Major changes to RCCL Visa program

bobinfl

Funny, we already have the vpp card. Now just my wife is getting emails from rci to apply for the new signature card:rolleyes:

Wonder how they would like us trying to apply points to the same booking from two different cards#:eek:

Edited by setsail

Nancy Jo, since it appears that you have an established Visa Platinum Plus since you indicated it has recently been renewed, that card will automatically be rolled over to the new Visa Signature in January of 2014 and all your points will transfer and you will keep the same credit card number.

If the benefits of the new Visa Signature are important to you now, then you will have to apply, wait to get approved, get a new credit card number and then once you have activated your card, call BofA and have them transfer your points from your Platinum Plus to the new card.

Wow! I was so misinformed this morning from B of A representative. I asked if my RCL Visa will automatically change over to the Visa Signature CC and she said no as it was a separate CC. If I would like to have the RCL signature CC, I was have to apply and receive a new account number.

Wow! I was so misinformed this morning from B of A representative. I asked if my RCL Visa will automatically change over to the Visa Signature CC and she said no as it was a separate CC. If I would like to have the RCL signature CC, I was have to apply and receive a new account number.

There is a special department within BofA that will be handling the transferring of those with a current Platinum Plus Visa over to the Visa Signature and they hope to have this all done in January of 2014.

In defense of the BofA reps, when calling BofA for any credit card question, these reps don't have current information regarding specific Credit Cards available to Specific Companies and any changes that might be currently taking place. I called on Tuesday and was given the same information as you were, that is why I decided to dig a little deeper within RCI.

Edited by cruisenfever

Funny, we already have the vpp card. Now just my wife is getting emails from rci to apply for the new signature card:rolleyes:

Wonder how they would like us trying to apply points to the same booking from two different cards#:eek:

We just email yesterday too about new Signature card. Think we'll wait until Jan. to see what happens.

Curious, if you apply for new Signature card, do you get those bonus points too? like when first applying for Platinum?

Cheers,

NJ :)

We just email yesterday too about new Signature card. Think we'll wait until Jan. to see what happens.

Curious, if you apply for new Signature card, do you get those bonus points too? like when first applying for Platinum?

Cheers,

NJ :)

Yes, you will get the bonus points if you apply for it now.

When I called B and A they just updated my card (but it will be a different number) to the Signature card. The agent told me several times that the points will rollover onto the new account number. (We will see if that happens:p:p)

It is just like when one of our cards got compromised we had a new account number but all the points were still there.

Thank you for everyone who has been posting the new info.

Its funny but I never received an email from Royal Caribbean Marketing about any of this. I wish I was on their list. I get other emails from them.

I have had the platinum plus for awhile. If I call B of A now and change it to the signature card, I will get an additional 10,000 bonus points like when it was the original new card?

I am saving points for my cruise next June so I am thinking all points will be welcome. I may have to call now and not wait until Jan.

Also,

can anyone change over the card or is it only for certain people. My son has had the card for about a year. Has a low credit line ($2000) but not because he has bad credit. Great credit. Started low and never asked for an increase. I was wondering if the new card is for higher limits or something...

Edited by betmust
added comment.

When I called B and A they just updated my card (but it will be a different number) to the Signature card. The agent told me several times that the points will rollover onto the new account number. (We will see if that happens:p:p)

It is just like when one of our cards got compromised we had a new account number but all the points were still there.

Not really. When a credit card is compromised you are being reissued the "same type of card" but with a new credit card number. Everything associated with the old number is transferred over including points, credits and debits. Have gone through that twice with RCI and twice with Chase.

When you applied for the Signature Visa you were applying for an entirely different type of Visa with different terms and conditions.

I hope the agent is right. When you get your new Visa Signature, after activating it, I would call and see if they rolled the points over or if you have to give them your Platinum Plus Visa number and then they will roll it over and close the PP card.

Thank you for everyone who has been posting the new info.

Its funny but I never received an email from Royal Caribbean Marketing about any of this. I wish I was on their list. I get other emails from them.

I have had the platinum plus for awhile. If I call B of A now and change it to the signature card, I will get an additional 10,000 bonus points like when it was the original new card?

I am saving points for my cruise next June so I am thinking all points will be welcome. I may have to call now and not wait until Jan.

Also,

can anyone change over the card or is it only for certain people. My son has had the card for about a year. Has a low credit line ($2000) but not because he has bad credit. Great credit. Started low and never asked for an increase. I was wondering if the new card is for higher limits or something...

The Visa Signature is available to anyone with a credit line of $5000+.

Edited by cruisenfever

I hope the agent is right. When you get your new Visa Signature, after activating it, I would call and see if they rolled the points over or if you have to give them your Platinum Plus Visa number and then they will roll it over and close the PP card.

Yes I gave them my current account number and they "upgraded" it to a signature account. Or I hope they did:eek:

Yes, you will get the bonus points if you apply for it now.

If you "apply" as this poster suggests, you will then have 2 seperate RCI cards with 2 different numbers and 2 different credit lines and limits. This may have an affect on your credit rating in addition to what affect the applying does to your credit. Since we are now using the very simplistic capital one card and getting considerably more points than with RCI card we will just wait until January to see what if anything happens to the Plat Plus conversion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I STILL have not received ANY emails about this from Bank of America. Not a one. No messages posted on the on-line banking page. Nothing in snail mail. Nothing in email. I'm paperless, so they obviously have all my up-to-date electronic contact information.

I'd LOVE to get 10,000 extra bonus points! Would LOVE that!! But would NOT love opening a SECOND credit card. If I could UPGRADE and get the bonus points (what's the downside...am I missing something???), I'd be thrilled. But again...I've gotten absolutely NO communication from BoA.

UGH!! I shouldn't be surprised. They sold my mortgage without giving me any advance notice.

Edited by printingchick

I STILL have not received ANY emails about this from Bank of America. Not a one. No messages posted on the on-line banking page. Nothing in snail mail. Nothing in email. I'm paperless, so they obviously have all my up-to-date electronic contact information.

I'd LOVE to get 10,000 extra bonus points! Would LOVE that!! But would NOT love opening a SECOND credit card. If I could UPGRADE and get the bonus points (what's the downside...am I missing something???), I'd be thrilled. But again...I've gotten absolutely NO communication from BoA.

UGH!!

The emails are not coming from BofA. They are being sent out by RCI Marketing Department.

RoyalCaribbean@RoyalCaribbeanMarketing.com

Edited by cruisenfever

UGH!! I shouldn't be surprised. They sold my mortgage without giving me any advance notice.

You will not get the 10,000 bonus points when they upgrade your card. Only if you apply for a new card and only then if your old card is not cross-referanced as the rules are only one bonus per household.

Quick question.......

Can you still combine a balcony discount with OBC(you buy with your points)?:confused:

Yes you can.

You will not get the 10,000 bonus points when they upgrade your card. Only if you apply for a new card and only then if your old card is not cross-referanced as the rules are only one bonus per household.

All roll over accounts that are upgraded in January will be receiving the 10,000 bonus points after their first transaction. This information is from RCI and not from BofA.

Edited by cruisenfever

Not really. When a credit card is compromised you are being reissued the "same type of card" but with a new credit card number. Everything associated with the old number is transferred over including points, credits and debits. Have gone through that twice with RCI and twice with Chase.

When you applied for the Signature Visa you were applying for an entirely different type of Visa with different terms and conditions.

thank you for your answers...

Yes you can.

Thanks...............this part confused me:confused:

MyCruiseRewards are available for redemption on any eligible Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean or Azamara cruise vacation but may not be combined with any other promotional offers and/or certain Crown & Anchor Society, Captain’s Club or Le Club Voyage promotions and benefits. MyCruise Rewards are also not combinable with restricted pricing including, but not limited to, RSale, CSale, Residential rates, senior rates, and military rates. Reward Redemptions may be used by individuals, participants in qualified group bookings, by single guests, and for use with third and fourth guest bookings. Reward redeemed items are also subject to the Special and General Terms and Conditions described below. (All dollar values shown below are U.S. dollars.)

Thanks...............this part confused me:confused:

MyCruiseRewards are available for redemption on any eligible Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean or Azamara cruise vacation but may not be combined with any other promotional offers and/or certain Crown & Anchor Society, Captain’s Club or Le Club Voyage promotions and benefits. MyCruise Rewards are also not combinable with restricted pricing including, but not limited to, RSale, CSale, Residential rates, senior rates, and military rates. Reward Redemptions may be used by individuals, participants in qualified group bookings, by single guests, and for use with third and fourth guest bookings. Reward redeemed items are also subject to the Special and General Terms and Conditions described below. (All dollar values shown below are U.S. dollars.)

I'm sorry to say I can't interpret the above. All I know is that we can redeem points for OBC and certain amounts of $$$ off and combine it with any C&A benefit.

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm sorry to say I can't interpret the above. All I know is that we can redeem points for OBC and certain amounts of $$$ off and combine it with any C&A benefit.

I know it has been done before.......just wasn't sure with this new stuff.....thanks again.

Yes you can.

All roll over accounts that are upgraded in January will be receiving the 10,000 bonus points after their first transaction. This information is from RCI and not from BofA.

You need to call BofA. It is their card and they said only if you apply for a new card. Upgraded cards will not receive the points.

You need to call BofA. It is their card and they said only if you apply for a new card. Upgraded cards will not receive the points.

It might be their card, but they are working together with RCI to set the parameters. I think I'll just wait until January to see what transpires. Our current card is giving us great service.

Edited by cruisenfever

I didn't read all the posts on this thread....but will all RCCL Visa's be transferred automatically? Is there an annual fee on the new card?

Yes and they are hoping to have it done in January 2014. There is no annual fee for the new card. You can read all about it here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5

It might be their card, but they are working together with RCI to set the parameters. I think I'll just wait until January to see what transpires. Our current card is giving us great service.
So will I.

Love the picture of your adorable new grandson. How is he settling in? How is his sister enjoying being a Big Sis?