Food, Food, and More Food

christinelee

Nobody Hungry? Please don't let this thread swim away. Make your comments heard, and seen.

Happy Sailing!

I am so hungry I could cry. Wife and I have just had dental surgery and on liquid diets only. I have lost 20 pounds...her 10 pounds.

We leave in 29 days for our Hawaii cruise out of SF. I told my wife...by the time I get on the ship and can eat, I won't pass up anything edible.

Can hardly wait!

I am so hungry I could cry. Wife and I have just had dental surgery and on liquid diets only. I have lost 20 pounds...her 10 pounds.

We leave in 29 days for our Hawaii cruise out of SF. I told my wife...by the time I get on the ship and can eat, I won't pass up anything edible.

Can hardly wait!

Please come back and tell us how the Hawaiian trip was for you.

We have a great big group leaving in January.

Hope you can stay out of the fridge until sailing....lol!

Happy Cruising!

I have been trying to decide if our winter trip would be on Royal Princess or to try Celebrity for something different. I just spent such an enjoyable hour reading all the new menus, I think we have a winner! Thank you so very much for all of the hard work in getting these all completed, it really was great fun looking over all the options! Next step is just to arrange work schedules and start figuring out flights, timing and research Royal.....oh let the planning begin Thank you again!

I have been trying to decide if our winter trip would be on Royal Princess or to try Celebrity for something different. I just spent such an enjoyable hour reading all the new menus, I think we have a winner! Thank you so very much for all of the hard work in getting these all completed, it really was great fun looking over all the options! Next step is just to arrange work schedules and start figuring out flights, timing and research Royal.....oh let the planning begin Thank you again!

Wow!

Thanks for your kind words. The planning is almost as fun as the cruise itself (almost).

Happy Sailing!

Available on the Royal, Grand & Star As A Trial

Crab Shack

Appetizer

Popcorn Shrimp & Hush Puppies in the Basket

Your Choice of Dipping Sauce: Bayou Style or Tartar

Soup

Manhattan Clam Chowder

Bacon, Tomato and Potatoes

Please Choose Your Entrée

Bayou-Style “Mud Bug” Boil

Crawfish and corn on the Cob with Baby Onions

Potatoes and Spicy Andouille Sausage

Or

Old Bay Spiced Peel & Eat Shrimp

Steaming Hot with Corn on the Cob, Red Skin Potatoes

Lemon and Drawn Butter

Or

The Royal’s Mixed Steamer

Snow Crab Cluster, Jumbo Shrimp, Clams, Mussels and Kielbasa Sausage

Corn on the Cob and New Potatoes

Or

Clam and Mussel Pot

Shallots, White Wine and Serrano Chili

with Garlic Baguette

Dessert

Selection of gateaux and tarts from out Pastry Shop

Served with Coffee or Tea

$20 per Person

Claw Cracking – Lip Smacking – Pots of Fun

I would love to see the fondue menu from the Royal. Thanks, I have loved this thread.

4 U katisdale

Happy Sailing!

Fondues

Starters

Charcuterie Platter

Lean air-dried Swiss beef, black forest ham and speck served with

Petite cornichons, pearl onions and crusty bread

German Potato Pancake with Cured Salmon

Served with horseradish cream dill & chives; a staple feature

to many German, Austrian and Swiss restaurants

Chopped Salad

Romaine and Iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, garbanzo beans

And red onion tossed with honey mustard vinaigrette

Entrees

Swiss Cheese Fondue

Gruyere and emmencal cheese, white wine and kirachwasser with crusty bread to

dunk in. When the fondue is almost finished a brown crust will form on the bottom

Of the pot. Do not let it burn; loosen the crust and give it to the honored guest.

Champagne Cheese Fondue

This special champagne fondue has wonderful flavors of Swiss cheese and

Honey. It clings to tart apple slices and baguette dippers.

Bavarian Cheddar Cheese & Beer Fondue

Sharp cedar cheese and pilsner beer with bratwurst and rye bread morsels.

Desserts

Chocolate Fondue

The chocolate and cream mixture makes it superb served with choux puffs

marshmallows, strawberries and pineapple.

Viennese Apple Strudel

Delicate layers of filo dough filled with a sweet or tart apple mixture

raisins and nuts, served with vanilla sauce and whipping cream.

Basler Lackerli

The lackerli is a traditional hard spice biscuit originating from Basel, Switzerland.

It’s made of honey, hazelnuts, candied orange& lemon peel and Kirschwasser.

$20 Cover Charge Per Person

Guten Appetit – En Gutte – Bon Appetit – Buon Appetito

Edited by christinelee

Happy Birthday To Me!

94 days to go until San Fran Bound.

Hard to believe the SS Check comes for the first time next month. Still don't feel that old. Love to you all that came here and commented, and even to you that didn't.

Happy Cruising!

Happy Birthday. I hope its a great one. My BD is Friday and we leave on short cruise on Monday.

Have a wonderful day.

Happy Birthday. I hope its a great one. My BD is Friday and we leave on short cruise on Monday.

Have a wonderful day.

Well right back at you!

Hope your cruise and your birthday are great days that turn into years!

As my grandmother always said....."I wish you enough".

Happy Sailing!

Sally (Orangefan) where are you? Did you get to go on your fall cruise? Lost you somewhere in the shuffle.

Happy Cruising!

Hi Christine ! I am still around and try to follow your very active thread. Just think 22,000 + views. Christine, you have done a marvelous job of organizing and presenting all your research. We all love to read about food. I do like those early Nov. Carib cruises but this year I will be visiting the Panama Canal.It is an 11 day cruise Dec. 6 on the Coral. While I enjoy the larger Princess ships, I look forward to experiencing the Coral. I have looked at some live reports from the Coral. The ship has some different features I am looking forward to exploring. Will your cruise to Hawaii in Jan be your first time visiting Hawaii ?My Coral roll call is a quiet one.

Sali

Hi Christine ! I am still around and try to follow your very active thread. Just think 22,000 + views. Christine, you have done a marvelous job of organizing and presenting all your research. We all love to read about food. I do like those early Nov. Carib cruises but this year I will be visiting the Panama Canal.It is an 11 day cruise Dec. 6 on the Coral. While I enjoy the larger Princess ships, I look forward to experiencing the Coral. I have looked at some live reports from the Coral. The ship has some different features I am looking forward to exploring. Will your cruise to Hawaii in Jan be your first time visiting Hawaii ?My Coral roll call is a quiet one.

Sali

Glad to see you are still "feeling the wind in your face". This will be the first cruise to Hawaii, but have been there before on land.

We were scheduled to go on a Panama cruise in '09 ( on the Coral) when Terry had "sudden cardiac death". I guess it was not meant to be. Still waiting for that call to pick you up in "The Windy City".

Glad you are still here and..

Happy Sailing!