Majesty Of The Seas Question

Majesty most certainly follow in the way of Sovereign and Monarch at some point - a point which will likely be sooner than later. (Majesty was launched only a year after Monarch). I tend to agree with the early 2015 speculations.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

What would they replace her with... Enchantment, Explorer..etc?? Id think these ships are too big for the 3 and 4 day cruises. Now, maybe the Rhapsody could do it and add a Radiance class ship to Alaska itin.. mmm now that seems doable... but no other ship. I hope they keep her there. I like doing that shorty every now and then.

What would they replace her with... Enchantment, Explorer..etc?? Id think these ships are too big for the 3 and 4 day cruises.

Well, Enchantment of the Seas is already doing 3-/4-night cruises out of Port Canaveral (having replaced Monarch of the Seas).

And it's not too much of a stretch to imagine Explorer of the Seas replacing Majesty of the Seas when you consider that Liberty of the Seas does 5-night cruises. I certainly wouldn't mind a Voyager-class ship doing these trips, but that's just because I love the Royal Promenade and a quick 3-night getaway is all I can get sometimes.

What would they replace her with... Enchantment, Explorer..etc?? Id think these ships are too big for the 3 and 4 day cruises. Now, maybe the Rhapsody could do it and add a Radiance class ship to Alaska itin.. mmm now that seems doable... but no other ship. I hope they keep her there. I like doing that shorty every now and then.

My current guess: Enchantment replaces Majesty (better for Key West) and Explorer replaces Enchantment.

What would they replace her with... Enchantment, Explorer..etc?? Id think these ships are too big for the 3 and 4 day cruises.

My source tells me the current plan is for Explorer to replace Majesty. It seems extreme, but my source has a 100% credibility rate with me so far. ;)

Besides, RCI has yet to tell anyone why they "tested" the Key West channel and turning basin with the Mariner of the Seas.

My source tells me the current plan is for Explorer to replace Majesty. It seems extreme, but my source has a 100% credibility rate with me so far. ;)

Besides, RCI has yet to tell anyone why they "tested" the Key West channel and turning basin with the Mariner of the Seas.

Hi Paul. They may not have told anyone the reason yet, but I'm sure they did that "test" for a specific reason...... Like having a Voyager Class ship making port stops there on a regular basis......:cool:

• 5 months later...

Majesty's 3 and 4 day cruises compete most directly with Carnival and NCL's 3 and 4 day cruises. These runs are huge moneymakers for all the lines, and I would expect to see something similar to the ships used by the other lines or slightly larger (larger ships have lower operating cost per person).

Does anyone know when RCCL is moving Majesty out of the fleet? My wife and I are planning some of our next cruises and want to be sure to make it on before it is moved.

Thank you in advance!!!

Royal is coming out with 3 new ships -- 2 in the new Quantum class and another in the Oasis class. Moving Majesty out of the fleet, probably won't happen until those 3 ships are cruising....that timetable could be early 2016.