I Love the Ruby Aft Pool

need2cruisesoon

I love both the Terrace and Lotus spa pools - I have to admit, I love them all :D but those two in particular.

You should see the Terrace pool area in the middle of a TA cruise in November :eek:. Its totally deserted, but the pool is heated, so aside from a little chill walking back from a swim - its great. I'm sure DH and I were a welcome bit of entertainment for the bartender at the Terrace bar ;).

I can't wait to try it on the next TA in December :D.

Thanks for all the great pictures.

It was a bit of a shock to realize the Royal and Regal don't have the Terrace pool, but I'm sure we'll find lots to enjoy when we get around to trying those ships out.

I've read that the Retreat Pool is lovely and much larger than either the Terrace or Lotus pools. I think you'll enjoy it on the Royal and Regal.

Benny is correct...the Retreat pool is larger than either the Lotus or Terrace Pool. It also has a large wading area alongside the rim of the pool, which I don't remember either of those having. While I miss the aft pool and hot tub on the Royal, I much prefer the layout of the Retreat Pool to either of the above.

I think a lot of the attraction of the aft pool is the view.

Absolutely. A pool is a pool is a pool, and there is nothing really special about the Terrace Pool except for its easy entry, but to have lounge chairs with a view of the wake, and also a pool to cool off in when it gets hot is my favorite part of that location (not to mention I'm 20 steps from our cabin in case I forgot something. And the bar. And the buffet). Sigh...I'm tearing up here.

;)

Our first Princess cruise on a Grand Class ship was on the Sapphire for a 31 night transpacific. We studied the brochure like we were buying real estate and choice a balcony in that same area. It was perfect. Over 400 Grand Class days later, the only time we've ever stayed in any other part of a Grand Class ship was when we booked a guarantee, and we've only done that twice. And both times we missed the Terrace Deck very much!

Of course, I'm certain the Retreat Pool on the Royal Princess is even BETTER!

Absolutely. A pool is a pool is a pool, and there is nothing really special about the Terrace Pool except for its easy entry, but to have lounge chairs with a view of the wake, and also a pool to cool off in when it gets hot is my favorite part of that location (not to mention I'm 20 steps from our cabin in case I forgot something. And the bar. And the buffet). Sigh...I'm tearing up here.

I couldn't have said it better. Well put.

Let's hope the next generation of Princess ships will revert back and give us back the aft pool and promenade deck.:D

Archived