Potentially Changing # of Passengers in Cabin

Quick question here. We're in the process of planning a cruise on Independence for 12/2014. At this point, we are planning on just my wife and I going, however, down the road there is a possibilty that we might bring my daughter.

I know that if we add her later and the prices have gone up, we will pay the updated prices for all 3 passengers. My question is, should we go ahead and book her, or does the price adjustment happen either way. For example, should she not be able to go and we drop her from the reservation, will the rates for the first 2 passengers stay the same still, or will they be updated like they would be for adding a third passenger?

We will be in JS regardless, so we would not have to change categories either way.

I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't, hopefully I can clarify.

Thank you!

The rates for the first two will remain the same if the third is dropped before final payment. If you wait too long to add a third you could find that the ship has reached lifeboat capacity so even if your cabin sleeps three you might not be able to add a third later on.

Book your daughter on the possibility she is going so your able to add her to your room, they cut that off quickly. If she can't go then you can call in and remove her. Your price will remain the same except you won't have her as a 3rd Passenger in your booking. If you add her, your rates won't change the only addition would be your daughters booking under the 3rd passenger rate for your cabin plus Govt fees & taxes.

Quick question here. We're in the process of planning a cruise on Independence for 12/2014. At this point, we are planning on just my wife and I going, however, down the road there is a possibilty that we might bring my daughter.

I know that if we add her later and the prices have gone up, we will pay the updated prices for all 3 passengers. My question is, should we go ahead and book her, or does the price adjustment happen either way. For example, should she not be able to go and we drop her from the reservation, will the rates for the first 2 passengers stay the same still, or will they be updated like they would be for adding a third passenger?

We will be in JS regardless, so we would not have to change categories either way.

I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't, hopefully I can clarify.

Thank you!

We had the same thing for a cruise next year on voyager our daughter decided to join us so when I went to add the extra person we had to change cabins not categories which is a JS as not all JS suites cater for 3 people all up the extra cost was approx. $800 for 14 night cruise so I would check your current cabin accommodates 3 might be different to voyager

I am in a similar situation. I booked a cabin that can accommodate three. My final payment isn't due until Feb 24 as cruise is May 2014. My son might want to come but not sure yet. The RCI rep said I can add him any time without a penalty prior to Feb 24th..he'd just be charged the standard 3rd person fare. If I do this after the 24th, I'd be penalized. Was I advised correctly, and do I run the risk of him being turned away? Even though room can accommodate him? I would be sure to do this prior to final payment date.

do I run the risk of him being turned away? Even though room can accommodate him? I would be sure to do this prior to final payment date.

yes you do run that risk. it is not the room occupancy levels that is the issue.. it is the occupancy level of the lifeboat that cabin is assigned to.

say a lifeboat has the capacity to hold 50 pax( no idea what the real number is) and covers 20 cabins. with the average cabin holding 2, that means the lifeboat can only hold another 10 pax scattered amongst those 20.

Does your JS have a third person capacity already? Agree with the above. Change your booking now or it might be too late..not many JS's can accommodate a 3rd pax. and those that do usually book up fast.

Archived