Barista's paper cups???

alanbab

We shall be taking our first cuirse with O on Riviera at the end of August. Is the coffee from Barista's served in paper cups? I notice on the promotional photos that there are 'proper cups' on the counter. Sorry we do so dislike paper cups! We are however looking forward to our first cruise with O having been big Celebrity fans for many years. I have a feeling that our loyalties are about to change!!!:)

Thanks for the reply. Is there Baristas or similar on Nautica?

Not yet but I believe Mr De Rio stated in another post that they were trying to fit one in on the R ships. I may be wrong about this. I love Baristas. Great place to sit when entering the ports.

Could Baristas be added at the bar area in Horizons on R ships?

I know (and have used) the small coffee area off to the side early in AM but have rarely seen many people in there other than to grab a cup and perhaps wander over to the front windows.

Could Baristas be added at the bar area in Horizons on R ships?

I know (and have used) the small coffee area off to the side early in AM but have rarely seen many people in there other than to grab a cup and perhaps wander over to the front windows.

Hopefully it will not be added to Horizons unless they eliminate smoking there.

I's not a pleasant venue for non-smokers! :o

Hopefully it will not be added to Horizons unless they eliminate smoking there.

I's not a pleasant venue for non-smokers! :o

I thought I read some where that Barista's might be located at the Grand Bar area right outside the GDR

It would be nice if they could somehow enclose the smoking area on the R-ships in Horizons if they do not want to get rid of it

I was thinking or dreaming that on our first O cruise that there was a glass partition on the short wall separating the smoking area

Maybe it was wishful thinking :confused:

Dear ALL:

At dry-dock, Barista's will be added in what is today, the under utilized Grand Bar. The area will multi-task, Barista's until 6:00 pm, the Grand Bar afterwards.

The smoking area in Horizons will be totally enclosed and a state of the art air filtration system installed.

FDR

Dear ALL:

At dry-dock, Barista's will be added in what is today, the under utilized Grand Bar. The area will multi-task, Barista's until 6:00 pm, the Grand Bar afterwards.

The smoking area in Horizons will be totally enclosed and a state of the art air filtration system installed.

FDR

Thank you for the clarification.

Dear ALL:

FDR

What a wonderful idea. Thanks for all your replies to all of our questions.

Dear ALL:

FDR

THANK YOU

Now I need to find a cruise on the R-ships :D

(after the changes of course)

Lyn

Dear ALL:

FDR

Thank you for super planning. We look forward to the positive changes.

On our recent Marina cruise, we brought along travel mugs so we could take our lattes to our cabins or anywhere else on the ship. Much more convenient than the paper cups, and the mug will hold at least twice as much of your favorite drink. Keeps it hotter, too. Since they were inexpensive, we just left them in our cabin at the end of the cruise.

On our recent Marina cruise, we brought along travel mugs so we could take our lattes to our cabins or anywhere else on the ship. Much more convenient than the paper cups, and the mug will hold at least twice as much of your favorite drink. Keeps it hotter, too. Since they were inexpensive, we just left them in our cabin at the end of the cruise.

Not to mention that the paper cups are too hot to carry. Last time we had to "double up" on the cups as they did not have those hot cup hand protectors.

Maybe things have changed since then.

Not to mention that the paper cups are too hot to carry. Last time we had to "double up" on the cups as they did not have those hot cup hand protectors.

Maybe things have changed since then.

I thought they now have proper cups in Barristas :confused:

I thought they now have proper cups in Barristas :confused:

They do. They got them on Marina in the middle of our cruise that went to Iceland June 2012. One day the cups ere paper, next day they had china cups. Very nice. I hate paper cups!

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived