Oasis, Allure or Freedom?

We are looking at a last minute cruise last this month. The best price I've found is on the Freedom of the Seas, but for $550 more (there are 3 of us traveling) we can sail on the Oasis of the Seas or $600 more on the Allure.

I have not sailed on any of these ships. Opinions??? Should we spluge? My husband says yes, I'm a little hesitant!

We are celebrating my 40th birthday!

We are looking at a last minute cruise last this month. The best price I've found is on the Freedom of the Seas, but for $550 more (there are 3 of us traveling) we can sail on the Oasis of the Seas or $600 more on the Allure.

I have not sailed on any of these ships. Opinions??? Should we spluge? My husband says yes, I'm a little hesitant!

If you can find a good price on Oasis or Allure, I'd jump on it. Those ships don't often have discounts, and they are unique ships.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Freedom :)

I just posted that the Allure 25th has some great deals, as well as the Aug 18th cruises.

They just showed up this morning, so I would look at Allure for those tow dates. w gty 1099, oceanview balcony 899. These are some of the lowest prices I have seen.

I vote Freedom for two reasons:

1. Freedom is a large ship with plenty of amenities. In contrast, the other two ships you mentioned are over-sized with too much going on. Too large, too many people, yet none of the "unique" items really seem all that appealing to me. I've tried to like them, but looking at the deck plans and options is just too much, and I turn right back to something a bit smaller.

2. We cruise for a combination of ship and island stops. You should check the itineraries and verify that what I say is true for your particular cruise, but Freedom usually makes one extra island stop (often Grand Cayman) more than Oasis and Allure.

How about all 3? Sail Oasis first for a week, spend the night in Ft. Lauderdale, then hop on Allure for a week, then drive up to Port Canaveral once you get off Allure and sail away on Freedom!

I like your thinking! Maybe if I win the Powerball tonight! ;-)

What are you looking for in a cruise holiday? Ports? Ship experience? Entertainment? Food?

What are you looking for in a cruise holiday? Ports? Ship experience? Entertainment? Food?

I've visited all the ports offered before, so I'm ambivalent about WHERE we go.

It's mostly about the food and the experience. I like GOOD food.

I've visited all the ports offered before, so I'm ambivalent about WHERE we go.

It's mostly about the food and the experience. I like GOOD food.

If it's different food experiences you want, I would choose the Oasis or Allure. They have so many more venues to offer. And the ships are amazing - well at least I know the Oasis is - and one day will check out the Allure.:)

I agree with Fun2snorkel. The entertainment is great on the Oasis class ship. You won't feel crowded. Yes you can save money on the other ship, but you are only 40 once.

If you think you will have a chance in the future of going on Allure or Oasis then I would suggest picking Freedom.

If this is your one and only cruise with RCL then I would suggest picking either Oasis or Allure.

You will not be disappointed picking any of the 3 ships.

I am celebrating my 40th birthday as well :-) Heading out on oasis on 8/31 and there are some fantastic deals!!! Just booked a suite guarantee for 1099!!!

We do only turn 40 once!!! Good luck with your choice and happy birthday!!!

Oasis or Allure.. Splurge! We got interior, there was so much to do.

Since it is hurricane season, you are very wise to choose ship before itinerary. Based on what you are looking for (food, experience) I would definitely recommend Oasis or Allure. They are in a class of their own (literally and figuratively! :p) and will offer you a completely unique and different cruising experience; and they carry more food options too.

Have fun!

How about all 3? Sail Oasis first for a week, spend the night in Ft. Lauderdale, then hop on Allure for a week, then drive up to Port Canaveral once you get off Allure and sail away on Freedom!

That sounds like my kind of plan! ;)

Thanks everyone! We booked on the Allure! We are so very excited! I appreciate the input!

No worries. Just remember, if you don't like the Allure, blame everyone else on this thread... if you loved it.... come back and thank me for the suggestion. :D

Also, sign up to the meet and mingle and head on over to the roll call for your sailing and make yourself known. :)

Archived