I Love the Ruby Aft Pool

need2cruisesoon

Looks like home to me. It will be sorely missed on the Royal Princess, regardless of how wonderful that ship is.

This was a med cruise a couple years ago.

We'd come back from our daily ship excursion, throw on the swim suit and head to the back of the ship. Order a strong drink, lay on the lounger and enjoy the heat of the full sun burning in to our skin. The vibration from the props gently lured us into a semi comatose state of relaxation....aahhhhh..:)

Some early morning and evening pictures I took of it last year. It's an attractive space, but every time I went back there, which was often just to make sure the wake was still there, it seemed relatively deserted even during the middle of the day which I though was a bit odd. The whole area just seemed badly underutilized during my week on her and that was with a full ship in the Caribbean.

8289403485_c44edffff1_b.jpg

8289403507_af93865e17_b.jpg

8345359330_e0b9ee10e6_c.jpg

8289553957_ef608fc7ce_c.jpg

8290365607_4166f53e4e_c.jpg

8294470462_6977f3f104_c.jpg

It is odd how space utilization changes from one cruise to another. Not sure how much a sailings onboard demographics and itinerary play into it, but everything from specialty restaurants to pools and show attendance can be affected.

My favorite pool and my favorite place on the ship; I think Royal Princess is making a big mistake eliminating the aft pool and a bigger mistake consolidating their Lido Deck pools into one area--and the one isn't really even a pool.

My favorite part of this type of build is sitting at one of the cafe tables along the rail on Sun Deck outside of Adagio, right by one of those globe lamp posts. I find that a bit more serene than the crowded pool. And yes, on my crusies, that pool is always crowded.

I'm laying here trying to go to sleep, have to get back up again this afternoon for a long shift and you guys are keeping me awake! lol ;)

A few more of my favorite images (downloaded via Tapatalk) from my cruised on Ruby Princess last December:

e6e5utuj.jpg

u8evytud.jpg

ebuny5ar.jpg

jedyjyja.jpg

Thanks for the great pics of the aft pool on the Ruby! Spent many a happy times by that pool and others like it in the fleet. Going to book 21 days on the Ruby for 2014. Looking forward to the Emerald for 20 days this coming Feb!

If you can get one of the few lounge chairs around the lotus spa pool, that's a great pool tool. The swim against the tide machine is a nice touch there as well. The AFT pool can get overcrowded and loud. Not a fan.

IMG_8856_zps7e1a1611.jpg

The key word here is "few"! They are great but so seldom have I found one available.

The back pool has always been our fav on Princess. Its where we spend most of our ship time. However, for the hot tub, we do go forward to the spa hot tub. More privacy and less wind. :):)

The key word here is "few"! They are great but so seldom have I found one available.

Yup, that is the one big problem with that beautiful pool and area. If you don't get those early, you can forget about them until late afternoon.

Was in that pool quite a few times in January, & I agree it is very nice. It is also the best place to watch sunsets, if the ship is in the right direction! It's also nice to have a bar close by.:D

Steve

Archived