Regatta Cabin 6090 Aft

DOJO466

Booked Cabin 6090 aft for our Alaska cruise next June on Regatta. We have been midship on Regatta both in B's, A' and PH but never an aft. Noise? Excess motion? Balcony size. Thanks Deb

Booked Cabin 6090 aft for our Alaska cruise next June on Regatta. We have been midship on Regatta both in B's, A' and PH but never an aft. Noise? Excess motion? Balcony size. Thanks Deb

Was finally able to access the search for some reason I could not type. I got the gist of the balcony but if anyone has recently been please feel free to post your comments. Deb

We always cruise in an aft cabin, they're the BEST but please keep this between us!:)

We have been reticent to book aft on the R ships due to the solid steel wall/railing on stern balconies.

When sitting, can you actually see the wake?

Donna

If you are reasonably tall, you can see the wake over the balcony while sitting. We actually love this cabin and have been in it or the one next door ,6093, on all three ships. There is some more movement and you will find some soot on the floor, but we love leaning back and putting our feet up on the little table. These cabins and the four others between deck 7 and 8 are the only balcony cabins deep enough to do this. If you just want the balcony to sit upright and look out, the ones on the sides are easier as they are not solid metal.

If you are reasonably tall, you can see the wake over the balcony while sitting. We actually love this cabin and have been in it or the one next door ,6093, on all three ships. There is some more movement and you will find some soot on the floor, but we love leaning back and putting our feet up on the little table. These cabins and the four others between deck 7 and 8 are the only balcony cabins deep enough to do this. If you just want the balcony to sit upright and look out, the ones on the sides are easier as they are not solid metal.

Is it large enough to request a lounger (or 2)? If I can't see the over the balcony why not just lounge in a nice lounger:)..can always stand up to look at what I am hoping to be most wonderful sights in Alaska. We have never been there.

Is it large enough to request a lounger (or 2)? If I can't see the over the balcony why not just lounge in a nice lounger:)..can always stand up to look at what I am hoping to be most wonderful sights in Alaska. We have never been there.

Hope you can get a lounger and enjoy the view standing as we do.

Edited by orchestrapal

We enjoyed the aft balcony on all three of our R ship cruises , including 6090. Our last cruise was 35 days CapeTown to Hong Kong. What a difference the larger verandah made. Lots of well attended parties. Plus makes the stateroom feel so much visually larger. We did not have any excessive noise/vibration and the solid railing did not bother us. Go for it!

You could probably put in the loungers, although it would be a little tight, as the balconies are deeper, not wider than the others. We like the chairs, as you can recline the backs some and still see over the solid balcony. I wouldn't lie flat as I would feel like I was in am empty bathtub.

We had cabin 6065 this past June and the noise was excessive, coming from the boiler casing. They were not able to do anything about it and this is the first time, out of four cruises on Oceania, that we totally dissatisfied. Consider changing your location if you are too close to 6065.

We had cabin 6065 this past June and the noise was excessive, coming from the boiler casing. They were not able to do anything about it and this is the first time, out of four cruises on Oceania, that we totally dissatisfied. Consider changing your location if you are too close to 6065.

I am 14 cabins away at the very aft...I wouldn't think it would carry that far:confused:

I am 14 cabins away at the very aft...I wouldn't think it would carry that far:confused:

We have been in 6084 & some vibration when they are running full out otherwise there were no problems ;)

Same as 7115 on another R-ship

We were in 6090 on our Alaska cruise 2 years ago. We hated it so much we booked it for Lisbon to NYC a year later.

Hi Lou

That's great to hear. I bet the views were wonderful. As you know we cancelled the 2014 NYC-LON and booked this instead. I am sure I will love the cabin and the extra balcony space:)

Hi Lou

That's great to hear. I bet the views were wonderful. As you know we cancelled the 2014 NYC-LON and booked this instead. I am sure I will love the cabin and the extra balcony space:)

Deb,

Have a great cruise. The cabin is very nice.

Paul

• 2 years later...

We had cabin 6065 on our recent cruise to Alaska. I have to say, they haven't fixed the noise problem. It was really obvious, the minute you stood outside our cabin door, kind of a rumbling, vibrating noise. Inside the cabin, we would have to keep our closet doors open, so the vibrating noise wouldn't keep us awake. Both my husband and I are not light sleepers, so it didn't bother us too much.

I would recommend a different cabin on the Regatta. Had I seen this post before we booked, I wouldn't have chosen cabin 6065. Even with that, we had a great cruise aboard the Regatta!

We had cabin 6065 on our recent cruise to Alaska. I have to say, they haven't fixed the noise problem. It was really obvious, the minute you stood outside our cabin door, kind of a rumbling, vibrating noise. Inside the cabin, we would have to keep our closet doors open, so the vibrating noise wouldn't keep us awake. Both my husband and I are not light sleepers, so it didn't bother us too much.

I would recommend a different cabin on the Regatta. Had I seen this post before we booked, I wouldn't have chosen cabin 6065. Even with that, we had a great cruise aboard the Regatta!

We talking about a totally different cabin. 6090 is Great! Where did 6050 come into this discussion?