'll be happy and probably won't notice much of what others are wearing. Hasn't happened yet but I would be uncomfortable if I were woefully underdressed, that's why I asked the question.

I think it is better that Oceania does not define jeans and get technical down to the type of seams instead using, as Oceania does, the word requested. I think having very strict "rules" goes against what my impression is of Oceania (from the outside as I have not yet sailed). I don't doubt from the postings here that I will be comfortable wearing country club casual clothes as I do to nice restaurants and country clubs here in Florida. Just as long as I don't have to tote formal clothes I'll be happy and probably won't notice much of what others are wearing. Hasn't happened yet but I would be uncomfortable if I were woefully underdressed, that's why I asked the question.

It comes down I suppose to whether one chooses to follow the spirit of suggested dress code or the literal definition of jeans.

I will not be wearing jeans of any color to dinner on my Oceania cruise in October but will be packing them for daytime wear.

I will not be wearing jeans of any color to dinner on my Oceania cruise in October but will be packing them for daytime wear.

Jeans in Sicily in October?

Fashion concerns aside, you won't be very comfortable...

Linen is what is needed. ;)

You will BAKE in Denim and it weighs a ton.

Jeans in Sicily in October?

Fashion concerns aside, you won't be very comfortable...

Linen is what is needed. ;)

You will BAKE in Denim and it weighs a ton.

Sicily is one day of a two week trip. We will be in Liguria and also Milan and Lake Como 5 days prior and in Venice post cruise. Average temps range will range from 50s and 60s. For me, that means jeans, not linen. I will be packing skirts and capris for Sicily and Greece.

It comes down I suppose to whether one chooses to follow the spirit of suggested dress code or the literal definition of jeans.

:) I may or may not be wearing my white chicos depending on how the spirit moves me.

Linda

I would never wear any "blue"jeans into the grand dining room, But, having been a member of a wonderful country club for many years, do wear summer weight white pants styled as jeans to the club and also onboard the ships to the restaurants in the evenings with an appropriate top and sweater along with beautiful sandals and have never looked "out of place".

There are no fashion police on board.

Don't be intimidated by any post on this board that purports to tell you what you can and cannot wear.

Wear what you feel comfortable wearing -- your version of country club casual -- I am sure it will be perfect.

There are no fashion police on board.

Don't be intimidated by any post on this board that purports to tell you what you can and cannot wear.

That is good news

I am taking my blue velour sweat suit next cruise ...I like to be comfy at those long dinners in the GDR

It's too bad our roll call has been a bit "over the hill". Any reason we cannot abide by "no jeans, shorts, or t-shirts" on board in the evenings? Sounds as though we're back in middle school testing the system. If one decides to not dress country club casual...stay in your cabin and order room service or go up to the buffet. Simple logic.

It's too bad our roll call has been a bit "over the hill". Any reason we cannot abide by "no jeans, shorts, or t-shirts" on board in the evenings? Sounds as though we're back in middle school testing the system. If one decides to not dress country club casual...stay in your cabin and order room service or go up to the buffet. Simple logic.

Would that not violate some " I paid my money I do as please" attitude :D

I'd say the OP would be completely fine eating in the dining rooms as what she asked about is totally Country Club Casual. Simple logic indeed as what she asked about really isn't jeans, it's nice pants.

Will she need a signed note from her Country Club and will O accept it? :D

We are not part of the "upper crust" so no Country club for us

What will I do now that I cannot get a notarized letter :eek:

Lyn

Anyone going on theMariner cruise departing Barcelona Oct 9? We are interested in joining up with some of you on port excursions. We are fairly active so walking tours are of interest to us. We have seen a tour of Amalfi and Capri that very interesting. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone going on theMariner cruise departing Barcelona Oct 9? We are interested in joining up with some of you on port excursions. We are fairly active so walking tours are of interest to us. We have seen a tour of Amalfi and Capri that very interesting. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Will there be a dress code on these tours? Can I wear jeans?:)

Archived