Royal Promenade Sandwiches

The sandwiches vary a lot, but may include a cold meat, or a meat or seafood salad, or roasted vegetables, along with a cheese, tomato, lettuce. They are on a small roll or crossaint. The "Park Café" style roast beef sandwiches are not served.

Does anyone have any pictures or a menu of the sandwiches that are offered in the royal promenade on the independence of the seas?

thanks!

Dr. Roastbeef

I don't have any pictures, but I can remember a few. There were mini croissants, with various fillings like ham and cheese or cheese and tomato.

Rolls with turkey and various accompaniments, there was a coronation chicken one, a mozzarella and tomato with pesto, a shrimp cocktail roll, sliced beef with horseradish mayo. All the cheese on the sandwiches is sliced swiss cheese.

Also of them usually had some form of lettuce or salad in them apart from the mini croissants. They were all very good, and there were many other options from what I listed.

They change every day, and there are 4 types available each day, two types of mini croissants and two rolls. Also there is no menu, and the sandwiches are all ready prepared in the counter.

that sliced beef with horseradish mayo sounds right up my alley. Was this offered all day or just certain times? Also is this the standard spread for all RCI ships or just for the Independence of the seas?

thanks

If you look a few messages up in the board, you'll see someone just asked a similar question and the answer was ships with a Park Cafe server them.

The sandwiches are very small, like tea sandwiches. If I go there for lunch, I order two, then take off the bread from one sandwich and put that filling in the first sandwich, hence a hearty sandwich. They are tasty.

If you look a few messages up in the board, you'll see someone just asked a similar question and the answer was ships with a Park Cafe server them.

With a CC name like Dr. Roast Beef, I don't want confusion!

Ships with a Park Café serve the hot sliced roast beef on a weck, although there have been reports that the same sandwich was available occasionally on other ships, either at the Windjammer, or on pool deck.

The Promenade Café on the Independence may occasionally have a cold roast beef sandwich as was already described in another post.

have a great cruise, and good eating!

With a CC name like Dr. Roast Beef, I don't want confusion!

Ships with a Park Café serve the hot sliced roast beef on a weck, although there have been reports that the same sandwich was available occasionally on other ships, either at the Windjammer, or on pool deck.

The Promenade Café on the Independence may occasionally have a cold roast beef sandwich as was already described in another post.

have a great cruise, and good eating!

What's a weck?

Does anyone know if they all have mayo? I know on Caribbean Princess that was the case. I hope they come without it. :) thanks!!

I'm with you, but I seem to recall that the sandwiches that I asked about did have mayo on them.

The menu varies daily

All small sandwiches. Unless it's something like shrimp, tuna or chicken salad that contain mayo, I've always found there to be no condiments of any kind on the sandwiches. There are individual packets of mustard and mayo by the napkins and coffee.

My personal favorites are the shrimp salad on croissant and the prosciutto tomato on small French roll.

Haven't been on Royal Caribbean yet, but in upstate NY a weck was a hard roll with those seeds like they have in rye bread on top--and also coarse salt on top if I recall correctly.

Thank you! I'll try that one on the family sometime...............

that sliced beef with horseradish mayo sounds right up my alley. Was this offered all day or just certain times? Also is this the standard spread for all RCI ships or just for the Independence of the seas?

thanks

The beef was only on a couple of days.

I only noticed the shrimp sandwich on the very last day unfortunately.

The sandwiches are pre-made (not made-to-order). Ham-and-cheese croissant is available every day. Usually there are 3 other sandwiches also, varying daily, including at least one meatless each day. My wife loves the egg salad. Don't miss out on the desserts here. Usually desserts in Cafe Promenade are better than the MDR or buffet. Cafe Promenade is open almost all the time, closed maybe for 30 minutes for cleaning in the early morning hours.

For more pics, search google images for (including the quotes): "of the seas" "cafe promenade"

b8rach.jpg

P1010078.jpg

Jim, good shot of the sammies there. :) Yes, pre-made, not made to order. Anything like that would come from another venue, as in you going to another venue like Windjammer (assemble your own or ask the sandwich maker there if s/he can do something for you) or MDR (order how you want it).

Mmm. I loved the shrimp also. And don't forget the cookies!!! Couple of peanut butter cookies and a huge coffee and I am set for 30 minutes' worth of "people watching". :D

The sandwiches are pre-made (not made-to-order). Ham-and-cheese croissant is available every day. Usually there are 3 other sandwiches also, varying daily, including at least one meatless each day. My wife loves the egg salad. Don't miss out on the desserts here. Usually desserts in Cafe Promenade are better than the MDR or buffet. Cafe Promenade is open almost all the time, closed maybe for 30 minutes for cleaning in the early morning hours.

For more pics, search google images for (including the quotes): "of the seas" "cafe promenade"

b8rach.jpg

P1010078.jpg

Mmm those look so good. Live getting sandwiches in the promenade cafe on the way back from a shore excursion...

I also had two creative items there: I would take an orange, kiwi and banana, peel and slice them and make my own fruit salad...

...and I would ask for a cup of ice, then get a cup of (free) coffee with milk, and make my own iced coffee. Yum! :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

on Freedom the roast beef tends to be on the last or second to last day. it also has a pickle, not sure anyone mentioned that. really good. what they don't have in the promenade is chocolate chip cookies, when those are fresh, they are to die for. really hard to find. seems to be room service and MDR only.

On Indy, there wasn't just one or two sandwiches per day, but it would change throughout the day. Like there'd be ham and cheese sandwiches, but when they ran out, they'd have ricotta and roasted veggie sandwiches instead of ham and cheese. They usually had 3 varieties of sandwiches (like the picture posted!) but it wasn't like "day 7 is roast beef day" -- don't count on getting a specific sandwich a certain day at any given time, it may be different! Just go check out what's available when you're hungry and get one you like :D

I like the shrimp and egg sandwiches and the ones with prosciutto.

And when you've had your fill of little sandwiches, try the sunflower seed granola bar for dessert. It's not a crunchy granola bar, but a bar cookie slice with a moist granola, nut and fruit filling, sometimes on a crust or other times with the bottom dipped in chocolate.

And when you've had your fill of little sandwiches, try the sunflower seed granola bar for dessert. It's not a crunchy granola bar, but a bar cookie slice with a moist granola, nut and fruit filling, sometimes on a crust or other times with the bottom dipped in chocolate.

Oh my gosh, yes yes and yes. Those are delicious! Actually, they are right in the middle of Jim's second picture there from the first page. Yummy!

Archived