Johnny Rocket's Breakfast

Good question because we did enjoy going to JR for breakfast sometimes on Oasis. JR stayed open later than the MDR did for breakfast and we always enjoy sitting down, ordering, and being served.

One morning I just wanted yogurt so went to the buffet. :eek: The buffet was a cross between a Chinese Fire Drill and a Zoo!

Hopefully, someone will know and reply.

LuLu

~~~~

No, Johnny Rocket's currently only serves breakfast on Oasis or Allure.

Just curious as to what they serve for breakfast that would be any different then what is served in the Windjammer? Hopefully not their famous well done burgers and greasy onion rings........lol.

This will be my 3rd cruise and the first RCI. I will be on the Allure. I am wondering if the optional eating place are no charge? Café Promenade, Sorrento's, Park Café, Solarium Bistro, Dog House, and Vitality Café???If you have eaten at any of these I'd appreciate any opinions and feedback.

Just curious as to what they serve for breakfast that would be any different then what is served in the Windjammer?

The big difference is you are seated at a table and a waiter takes your order and serves you! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Just curious as to what they serve for breakfast that would be any different then what is served in the Windjammer? Hopefully not their famous well done burgers and greasy onion rings........lol.

Going to JR for breakfast is like going to an east coast diner.

You can get eggs to order and many other breakfast items. It has been since 2010 that I have been on the Oasis.

And you sit down and they take your order...........we enjoyed it - but we did go early - 8ish and didn't have to wait.

g

Going to JR for breakfast is like going to an east coast diner.

You can get eggs to order and many other breakfast items. It has been since 2010 that I have been on the Oasis.

And you sit down and they take your order...........we enjoyed it - but we did go early - 8ish and didn't have to wait.

g

Got it, thanks.

I found Johnny Rockets to be quieter than the buffet and MDR. We ate breakfast there the morning we were in St. Martin. It was nice to sit and look off the back of the ship and see the island. Also, they cook your eggs to order. There's nothing really healthy on the menu, but it is tasty. I went to the buffet, grabbed some fruit, and took it with me to Johnny Rockets.

This will be my 3rd cruise and the first RCI. I will be on the Allure. I am wondering if the optional eating place are no charge? Café Promenade, Sorrento's, Park Café, Solarium Bistro, Dog House, and Vitality Café???If you have eaten at any of these I'd appreciate any opinions and feedback.

Park Café is where the roast beef sandwiches many rave about are served. There are also a variety of other things. The lay out is like a cafeteria. Normally, quite busy on embarkation day but worth trying another day for lunch. They also have breakfast but we didn't try that.

LuLu

~~~~

On the subject of Oasis class breakfast and the Park Cafe, my favorite thing to eat for breakfast was the egg McMuffin-style sandwich at the Park Cafe, served at breakfast only. Delicious, 100x better than the McDonald's version needless to say. I thought Park Cafe had a nice variety of options for breakfast and that was closest to our cabin so we went there several times. The Solarium Cafe was really uncrowded for breakfast, even on sea days. I think people do not know it is there or they don't venture up to the pool deck until after breakfast.

The difference on Oasis and Allure is that Windjammer does not serve eggs made to order like Windjammer on other ships. So JR's is one of the options (MDR, Wipeout, and CL if you have access) to get made to order eggs on Oasis and Allure.

Also Vitality Cafe and Concierge Lounge if you have access.

LOL:) I always seem to forget about the Vitality Cafe. My daughter and I went on Oasis a couple weeks ago. One of our missions was to eat at all the restaurants and snack bars. We thought we had accomplished it, but on the way home we remembered we hadn't gone to the Vitality Cafe. Guess it's too healthy for me;)

Not sure about Vitality Cafe but all the rest are no charge.

Not sure about Vitality Cafe but all the rest are no charge.

Vitality Cafe is a mixture of free and extra cost items. Items like the wraps are free, but the smoothies are extra.

Omelets, fresh eggs and I believe pancakes. We went once and the rest of the time we ate breakfast in the Park Café and the Solarium Café. Never set foot in the Windjammer for any meals, as we utilized the MDR, Park Café and the Solarium Café and as previously mentioned JR.

The Solarium is my very favorite! Delicious muesli with added fruit and nuts. Mmmm.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is free (or called the Bistro) in the evening. You'd want to enjoy it for breakfast or lunch.

Happy sails.

Kathy

The Solarium is my very favorite! Delicious muesli with added fruit and nuts. Mmmm.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is free (or called the Bistro) in the evening. You'd want to enjoy it for breakfast or lunch.

Happy sails.

Kathy

You are correct. On Oasis, the Solarium Cafe turns into the Solarium Bistro in the evening. On Allure, it turns into Samba Grill. Both of these evening venues are extra cost.

Archived