Airco in restaurants on Nautica

Lemailu

First time on Nautica/Oceania cruise.

I get easily cold. What shall I expect at dinner time? What shall I wear?

We leave in 4 weeks from now for the Barcelona to Athens cruise and I don't know what to pack for evenings.

Can anyone help with some advice (preferably someone who gets easily cold like myself of course!)

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

SWMbI and I were very comfortable in all the dining venues. Her particular body thermometer is in her arms and she will bundle up quickly if she feels chilly - sweater or light jacket on this voyage.

The one caveat to this is the Terrace Restaurant because of the outside fantail dining area for those choosing it. We were in the Baltic in late July where outside temps were in the 70's during the day and lower 60s/upper 50s at night with sunny days. If you choose Terrace at 0630, even with the glass doors closed (more open than not due to food service staff and diners moving about) it will be on the cooler side than not the closer you sit to the fantail or time spent in the buffet serving lines. Lines? Did I say lines?

All other dining venues are fully enclosed inside and comfortably temperature controlled. Only at dinner in the GDR did I see some ladies fanning themselves for the same reasons you would see them doing so on shore.

Bonny Apetitie!

B.S. Waves is completely open to the weather.

JMBobB

I recently noticed that the passengers on the ship that felt coldest were those not used to air conditioning. I used to feel warm onboard while others were cold. Finally, I took a thermometer with me. It was indeed on the warm side but there was air conditioning blowing out cold air (something I am used to). So, if you tend to be cold and/or do not have air conditioning in your home, you may want to have a sweater, light jacket or pashmina with you. If you can see where the air conditioning vents are, it would help if you sat away from the air flow:-)

The I stands for Imperious...

Yew know, Yew winna few, yew lose a lot and sum jus' gits rained out. Needless to say I own a wide range of rain gear...

JMBobB

Thanks - well, you never know what you gonna learn here on CC :D

Just back from Nautica. I found the restaurants were comfortable but the Nautica Lounge was freezing (and I am from the UK - goodness knows how those from hotter climes felt!)

In earlier years (certainly before the "O" ships debuted) I noticed lots of complaints from women about the cold dining rooms although I personally never did. I guess I have a higher personal thermostat.

But it was very common to read these complaints.

In the past few years, though, I have not noticed such complaints. I don't know if that's because people just got used to it, started wearing a wrap of some sort, or if maybe the ship has turned up the heat.

If you are susceptible to cold, however, I agree with others -- bring some sort of cover up or wear warmer clothing. And don't sit out on the deck at the Terrace Cafe!

Mura

Archived