Celebrity Reflection cabin 6305

Stoffel1982

Hi,

First of all, what a great board with tons of information!

I want to book cabin 6305 on the Contintal deck and i just wanted to know of this partially obstructed view is still ok? The balcony seems pretty large...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've been in 6301 on Equinox, which is next door (going forward) from your cabin on Reflection.

The only 'obstruction' you will have is looking down from the balcony, as you are directly above and dark blue roof of the speciality restaurant.

We loved it here, looking our from the balcony there is no obstruction whatsoever, and you don't get any noise from below as the restaurant opening times are usually when you are out of the cabin anyway.

Enjoy!

p.s. be prepared for a loooooooong walk from the lift/stairs mid ships,lol

Hi,

First of all, what a great board with tons of information!

I want to book cabin 6305 on the Contintal deck and i just wanted to know of this partially obstructed view is still ok? The balcony seems pretty large...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I stayed in the S1 on the Equinox - same deck and location but on port side. The balcony was a good size and you could see both the back and the side of the ship. I tried to download a picture of the balcony but I am getting error messages. The only downside to the cabin on the Equinox was the stupid pole in the middle of the room right beside the bed - hard to ignore when getting out of bed in the mornings. Not sure if the Reflection solved that issue. The room had loads of storage space - three good sized cupboards

Don't want to rain on your parade, but 6305 on Reflection is a different grade to 6305 on Equinox (which is a corner suite)

As I said, the only obstruction you have is an extension at floor level of the roof of Tuscan Grille (as it was on Equinox)

I'm sure I've got some photos somewhere - I'll look later and hopefully get them on here for you

Lou

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the foto. Those last 8 2C cabins on both sides of the S-class ships have large verandas without lifeboats below. We have been in a Sky Suite on Deck 6 and the restaurant roof below didn't bother us and the walk was equally long as those 2Cs. Will have to consider booking one on a future cruise- with the Capt Club one category upgrade they can be had at the price of a 2D!

We have had that cabin. I think its a great value for the price. Yes, occasionally workers do walk over that area outside your balcony. I suggest closing the drapes if you are changing clothes, etc. Dress in the bathroom otherwise... But its a great cabin and with the roof overhang you can sit outside even in a full rain shower.

I have just booked this cabin and would love to see a balcony picture and hear any additional information. Thanks!

Excuse the cap (!), but this is a photo of the balcony aspect. To be honest the obstruction didn't bother me. I really like this cabin location as it has a solid bulkhead to one side and is very private and quiet. One other thing on both Silhouette and Reflection because of an extra cabin on each side it doesn't have the arrangement of the neighbouring cabin door being right next to yours so if your neighbour is prone to slamming then it's not so bad.

image.jpg1_zpsesm6jigb.jpg

Phil

We have had that cabin. I think its a great value for the price. Yes, occasionally workers do walk over that area outside your balcony.

AGREE on cabin value - get balcony almost +2ft deeper. We have heard some occasional noise from restaurant below. We've booked neighboring cabin for this Dec. HAPPY CRUISING

• 1 year later...
AGREE on cabin value - get balcony almost +2ft deeper. We have heard some occasional noise from restaurant below. We've booked neighboring cabin for this Dec. HAPPY CRUISING

Is it deep enough to accommodate lounge chairs? If so, what are the chances of getting two for the balcony? Kim

Yes it is, but you won't be able to get them.

This is our first experience on Celebrity. May I ask if this is a policy, fleet wide? I am willing to pay....does this change your answer?

Would someone stop me from carrying one down? (Joking, kind of....last resort kind of thing!)

Kim

This is our first experience on Celebrity. May I ask if this is a policy, fleet wide? I am willing to pay....does this change your answer?

Would someone stop me from carrying one down? (Joking, kind of....last resort kind of thing!)

Kim

Ask cabin steward if can do - hint at tip if necessary to get it done, but it may be strict policy issue. Good Luck

Kim

As far as I'm aware it's policy fleet wide. H & S because of balcony crowding so I understand. I've just spent 27 days on Reflection in 6304. No go for a lounger. I can understand why. Regardless of safety issues it would be a pain for cabin stewards in ordinary cabins to move loungers on and off balconies and Celebrity do differentiate between cabin classes by offering footstools for Aqua and Concierge cabins. A blow up foot stool works well for those cabins that don't have one (Amazon have them).

I'm having trouble visualizing that blue roof - is it across the very aft, or does it extend around the sides? Are those cabins in the picture aft or side?

That was a side cabin. 6304 on Silhouette.

Edited by excitedofharpenden

That was a side cabin. 6304 on Silhouette.

I'm on 7354, the angled balcony next to the last one on the side on Silhouette. So if I look straight down I'll also see the blue roof, although one deck higher?

Looking at that picture again, I'm still confused...our cabin has the angled balcony, but there should still be one further back that has the straight balcony...but that picture makes it look like the very last balcony is the angled one.

Edited by warmwinds

I'm on 7354, the angled balcony next to the last one on the side on Silhouette. So if I look straight down I'll also see the blue roof, although one deck higher?

Looking at that picture again, I'm still confused...our cabin has the angled balcony, but there should still be one further back that has the straight balcony...but that picture makes it look like the very last balcony is the angled one.

The published deck plan isn't drawn correctly. 7354 is in fact not angled so you'll look down on a small part of the extended balconies below and the blue roof. Easier to show a photo of Silhouette:

IMG_2380_zps8qn3iwlr.jpg

Edited by excitedofharpenden

The published deck plan isn't drawn correctly. 7354 is in fact not angled so you'll look down on a small part of the extended balconies below and the blue roof. Easier to show a photo of Silhouette:

IMG_2380_zps8qn3iwlr.jpg

Yes that is the picture I was looking at from a few posts above.

So 7354, looking at that picture, is the one on the right, in the middle row of the 3 shown? That is not what I was expecting at all. I also looked on the S sticky and several people mentioned those cabins being angled, and being able to see all the way to the front. The deck plan sure portrays it that way.

I just got off the Reflection on Saturday and we had cabin 6305. I loved the larger balcony and never saw anyone walking around outside the balcony. The balcony is bigger and the blue roof of the restaurant below wasn't an problem to us. My daughter had an obstructed cabin (6196) with a life boat and it was a distraction to me. I much preferred just seeing the blue roof instead of seeing the life boat. Beware that you will be doing a ton of walking to get to 6305, which I didn't mind but my boyfriend wished that I'd gotten a cabin closer to the elevators. I figured that I would walk off all of the food and drinks that we consumed! I have a few pictures of the balcony if you'd like me to email or text them to you.

For an obstructed balcony, this is a great room.

I'm having trouble visualizing that blue roof - is it across the very aft, or does it extend around the sides? Are those cabins in the picture aft or side?

Here is a larger pic. The cabins are on the side.

26079q8.jpg

For anyone looking for photos of different cabins, try this thread. It's long been closed and a pain to find stuff but pretty much anything you can look for is inside.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328