Press Release : New RCCL Credit Card

Andy

Good catch on the fees. It states even if it is in US dollars if it is processed outside the US there is a transaction fee. So, if you are on a RCCL cruise that does not originate or finish in the US would there be a transaction fee?????

Probably, but in my experience the entire transaction fee process is hit or miss. I only have one CC - the BOA RCL Platinum Plus card, and use it everywhere we travel. About one out of ten foreign transactions end up with the fee applied. I've actually had more foreign transaction fees show up for online purchases than for "face-to-face in a foreign port" purchases:confused:

Go to online redemption site You need to have a User ID and Password just like if you were signing in to the BofA site. Or you can call the number on the back of your Credit Card and they can tell you.

Points begin to expire after 5 years........it's first in is first out. If you call BofA they can tell you how many points will be expiring and by month.

Thank you!

I clicked on your link.

I am surprised I never came across it before.

I got my point balance plus some "pending".

What I could not find was expiration date anywhere.

But, that is OK.

We're on the BRILLIANCE of the SEAS, next week ;)

and, I will check with them anyway.

Glad to know I have alot of points.

When I book our next cruise aboard ship

I will inquire on our cabin booking, with a Junior Suite in mind... :p

Thanks again..

Thank you!

I clicked on your link.

I am surprised I never came across it before.

I got my point balance plus some "pending".

What I could not find was expiration date anywhere.

But, that is OK.

We're on the BRILLIANCE of the SEAS, next week ;)

and, I will check with them anyway.

Glad to know I have alot of points.

When I book our next cruise aboard ship

I will inquire on our cabin booking, with a Junior Suite in mind... :p

Thanks again..

You're welcome. You have to call BofA (number on back of your card) and they will tell you how many points will expire and by month.

Probably, but in my experience the entire transaction fee process is hit or miss. I only have one CC - the BOA RCL Platinum Plus card, and use it everywhere we travel. About one out of ten foreign transactions end up with the fee applied. I've actually had more foreign transaction fees show up for online purchases than for "face-to-face in a foreign port" purchases:confused:

Thanks. I will then probably use my United card that has no transaction fees, 3% can add up and there is no need for it if I have a no transaction card.

Good catch on the fees. It states even if it is in US dollars if it is processed outside the US there is a transaction fee. So, if you are on a RCCL cruise that does not originate or finish in the US would there be a transaction fee?????

I believe everything gets processed in Miami. I have never incurred a fee on a RCI or Celebrity charge.(yet):eek:

I have an RCCL Visa card already...

Never cashed in any points because, I don't even know

where to find out how many I have...where do you see that? :confused:

Thanks..

you might want to look at the bottom of your credit card statement that you receive. Look the statement up online

I did notice a conflict of information. On the attached RCCL info from Andy, the onboard credit cannot be applied until one has 25,000 points. However, on RCCL's policy regarding the rewards, one is still available to redeem 5,000 for $50 onboard credit as always. Anyone know "for sure" which is correct? Guess I will find that out for myself when I go to redeem some points.:rolleyes: I prefer to use my points for onboard credit, not "stuff"!;)

Just cashed in 15,000 points for $150 off the price of our cruise.

Thanks. I'll just keep using the RCI Visa for deposits and payments and at check-in and we'll use our JP Morgan card for purchases as there is no transaction fee.:)

There is no fee for RCL onboard purchases. Only those for things purchased Internationally

Has anyone else read the new fine print? I thought I read that Crown & Anchor benefits (coupons & balcony discount) would no longer be able to be combined if you use your rewards points? And the number of days before expiring?

I'm hoping I read it wrong...

Has anyone else read the new fine print? I thought I read that Crown & Anchor benefits (coupons & balcony discount) would no longer be able to be combined if you use your rewards points? And the number of days before expiring?

I'm hoping I read it wrong...

I think I read it? Where?

If we just a new credit card in the last 2 months will ours be ok ?

I've been told that if you have a Credit Line of $5000 or more on your current Visa card you will automatically be enrolled in the new Visa Signature program and a new card will be sent.

I've been told that if you have a Credit Line of $5000 or more on your current Visa card you will automatically be enrolled in the new Visa Signature program and a new card will be sent.

Is there any difference between the Signature and the Platinum Plus?

Is there any difference between the Signature and the Platinum Plus?

Yes, with the Visa Signature you can redeem points to be used not only on RCI, but Celebrity and Azamara as well.

All the information can be found here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5

Can the 5000 points redemption from RCCL be used for paying tips?? I see where it says it can be used for spa, car, etc...but how about applying it to your bill for tips..Thanks

If you do My Time Dining, they gratuities are automatically added to your final payment.

If you do Traditional fixed Dining then the automatic gratuities will be added daily to your bill. You can then redeem points to be applied as OBC and this would then be used to offset the daily gratuity charge.

Haven't received anything yet from BofA.

Has anyone received the new card yet and is the same account number?

We haven't received ours either. Have been told that the newly issued cards will have the same account number as your current Visa and everything will automatically be rolled over to it.......points, charges and credits!:D

The Visa Signature is automatically issued to those that currently have an RCI Platinum Plus Visa and have a credit line of $5000 or higher.

I've also been told that after the first purchase, you will get 10,000 bonus points.

Archived