Press Release : New RCCL Credit Card

Andy

Yes you can redeem Visa Points for OBC and combine that with any C&A benefit.
And I thought you had posted earlier that other rewards could be combined with any C&A benefit.

Sorry if this was answered before but there is a lot of confusion especially as the interim version had information that was not right.

And I thought you had posted earlier that other rewards could be combined with any C&A benefit.

Sorry if this was answered before but there is a lot of confusion especially as the interim version had information that was not right.

This is what I posted...........

OBC ~~ The information listed under Rewards Options when it refers to OBC is incorrect and will be corrected. You will still be able to redeem points for a $50, $100, $150 and $200 OBC and use it on any RCI cruise (as well as Celebrity/Azamara). This was not listed before. Seems that there was a miscommunication between the Redemption Center and Marketing and they are in the process of getting that corrected!

Combining Points with C&A Benefits ~~ Yes you Can. If you have a balcony discount and an OBC from booking on board or using a C&A Certificate, you will still be able to redeem points for OBC and use it on that booking or any future booking. The only time that a balcony discount would not be applied is if you are booking a "free" cruise.....which kind of makes sense!

I believe in my original posting of the above information I omitted the letters OBC from redeeming points in the second paragraph. I apologize for the error and confusion.

I believe that if you are redeeming points for $$$ off a cruise, you will not be able to use a balcony discount either. Seems that was the way it was supposed to work with the current Platinum Plus card, but they never enforced it.

I do hope that something is put in black and white and is easy to understand about the "yes I can" and "no I can not" about this new card. And I hope that they do it soon.

This is what I posted...........

OBC ~~ The information listed under Rewards Options when it refers to OBC is incorrect and will be corrected. You will still be able to redeem points for a $50, $100, $150 and $200 OBC and use it on any RCI cruise (as well as Celebrity/Azamara). This was not listed before. Seems that there was a miscommunication between the Redemption Center and Marketing and they are in the process of getting that corrected!

Combining Points with C&A Benefits ~~ Yes you Can. If you have a balcony discount and an OBC from booking on board or using a C&A Certificate, you will still be able to redeem points for OBC and use it on that booking or any future booking. The only time that a balcony discount would not be applied is if you are booking a "free" cruise.....which kind of makes sense!

I believe in my original posting of the above information I omitted the letters OBC from redeeming points in the second paragraph. I apologize for the error and confusion.

I believe that if you are redeeming points for $$$ off a cruise, you will not be able to use a balcony discount either. Seems that was the way it was supposed to work with the current Platinum Plus card, but they never enforced it.

I do hope that something is put in black and white and is easy to understand about the "yes I can" and "no I can not" about this new card. And I hope that they do it soon.

Thanks Patti -- taking $$$ off a cruise is the way I have been using my Visa Points. So that is disappointing. Will they allow you to combine $$ off a cruise and the Balcony Discount if you have a Signature Card, which is what I think I will be getting based on my credit limit on the card?

The way it looks like it would work is if I apply a companion fare to the booking later on in the process , they would have to add the balcony discount back into the cruise fare.

We haven't received ours either. Have been told that the newly issued cards will have the same account number as your current Visa and everything will automatically be rolled over to it.......points, charges and credits!:D

The Visa Signature is automatically issued to those that currently have an RCI Platinum Plus Visa and have a credit line of $5000 or higher.

I've also been told that after the first purchase, you will get 10,000 bonus points.

My RCI card had an 9/2013 expiration, so I just got my new cards in the mail earlier this week. They still show Platinum Plus (although they look similar to the ones in the new pics). I do have a credit line over $5000. Should I expect another set of cards at some point with Visa Signature? We sail in 2 weeks and we're on the Radiance, so I'm not as concerned if I'll get the correct point credits for this cruise, but you never know when we might sail Celebrity.

Thanks Patti -- taking $$$ off a cruise is the way I have been using my Visa Points. So that is disappointing. Will they allow you to combine $$ off a cruise and the Balcony Discount if you have a Signature Card, which is what I think I will be getting based on my credit limit on the card?

The way it looks like it would work is if I apply a companion fare to the booking later on in the process , they would have to add the balcony discount back into the cruise fare.

I was told no you can only redeem Visa Points for OBC and combine it with C&A Benefits. But that could change.........again!!:p

My RCI card had an 9/2013 expiration, so I just got my new cards in the mail earlier this week. They still show Platinum Plus (although they look similar to the ones in the new pics). I do have a credit line over $5000. Should I expect another set of cards at some point with Visa Signature? We sail in 2 weeks and we're on the Radiance, so I'm not as concerned if I'll get the correct point credits for this cruise, but you never know when we might sail Celebrity.

From what I was told you will be receiving a new card that says Visa Signature.

I was told no you can only redeem Visa Points for OBC and combine it with C&A Benefits. But that could change.........again!!:p

Hope it does -- Onboard credit is not as attractive as dollars off a cruise - especially a companion fare.

Question; if my fiancee wants to get her own card and gets 10K bonus points too would she also receive OBC as well?

Yes, you can have multiple OBC redemptions applied to the same booking.

Talked to BOA this am....they will not transfer my Plat Plus into a Signature and give me the 10,000 bonus points...however, I can apply for a Signature and then get the 10,000 and 2/1 airfare perks and then once I have that card, I can transfer my exisiting points to it....then canx plat plus....

Roundabout way to do it, I went thru 3 people trying to just upgrade and get the perks but no go.......Will go with the Signature until I have the time to research a new CC...RCL you did it again by pushing out people as the value of the points are wayyy lower than they were imho...Not smart marketing I wouldn't think!

Talked to BOA this am....they will not transfer my Plat Plus into a Signature and give me the 10,000 bonus points...however, I can apply for a Signature and then get the 10,000 and 2/1 airfare perks and then once I have that card, I can transfer my exisiting points to it....then canx plat plus....

Roundabout way to do it, I went thru 3 people trying to just upgrade and get the perks but no go.......Will go with the Signature until I have the time to research a new CC...RCL you did it again by pushing out people as the value of the points are wayyy lower than they were imho...Not smart marketing I wouldn't think!

Do you have a $5,000 or higher credit limit on your Platnium Plus card? I believe you need that amount to upgrade it to a Signature card.

Do you have a $5,000 or higher credit limit on your Platnium Plus card? I believe you need that amount to upgrade it to a Signature card.

Yes, but I didn't want to upgrade cuz I wanted the bonus points...they said upgrading won't give you the bonus perks...only downside of doing it the way I did is I have to memorize a new CC number and change all my autopays.

Yes, but I didn't want to upgrade cuz I wanted the bonus points...they said upgrading won't give you the bonus perks...only downside of doing it the way I did is I have to memorize a new CC number and change all my autopays.

They told me that I would get a new card and new card number if I upgraded and that my points will switch over to that new number and that I will get the 10,000 bonus points after my first purchase. We only use it for RCL purchases so changing the account number does not matter for us.

It sure would be nice if everyone got the same answers:rolleyes::eek:

Archived