Crown and Anchor Tiers

:mad:I know it's not of great value but....

DH and I are now Platinum Tier with Royal Caribbean and a few months ago we received a letter from Crown and Anchor saying "Congratulations" ...."You have been upgraded to Emerald Tier with all the additional benefits that this brings..."

Great we thought ...every little helps!!

However on checking on line and now, having phoned C&A, :confused:I am told that this was a mistake by the marketing department!!

Looks like we'll have to wait 'til we've cruised some more with RCCI to get to Emerald. Shame on them for getting our hopes up!! I thought it was possibly because we had put a deposit down for another cruise while on board ....but no!

Hey Ho! ....We're on P&O next!

When I called C&A I was informed that I could check on line what the status was .....never mind what the letter said!!

The benefits of going up a tier are really quite small.

At least on P&O we're getting a % discount on all onboard spends!

You'd think it would be good PR to honour this letter wouldn't you?

Left hand not knowing what the right is doing also comes to mind!!

We have never had a letter telling us our status and I can't get on to the member section of the website. I am sure my last cruise tipped me in to Emerald and wanted to claim the extra discount (booked 2 cabins so $50 will get me a few cocktails!) but want to be sure of my facts before I phone.

:mad:I know it's not of great value but....

DH and I are now Platinum Tier with Royal Caribbean and a few months ago we received a letter from Crown and Anchor saying "Congratulations" ...."You have been upgraded to Emerald Tier with all the additional benefits that this brings..."

Great we thought ...every little helps!!

However on checking on line and now, having phoned C&A, :confused:I am told that this was a mistake by the marketing department!!

Looks like we'll have to wait 'til we've cruised some more with RCCI to get to Emerald. Shame on them for getting our hopes up!! I thought it was possibly because we had put a deposit down for another cruise while on board ....but no!

Hey Ho! ....We're on P&O next!

I hope you have a wonderful time on P & O.:rolleyes:

Mmmm!! ......Maybe we will.....maybe we won't!!!:rolleyes:

So far we've found Princess to have been the best, then Royal Caribbean. P&O was better for drinks prices but we found the food in MDR mediochre to say the least. But if we don't go with great expectations ...we may well enjoy it again!!

They have plenty of problems of their own at the moment. Seriously alienating a huge percentage of customers with one scheme or another. They don't even come close to Royal Caribbean in so many ways.

As recent as the revamping of the point system was, I foresee another change in the near future. I believe the Diamond entry point will be about 130. The reason for this is because there are just too many Diamonds, with 80 points a much too attainable number. . With the next level at 175, 80 seems a bit low for Diamond status, cheapening it in my opinion . Of course the other levels would also be moved further apart. Status will be taken from no one, I hope but the system as it is now is too bottom heavy.

Maybe I'm just looking at the system from a different angle than most but time will tell.

As recent as the revamping of the point system was, I foresee another change in the near future. I believe the Diamond entry point will be about 130. The reason for this is because there are just too many Diamonds, with 80 points a much too attainable number. . .

Why do you say there are there too many Diamonds?

With the next level at 175, 80 seems a bit low for Diamond status, cheapening it in my opinion . Of course the other levels would also be moved further apart. Status will be taken from no one, I hope but the system as it is now is too bottom heavy.

Maybe I'm just looking at the system from a different angle than most but time will tell.

Its a bit of an insult to say that getting 80 points is cheapening the Diamond status. Hasn't attaining it been earned just like at any other level?

perhaps there should be extra tiers inserted at the upper levels in much the same way as emerald.

I think RC set its own self up.............I have always thought it was too easy to get to D and D+ When they had the chance to make it more difficult they did not really. And then RC did Diamonds in December...This further accelerated the attainment of D points creating an artificial bloating of members.

I think RC needed more sales to finance all these big beautiful ships and they did what they had to do.

As recent as the revamping of the point system was, I foresee another change in the near future. I believe the Diamond entry point will be about 130. The reason for this is because there are just too many Diamonds, with 80 points a much too attainable number. . With the next level at 175, 80 seems a bit low for Diamond status, cheapening it in my opinion . Of course the other levels would also be moved further apart. Status will be taken from no one, I hope but the system as it is now is too bottom heavy.

platinum, emerald, dia and dia+ are fairly easy to reach. the one that is really difficult is pinnacle................

I think RC set its own self up.............I have always thought it was too easy to get to D and D+ When they had the chance to make it more difficult they did not really. And then RC did Diamonds in December...This further accelerated the attainment of D points creating an artificial bloating of members.

I think RC needed more sales to finance all these big beautiful ships and they did what they had to do.

How did Diamonds in December accelerate the attainment of D points and create more members, you had to be D to participate in the first place:confused:

I have been cruising on RCI for 13 years and I still don't have 80 points. I JUST got to Emerald after my last cruise. I wouldn't say it's "easy" to attain for most cruisers. Maybe for some on CC, but I don't think that is representative of a large population.

I'll add, they did make it harder to get to Diamond. Under the "old" system, I would be Diamond in 2 cruises (1 after my booked cruise in 1/14). Now, I need 4 more cruises to get there--unless I stay in a suite or do a long TA).

Why do you say there are there too many Diamonds?

Its a bit of an insult to say that getting 80 points is cheapening the Diamond status. Hasn't attaining it been earned just like at any other level?

perhaps there should be extra tiers inserted at the upper levels in much the same way as emerald.

Too many diamonds? Yes. On some cruises, the Diamond Lounges have become over-crowded due to the number who have reached that status. 80 points doesn't "cheapen" diamond but there are plenty of people who "attain" Diamond because a family member has that status, not because they've cruised often and earned the points. It works like this. A couple cruises enough to attain Diamond, then takes their DS or DD on one cruise. As long as the DS or DD live in the same household, they become Diamond as well after their first cruise and begin their cruising loyalty level at Diamond. I don't think less of them; it's RCI's policy. It has created a large population of Diamond cruisers though. ;)

Too many diamonds? Yes. On some cruises, the Diamond Lounges have become over-crowded due to the number who have reached that status. 80 points doesn't "cheapen" diamond but there are plenty of people who "attain" Diamond because a family member has that status, not because they've cruised often and earned the points. It works like this. A couple cruises enough to attain Diamond, then takes their DS or DD on one cruise. As long as the DS or DD live in the same household, they become Diamond as well after their first cruise and begin their cruising loyalty level at Diamond. I don't think less of them; it's RCI's policy. It has created a large population of Diamond cruisers though. ;)

I have only just found out about the family level thing when a baby on our last cruise was Diamond Plus and I couldn't work out how!

Our children have always cruised with us but on our last sailing we had a suite whilst they had an inside. This cruise made my husband and I Emerald by one point. My son is 16 so I presume he would be Emerald too now but my daughter is 19 but living in the same household, would she now be classed as a separate adult and only be Platinum?

I have only just found out about the family level thing when a baby on our last cruise was Diamond Plus and I couldn't work out how!

Our children have always cruised with us but on our last sailing we had a suite whilst they had an inside. This cruise made my husband and I Emerald by one point. My son is 16 so I presume he would be Emerald too now but my daughter is 19 but living in the same household, would she now be classed as a separate adult and only be Platinum?

Yes, your son should be at your level now, and your daughter should be at whatever level you were when she turned 18.

Now this I did not know. Muffy and Thad get automatic upper level status forever! That is most definitely not right unless they have spent the required number of nights on board.

Then again under the old rules two day cruises had the same value as any other length cruise. Whenever I attend the loyalty event I always wonder how many of those receiving awards got there by an abundance two nighters and two or three for one sales. Now I get to wonder if they were Muffys or Thads too.:rolleyes:

Well, I suppose it's like all other things of todays world. All Messed Up.

Archived