Major changes to RCCL Visa program

bobinfl

How did you get it processed for Allure? It only brings up the new rules iow 125,00 does not apply to Al or Oa??

So far they are still operating under the old system. Some have been told until the end of August and others have been told until the new system is up online.

I didn't read all the posts on this thread....but will all RCCL Visa's be transferred automatically? Is there an annual fee on the new card?

This is the email I received from Royal 2 days ago. I have a platinum plus, which is supposed to convert into a signature. I am not sure what the difference is if you will not have a signature.

As a Royal Caribbean Visa cardholder, you'll love our new MyCruise Rewards program! Now you can use your card to earn double points for purchases on Royal Caribbean International® and our sister brands, Azamara Club Cruises® and Celebrity Cruises® . Then beginning August 30, 2013, you can redeem your points for cruise rewards on all three cruise lines.

Use your current card – no need to re-apply to enjoy MyCruise Rewards

• Double points for purchases on Royal Caribbean, Azamara, and Celebrity Cruises

• More rewards – choose cruises, discounts, upgrades, and onboard credit on three incredible cruise lines

Below are links to two different .PDF'S which detail the rules of the new program. They were updated 8/20/2013.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_awards_chart_web_08.20.2013.pdf

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_terms_and_conditions_08.20.13.pdf

Hope this helps answer some questions.

Edited by itching2cruiseagain
left out a word.

Called D+ desk yesterday to book Allure and use my points for a "free" cruise. The CS Rep was able to:

1) Apply my Next Cruise certificate (OBC hopefully will show up onboard)

2) Apply the $225 balcony discount to the JS I booked

3) Log into the Redemption site and apply the 125,000 points which gave me $2038 ($1019 x 2) toward the cruise total.

I have received an email confirmation both from the cruise booking and the rewards application.

I queried the rep twice about the balcony discount being applicable and she assured me that it was. I asked her when the cutoff was for booking Oasis/Allure with free points and she said "when Bank of America got their act together and made it official."

We will see if my balcony discount remains in effect when they apply that

free cruise credit. Now, if I could only sneak in a stockholders OBC, I would be really happy ;).

Deb

This is the email I received from Royal 2 days ago. I have a platinum plus, which is supposed to convert into a signature. I am not sure what the difference is if you will not have a signature.

As a Royal Caribbean Visa cardholder, you'll love our new MyCruise Rewards program! Now you can use your card to earn double points for purchases on Royal Caribbean International® and our sister brands, Azamara Club Cruises® and Celebrity Cruises® . Then beginning August 30, 2013, you can redeem your points for cruise rewards on all three cruise lines.

• Double points for purchases on Royal Caribbean, Azamara, and Celebrity Cruises

• More rewards – choose cruises, discounts, upgrades, and onboard credit on three incredible cruise lines

Below are links to two different .PDF'S which detail the rules of the new program. They were updated 8/20/2013.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_awards_chart_web_08.20.2013.pdf

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_terms_and_conditions_08.20.13.pdf

These are the benefits with the Visa Signature...........

Enjoy these benefits with your Royal Caribbean Visa Signature card:

• 10,000 Bonus Points after your first qualifying transaction* – redeemable for $100 onboard credit

• 2 for 1 airfare after making 3 or more transactions totalling at least $3,500 within 90 days of account opening (students not eligible)†

• No Annual Fee†

• Perks like Visa Signature lost luggage protection, Car Rental Insurance, Emergency cash and ticket replacement worldwide, and more††

I looked through my emails last night and don't believe I deleted anything that might have been this notification. I just checked my card and it is a Platinum Plus, so I guess I'll be automatically switched.

Yes you can.

All roll over accounts that are upgraded in January will be receiving the 10,000 bonus points after their first transaction. This information is from RCI and not from BofA.

I hope you are correct about this part, I'd love another 10,000 bonus points. :D

The 2 for 1 airfare is a nice bonus as well.

how do you think the 2 for 1 airfare works? i know you have to get a card, w/in the first 90 days spend 3500. is this done on choice air or is there any blackout dates? are there any catches, i guess i'm trying to figure out before i tell my relatives to get the card (they don't cruise that much - but are going and will fly)

how do you think the 2 for 1 airfare works? i know you have to get a card, w/in the first 90 days spend 3500. is this done on choice air or is there any blackout dates? are there any catches, i guess i'm trying to figure out before i tell my relatives to get the card (they don't cruise that much - but are going and will fly)

It tells you in the T&C on the web site, scroll down under features

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VABV2Q#b

Edited by setsail

Okay, one more question.....I am Platinum plus Visa.....so when I am automatically transferred to the new card, will I be able to get the 10,000 bonus points and be able to qualify for the airfare bonus....or is that considered only for brand new applicants?

Thanks!

Okay, one more question.....I am Platinum plus Visa.....so when I am automatically transferred to the new card, will I be able to get the 10,000 bonus points and be able to qualify for the airfare bonus....or is that considered only for brand new applicants?

Thanks!

I don't know about this card but I know for Capital One because I just did it. I just upgraded to the Venture card and I did not get the 10,000 bonus points or the fee waiver for the first year. That was for new accounts only. I wouldn't be surprised if they all work that way. I just didn't want the hassle of applying for the new card and cancelling the old one. My account number stayed the same too so that saves me some work.

Thanks!

No, you will not receive the 10,000 bonus points when you are automatically upgraded.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

This is so confusing. If you wait till January to roll over, you will not get the bonus points? But if you apply now for the new Signature Card you will get the bonus points?

I have an Alaska cruise coming up next June and before we go I would love to get as many points as possible...

Thanks

My husband just gave me the AOK to apply for the new card in order to get the bonus points and airfare benefit.

Has anyone said why they are switching us all to this new card? I wonder what the benefit is to RCCL and Bank of America.

This change is really upsetting. Been saving my points up for years to try and get two cruises for my family of four. Was looking to book it on a class of ships we've never cruised on before - Oasis or now Quantum. Now that we've almost reached that goal, they're taking it away.

Okay, enough whining.

Does anybody know whether I could combine a free cruise for two with a free companion fare - so this way I only have to pay for one?

This change is really upsetting. Been saving my points up for years to try and get two cruises for my family of four. Was looking to book it on a class of ships we've never cruised on before - Oasis or now Quantum. Now that we've almost reached that goal, they're taking it away.

Okay, enough whining.

Does anybody know whether I could combine a free cruise for two with a free companion fare - so this way I only have to pay for one?

I don't believe you can combine the free cruise with the free companion fare.

Okay, enough whining.

If you are talking about 4 in one room no. If you are talking about 2 different reservations (2 rooms) with different reservation numbers yes