RCCL knows who we are

Calker

If RC needs someone to monitor these boards, and match up the screen names with the smugglers, I will volunteer for the job, and they can pay me! I am sure they have much better things to do with their time, and money! :eek:

I don't break the rules, and smuggle alcohol on. We are Diamond+, and the nightly Diamond event is enough alcohol for us to have. If I want a drink or 2 while on the cruise, I will pay for it.

OK -- I just had to laugh when I read this! :D RC keeping records of our screen names and cross-referencing them to our individual bookings and boarding manifests, etc? Really? This isn't the NSA we're talking about here, People! :eek: It's the RCCL corporate IT department -- who can barely manage to keep websites and reservations up and running! ;)

. :cool:

:D:D Exactly!

OK -- I just had to laugh when I read this! :D RC keeping records of our screen names and cross-referencing them to our individual bookings and boarding manifests, etc? Really? This isn't the NSA we're talking about here, People! :eek: It's the RCCL corporate IT department -- who can barely manage to keep websites and reservations up and running! ;)

LOL, that's because they're all busy scrubbing these board to match us up.:D

It is not spying when you make posts on a publicly available site and it is within your control to sign up for M&M knowing you have to self-identify.

I agree!

And have you seen the posts where people discuss EVERYTHING personal!!! :rolleyes:. It is not called spying...some idiots will post TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!!

I don't think RCI has the time to match up screen names and real names they find on a Meet and Mingle page with screen names on different..... .

I largely agree and the following is pure speculation, Some people are so blatent and even arrogant about it, I wouldn't be surprised if they did so just to make an example knowing the person will post about being caught as well. It may even not be any policy.

The things some people do post might make it worthwhile to make the attempt.

It would take a lot of effort for them to match meet and mingle registration with screen names with posts about smuggling alcohol aboard. I doubt they have the time, or want to spend the time doing that

They have one part-time retired guy who only does that. I think it's Adam's uncle.

And, for anyone who really doesn't want them to have your screen name, don't register for the M&M -- a party which the cruise ship throws for us, BTW. :cool:

Not to make a fine point because I do agree that their IT department is suspect, IT people don't give a rats patoot about what you bring on board, its their marketing or security folks who would use the IT resources to do this "espionage".

Now if the upgrade fairy wants to read my numerous posts about her not existing and prove me wrong go for it! But on the other hand, maybe she did, on my last Allure cruise my arch rival in the roll call group got my upgrade to the Loft Suite. (Those are cool) We were both signed up for the meet and mingle.

LOL! Leave it up to good old Cruise Critic to have a thread that pushes paranoia about anything that has to with everything! :rolleyes:

The question is who doesn't know some piece of personal information about you in this day and time. Everytime you open an account (Banking, credit card, cable, sattelite, telephone, etc) and do not sign to opt out of "Affililiate Sharing", do you know how many Affliates of that particular company now has your "Personal" information???? How do you think you get all of that junk mail at home for all the various offers for credit cards, etc!??

Archived