Size of drinking glasses

Eva 51

We have the beverage package. Because my husband has mobility issues I will likely need to go for all our beverages to consume on our balcony. My question is are the glasses large enough so that I won't spill it from bar to our balcony? Or should I bring my own glass to carry drinks to my room?? Silly question I know . inquiring minds?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't see where the size of the glass has any bearing. As suggested in the other posts it all depends on how full it is plus how steady you are.

It may be better to have a container with a lid to tranfer to. That way you won't have to worry about any spillage thatis sure to happen.

Even when carrying coffee back to thoe cabin with lids it is a problem getting into the cabin because of the lock, trying to handle the cups and key card plus the self closing door. You end up either trying to knock on the door for the inside person to open the door for you, or putting the cups on the floor as it almost takes 2 hands to get the door open.

Hope everything works out.

OK, I'm editing this post as I've just now seen EVA51's post that she is talking about Rum and Coke.

Here is a suggestion. Ask if they will give you the coke in an unopened can and the rum served straight in a glass with no ice. If you explain what you are doing and why the bartender might be happy to oblige. If they won't give you both at once then you can periodically pick up a few unopened cans of coke from time to time when you are out and about the ship so you can keep a few cans on hand in your cabin - I know they will do this. Then you can just pick up a shot of rum in a glass when your hubby wants a drink. You can ask your cabin steward to keep some extra glasses and plenty of ice on hand in your cabin to mix up the cocktails.

I don't know how many of these, or other beverages, you will consume. But you might want to consider if you'd be better off taking a pass on the beverage package and just buying the rum, or rum and coke, from either room service or the mini bar in your cabin. Or buy a Stateroom Bar Setup (click here for info on stateroom bar setup) instead of the unlimited beverage package.

...Even when carrying coffee back to thoe cabin with lids it is a problem getting into the cabin because of the lock, trying to handle the cups and key card plus the self closing door. ...

While I can do this, I agree it is difficult - especially when the cups are piping hot! During our last cruise I thought of getting the kind of beverage tray, or carrier, used at fast food places to bring next cruise. EVA 51 might want to think about this.

Rum and Coke will not be a problem. But it would be tricky to carry a Martini back to the cabin :) In my case I would have to sip to keep from spilling and the glass would always be empty by the time I got to the cabin door ("Oh darling, sorry,,...but it all spilled").

Hank

Rum and Coke will not be a problem. But it would be tricky to carry a Martini back to the cabin :) In my case I would have to sip to keep from spilling and the glass would always be empty by the time I got to the cabin door ("Oh darling, sorry,,...but it all spilled").

Hank

My DW would never buy THAT excuse! :eek:

Here is my "creative" solution. Take an insulate cup with lid. Order the drink, pour it in. If they won't let you order two at once, wait a few minutes and order the second. Pour it in. Carry back to room :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Here is my "creative" solution. Take an insulate cup with lid. Order the drink, pour it in. If they won't let you order two at once, wait a few minutes and order the second. Pour it in. Carry back to room :)

Bring along a drink bottle /sippy cup, no-one would ever think you are drinking alcohol out of tone of these.:D

Sounds like a job for "Bubba Mug!" :eek:

Also, you can find insulated cups that stack, one will sit comfortable on top of the other as it narrows at the bottom. That way you can hold them both in one hand to open the cabin door.

My husband brings me coffee and drinks regularly and he bought new cups for cruising after having to always bend and put one cup down to open the door.

Also, you can find insulated cups that stack, one will sit comfortable on top of the other as it narrows at the bottom. That way you can hold them both in one hand to open the cabin door.

My husband brings me coffee and drinks regularly and he bought new cups for cruising after having to always bend and put one cup down to open the door.

Great idea, but then my wife normally opens the door for me when I return bearing beverages.:D

Archived