Changes in Cruise Personalizer

Crzn-Life

"Midway" Bill, I finally got to the survey & thought the same thing however no personal info was requested. It was 6 questions asking about which option would be selected for things such as when looking for shore excursions.

I've attached a sample:

Most interesting. The questions seem a bit simplistic.

Astro -

I went to the root web page in the sample you attached and it appears to be a legitimate company that provides a tool for evaluating web design options.

Simplistic, yes but maybe they're trying to design a web interface for the "less than tech savvy"... way less..... :eek:

Well, I tried the button and got through. It came up with what looked like a booking page. The computer asked "What button would you press to see excursions. There was a button on top that said "excursions" and I pressed it. It came back with "very good". It then jumped to some other test for some other service and I got out.

Actually, I found it to be very idiotic. IMHO...

I agree, a complete waste of my time. It was more like a marketing survey ex: what picture did you like best? Nothing to do with cruising.

Astro -

I went to the root web page in the sample you attached and it appears to be a legitimate company that provides a tool for evaluating web design options.

Simplistic, yes but maybe they're trying to design a web interface for the "less than tech savvy"... way less..... :eek:

Thanks Bill for researching the photo & I'll attach another photo because the page shown had more things & thus easier for those who are "less than tech savvy".

I did the survey. It asked if I wanted to take another, but I was busy so I declined.

I went to the next survey but it had nothing to do with Princess & did not participate.

image.jpg.f0635142643ae491115f984cf707fa32.jpg

I tried and got through to a new personalizer layout with 6 questions requiring me to click on certain ares in the design. I then got a message saying "you have made a web designer very happy" so Imust have done something right!

Same thing happened to me. It looks like they're trying to see if clicking on a picture for information is more user friendly than actually having to read and then click. Both work equally well IMO.

I got the survey today. I didn't see how moving some disjoint statements into classifications made any sense. I clicked and dragged the statements into categories. One category was Princess insurance but there were no statements that would fit with that category. I can't see how this survey would be helpful to improve their site.

Sali

I have been part of an online survey cohort for a famous pollster and it's interesting how they go about it. Some of them are interesting but some are dull as dust and very repetitive. I finally got tired of the whole thing and quit. However they do try and get a good cross section of people and you have to be in the right demographic to qualify for the survey.

I used to be in Education Technology and they sound like the messages in programs for kids. "Good Job", "Almost, try again", "Wow", "Keep on trying", etc.

;)

What a coincidence. I got the same grades in kindergarden!:p

Well after all the hoopla I had to try it. I got the sorting task. Sort of boring and not clearly defined if you ask me. I don't think I"ll be invited back :)

I tried it on personalizers for other booked cruises but kept getting the same one. I didn't do it again. In spite of the lyric from the Captain and Tennille lyric "...once is never enough..." it certainly is with this survey.

Guessing that whatever the IT gurus are doing is the reason that I can get into My Princess but cannot access the cruise personalizer for any of my bookings.

Ain't technology grand?

Same thing happened to me. I called and they had the Captain's Circle check it out. It turns out that the email address and password that I have been using for many years and for all our cruises, for some reason now had our son's email address which made it impossible to get into the personalizer. I asked how this could happen from one day to the next as he has only cruised with us twice, several years ago and never uses the website. They had no idea. You might have a similar problem. Sounds like they need to fix their IT problems.:(

Well, I tried the button and got through. It came up with what looked like a booking page. The computer asked "What button would you press to see excursions. There was a button on top that said "excursions" and I pressed it. It came back with "very good". It then jumped to some other test for some other service and I got out.

Actually, I found it to be very idiotic. IMHO...

I pushed on the button about 4:00pm Eastern time today. I am in Windsor On.

It asked me where I would want to have certain items located. For example: Which heading would you put " How do I obtain luggage tag " I did the drag and drop thing into "passenger check in"

There was ten different areas to move to about six catagories

Not idiotic at all in my case

Same thing happened to me. I called and they had the Captain's Circle check it out. It turns out that the email address and password that I have been using for many years and for all our cruises, for some reason now had our son's email address which made it impossible to get into the personalizer. I asked how this could happen from one day to the next as he has only cruised with us twice, several years ago and never uses the website. They had no idea. You might have a similar problem. Sounds like they need to fix their IT problems.:(

I was making a reservation at one of our favorite hotels and they got mixed up with someone else with a similar name who was in their database but wasn't even making a reservation. The res agent said she couldn't fix it. ??????? So I asked for a supervisor and she fixed it. It's not just Princess.

Archived