Perfume Shopping Question

sadie8

I need to purchase Chanel Allure Perfume this trip and know there will be some savings by bringing it home duty free but has anyone found better prices in the Caribbean than in the US?

We will be in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao. They had Chanel Allure in the perfume shop on board, so if the price is the same, I'll just get it there.

The prices may be duty free but usually the same as US. I have found a better deal buying at a local department store when they offer a gift with the purchase. The gift can be worth more than the duty you save. Check pricess before you leave.

They had Chanel Allure in the perfume shop on board, so if the price is the same, I'll just get it there.

That's what I did on the Jewel; I checked the price onboard for my Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia Eau De Parfum Spray, knew what it cost at home, knew that if I found it in port for less I could buy it there, but ultimately the onboard shop isn't going anywhere so that is your fail-safe, right? The onboard shop actually had it for 15% off the listed price so with no tax on top of that to pay, I was very happy buying it onboard. :)

Just a word of caution when buying any fragrance on board. The scent of your favorite fragrance can change if it's been sitting on the shelf too long. Inventory does not turn over as quickly on a ship as it does in a department store.

Good point. Thanks. I've had that happen before

I need to purchase Chanel Allure Perfume this trip and know there will be some savings by bringing it home duty free but has anyone found better prices in the Caribbean than in the US?

We will be in St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao. They had Chanel Allure in the perfume shop on board, so if the price is the same, I'll just get it there.

There is a store in St. Thomas that had the best prices on perfume as well as excellent prices on booze.

The name, unfortunately, eludes me. :(

It had a very large inventory, and the shelves went up to the ceiling.

Since my memory isn't working well, I hesitate to add this detail, in hopes that it helps someone else come up with the name: I *think* that it had wooden planking on the walls.

It was on a smaller street or alley, not the main drag. Parallel to the main drag, I think. :(

There is a store in St. Thomas that had the best prices on perfume as well as excellent prices on booze.

Does Google Earth have street view in St.Thomas? I'd check it out but I've got peeps coming to dinner soon. Anyway, that might be an idea. :)

It had a very large inventory, and the shelves went up to the ceiling.

Since my memory isn't working well, I hesitate to add this detail, in hopes that it helps someone else come up with the name: I *think* that it had wooden planking on the walls.

It was on a smaller street or alley, not the main drag. Parallel to the main drag, I think. :(

Does the name A.H.Reese (sp?) sound familiar? They have one store there that is so large, it has the main entrance on, well, Main Street (can't remember which "Gade" it is called) and also another entrance in the rear off of an alley, if I remember right. They had some pretty good liquor prices as well. When my late husband and I would go to St. Thomas we always picked up his favorite scent there for much less than we could get it here in the States. Sometimes, depending on the ship, they would have certain products that had decent pricing as well, especially if you will willing to buy the larger sizes.

Does the name A.H.Reese (sp?) sound familiar? They have one store there that is so large, it has the main entrance on, well, Main Street (can't remember which "Gade" it is called) and also another entrance in the rear off of an alley, if I remember right. They had some pretty good liquor prices as well. When my late husband and I would go to St. Thomas we always picked up his favorite scent there for much less than we could get it here in the States. Sometimes, depending on the ship, they would have certain products that had decent pricing as well, especially if you will willing to buy the larger sizes.

Yes.........just checked it out on Google maps, and I think that it IS A. H. Riise!

I purchased booze and 2 perfumes there and they were pretty cheap, even cheaper than on this Sawgrass Mills outlet in Florida on my pre-cruise stay. It is this huge store that has like booze first, the perfumes in the middle, and then sunglasses and I believe jewellery in the end.

Ther is this other store called Dadlanis little something and prices there were even cheaper since its a smaller shop, but their selection is waay bigger. The store has some slogan saying they have every perfume even the ones you can no longer find, and they did! I was looking for a Guerlain perfume I couldn't find anywhere and they had it there. I don't know the name of the street but its easy to find, it's in front of the sea, steps away from the 2 story Rolex store, where you would take the cabs to go to the yachts pier, where there is this mall with the LV store

Archived