Crown and Anchor Tiers

How did Diamonds in December accelerate the attainment of D points and create more members, you had to be D to participate in the first place:confused:

Maybe it accelerated people to D+ but you're right, you had to be Diamond already. We did D in D once and the strange thing was the Diamond cocktail 'event' was sparsely attended but the Concierge Lounge required an overflow. Could there possibly have been more D+ and P's than just D's?

I have been cruising on RCI for 13 years and I still don't have 80 points. I JUST got to Emerald after my last cruise. I wouldn't say it's "easy" to attain for most cruisers. Maybe for some on CC, but I don't think that is representative of a large population.

I'll add, they did make it harder to get to Diamond. Under the "old" system, I would be Diamond in 2 cruises (1 after my booked cruise in 1/14). Now, I need 4 more cruises to get there--unless I stay in a suite or do a long TA).

I can relate to this. I cruise exclusively with Royal (since 2007) and just hit Emerald. According to my tentative plans I should reach Diamond early 2015. If that "80" moves up to 100 or higher before I get there, I no doubt will be disappointed. Especially if current diamond members only had to achieve 80. Somehow doesn't seem fair.

Although I don't dispute that fact that the "diamond population" will likely become saturated, if it isn't already. I don't know if it is, because I've never been in the Diamond Lounge ;)

Going on Celebrity will not help your status on Royal Caribbean. I am diamond plus on Royal and I am Elite on Celebrity. But your trips on Celebrity do not count as points on RC.

Yes you can reach diamond faster by staying in suites.

You can elevate your status by going on Celebrity Cruises and by booking suites and longer cruises.

Going on Celebrity will not help your status on Royal Caribbean. I am diamond plus on Royal and I am Elite on Celebrity. But your trips on Celebrity do not count as points on RC.

Yes you can reach diamond faster by staying in suites.

I disagree as it will help your status if you are gold or Platinum and reach Elite on "X" you will then become Diamond on RCI.

Celebrity or Azamara cruises are not combinable with RCCL to “elevate” any status.

Now, if you are comparing RCCL Diamond (mid status) to Celebrity Elite (Highest status), a RCCL Diamond or above passenger is considered the highest category, Celebrity Elite. Celebrity Elite passengers on the other hand, regardless if they have 10 or 100 cruises, are only are considered RCCL Diamond.

There is lot of chatter on the Celebrity boards about changes to their system. Currently they only have two tiers. One at 5 credits, Select (One credit for a cruise, an additional for various cabin categories and an additional for a longer cruise.) You can actually reach Select status in 2 cruises if both are in the extra point cabins ( not necessarily a suite) and a longer cruise . Elite is 10 credits, and with the same scheduling can be reached in 4 cruises.

Once you hit Elite at 10 credits, that is it. Honestly one can reach 10 credits in just 4 cruises and be at the same level those who have 50-100 cruises. They need additional categories or additional perks for higher level cruisers.

M

I disagree as it will help your status if you are gold or Platinum and reach Elite on "X" you will become Diamond.

Correct me if I'm wrong -

When you sail Celebrity as a Crown & Anchor member, you get the benefits of the equivalent status on Celebrity, but you accumulate your Celebrity status from the bottom. Cruising on Celebrity does not add to your Crown & Anchor points, but you begin to accumulate credits in the Captain's Club.

I got this information from the FAQ section of the Crown & Anchor page:

Q: How do I receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club or Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage?s.gifA: As a benefit of Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. If you are currently a member of each loyalty program, you will automatically receive benefits based on your membership level between each. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum or Emerald member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club and Explorer in Le Club Voyage . If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member; you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's ClubElite member and Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. The benefits of the programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the Cruise Credit or Cruise Point for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain’s Club Select or Le Club Voyage Explorer member, then you will receive Platinum benefits if you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. If you are a Captain’s Club Elite or Discoverer in Le Club Voyage, then you will receive Diamond benefits for the Crown & Anchor Society.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club or Le Club Voyage and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises, respectively, call the Loyalty Service Center at (800) 526-9723 to enroll for equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise vacation to receive all the benefits you deserve.

Disappointing, but you'll get over it, as a matter of fact by your last comment I believe you already have.

Can't quite grasp what you're talking about. Care to let everybody else in on it. Surely with 20,000 posts you're able to get a point across.

Correct me if I'm wrong -

When you sail Celebrity as a Crown & Anchor member, you get the benefits of the equivalent status on Celebrity, but you accumulate your Celebrity status from the bottom. Cruising on Celebrity does not add to your Crown & Anchor points, but you begin to accumulate credits in the Captain's Club.

I got this information from the FAQ section of the Crown & Anchor page:

You are basically correct.

Except……. It is not quite equal.

Top three levels of RCCL (Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle) get top Celebrity status of Elite. While the top level of Celebrity (Elite ) only receive the third from the top (Diamond) RCCL status.

M

How did Diamonds in December accelerate the attainment of D points and create more members, you had to be D to participate in the first place:confused:

Quite simple to understand more Diamond folk can earn extra points and reach Diamond plus status faster.

Too many diamonds? Yes. On some cruises, the Diamond Lounges have become over-crowded due to the number who have reached that status. 80 points doesn't "cheapen" diamond but there are plenty of people who "attain" Diamond because a family member has that status, not because they've cruised often and earned the points. It works like this. A couple cruises enough to attain Diamond, then takes their DS or DD on one cruise. As long as the DS or DD live in the same household, they become Diamond as well after their first cruise and begin their cruising loyalty level at Diamond. I don't think less of them; it's RCI's policy. It has created a large population of Diamond cruisers though. ;)

The above scenario is ridiculous but as you say its policy!

I am a way off Diamond yet but the 'lounge' perk seems to be the one most favoured, but of course I know nothing of how this works.

If the main concern is that the Diamond lounge is overcrowded then wouldn't a simple solution be to allow a Diamond (or above) member to obtain free drinks at other bars for a limited time? say 5-9pm.

Or even half price drinks during normal hours. This would alleviate the need to go to a special lounge. Operated in the way the premium drinks package is - one drink per card per visit to the bar.

Maybe it accelerated people to D+ but you're right, you had to be Diamond already. We did D in D once and the strange thing was the Diamond cocktail 'event' was sparsely attended but the Concierge Lounge required an overflow. Could there possibly have been more D+ and P's than just D's?

Yes. We've been on Jewel a couple of times when the CL and overflow were full (remember they have to accommodate the full suites, too) but the Diamond Event across the hall was nearly empty. So we ordered our drinks in the overflow lounge, took them to the Diamond Event and enjoyed the peace and quiet.:)

Archived