A great customer service experience!

cruise kitty

Just got off the phone with Celebrity customer service, I have an AQ guarantee booked, & was not thrilled with my assigned cabin, gentleman went thru the deck plan with me, & basically let me pick my cabin :D

I am a happy camper, or should I say cruiser? ;) Thanks Celebrity!

BTW, that website that shall not be named, where we all check for open cabins, not so accurate, all cabins it shows open were in fact open, but there were about 10 or so that were not showing available that actually were.

Glad that you got what you wanted.....however, it actually is general policy that if you are in the US and get a guarantee cabin assigned, you can ask to be reassigned to any currently vacant cabin in the same category...that is A2 to A2, not A2 to A1. It's a great option....

The site we all use to see open cabins only shows a maximum of 15 available cabins. If there are more that are vacant, it doesn't show them.

...The site we all use to see open cabins only shows a maximum of 15 available cabins. If there are more that are vacant, it doesn't show them.

Hmmm.... I guess some of us who think we use the same site don't. The one we use (a European online site) shows many more than 15 cabins but I know it doesn't show all as the last time I used it before discussing cabin selection with our USA based TA it did not show several cabins our TA said were open for booking.

Hmmm.... I guess some of us who think we use the same site don't. The one we use (a European online site) shows many more than 15 cabins but I know it doesn't show all as the last time I used it before discussing cabin selection with our USA based TA it did not show several cabins our TA said were open for booking.

Larry, I use that site and I've counted a few times....max 15 cabins in a category show. Maybe there actually were only 15 available but I did it a few times on different cruises.

I think we're talking about the same site, (european one) right now it's showing 20 opens for the 18th of Nov. 2013 Sil. in 1A, so it def. shows more than 15, just not everything... the reason I posted is that being able to call celebrity & ask for open cabins in a certain category is incredibly helpful, I never realized it was something you could do :)

Also, now I know open cabins shown on certain sites are very accurate, there just may be more than they are showing.

Just got off the phone with Celebrity customer service, I have an AQ guarantee booked, & was not thrilled with my assigned cabin, gentleman went thru the deck plan with me, & basically let me pick my cabin :D

BTW, that website that shall not be named, where we all check for open cabins, not so accurate, all cabins it shows open were in fact open, but there were about 10 or so that were not showing available that actually were.

When we got our guarantee and rang celebrity to change it they told us that 'it wasn't worth their job' an not allowed to move it - just shows the difference between the UK and the USA service - we even tried captains club and was told that they cannot be moved!

Thank you so much, cruise kitty. That explains a lot. Glad to know this.

When we got our guarantee and rang celebrity to change it they told us that 'it wasn't worth their job' an not allowed to move it - just shows the difference between the UK and the USA service - we even tried captains club and was told that they cannot be moved!

That was one of the things Lesley Green was trying to get changed before she left :(

We got told by a Celebrity operator "if you want to move to a different cabin (within same cat) on a gty you have to pay the going rate for that cabin :eek:

Hi. could someone send me a Pmessage with this European site please.

glennweir64@gmail.com.

Larry, I use that site and I've counted a few times....max 15 cabins in a category show. Maybe there actually were only 15 available but I did it a few times on different cruises.

It shows 15 cabins in each category - per deck. So a search for a 2A may bring up three deck plans but will only show a max of 15 cabins per deck. The cabin search feature works as well.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi, to those who are asking about the website, we're not allowed to give that info here, as it's a travel agent website.

A google search should bring up the site though. :)

It amazes me how many people do not utilize Google!

"That site" everyone is talking about often shows more than 15 cabins available in a certain category. I use it all the time. :)

It amazes me how many people do not utilize Google!

"That site" everyone is talking about often shows more than 15 cabins available in a certain category. I use it all the time. :)

Yes, as Christine Frances says above, "that site" will show up to 15 cabins, per category, per deck, so if a particular category of cabin is available on three decks, it will show up to 15 cabins, PER DECK, in that category, so you may have up to 45 cabins to choose from.

If the cabin category is only available on one deck (e.g. in AQ on the Solstice), you would see a maximum of 15 cabins available, even if there were 30 cabins available in inventory to be booked.

"That site" seems to be plugged directly into Celebrity's inventory. The moment I book a cabin, it disappears from "that site" and the instant I cancel a cabin, it appears as available on "that site".

I wish Celebrity offered the same facility when you are trying to make a booking on their website.

Same for me from Germany. Neither my (german) big TA nor direct through Celebrity/Captains Club were able to help. Sad, as german prices are higher and conditions for booking are worse.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Seems a bit ridiculous that people in Europe & UK can't get the same customer service regarding guarantees, have any of you tried contacting the captains club??

Just look at my posting one above yours - yes i tried it with no luck.

Here is the reply i got:

[...]

We are excited to see that you are cruising with us again! While the changes you have requested may be possible, we kindly ask that you contact your travel agency. Celebrity Cruises strives to provide our guests with the most up to date information to insure they have the best vacation experience possible. However, we are unable to make changes to or provide information on a reservation made through a travel agency due to contractual obligations with the agency. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Any my TA said it is not possible (claimed that they have asked celebrity).

Seems a bit ridiculous that people in Europe & UK can't get the same customer service regarding guarantees, have any of you tried contacting the captains club??

Kitty,

The lady mention in the earlier post by Debbie MAcG (Lesley) was the senior person in the Captains Club in the UK but sadly she has now for some reason left Royal Caribbean.

I have no idea why the UK feel that they have to have this policy whereby you cannot change rooms once allocated. They seem to have a totally different set of rules for customer service. I know Lesley was taking on board guests feedback and was I am sure actively championing changes internally.

Who knows where her successor, whoever that is, might be in the thinking on this and on the provision of service generally but I have already had first hand experience of a drop in Captains Club service since Lesley left

Just look at my posting one above yours - yes i tried it with no luck.

Here is the reply i got:

Any my TA said it is not possible (claimed that they have asked celebrity).

Ah, the old TA conundrum, I always book direct with X, for this very reason, in the past I would transfer the booking to a TA just before final payment to get some additional OBC, but now there's a time limit, so I can't anymore.

There are quite a few people on our roll call who were unable to take advantage of some really big recent price drops due to their TA.

I think the only time I would use one is if I booked a cruise after final payment.

Kitty,

The lady mention in the earlier post by Debbie MAcG (Lesley) was the senior person in the Captains Club in the UK but sadly she has now for some reason left Royal Caribbean.

I have no idea why the UK feel that they have to have this policy whereby you cannot change rooms once allocated. They seem to have a totally different set of rules for customer service. I know Lesley was taking on board guests feedback and was I am sure actively championing changes internally.

Who knows where her successor, whoever that is, might be in the thinking on this and on the provision of service generally but I have already had first hand experience of a drop in Captains Club service since Lesley left

I'm sorry, I never realized that the UK Captain's Club was different from the U.S. based one, it's such a simple thing to reassign a cabin, & goes a long way towards making a customer happy, & of course free good publicity to do so, hopefully the U.K. CC will take notice. :)

Had the same experience booking a last minute deal for our May 29 2013 Equinox cruise. Booked a Guarantee CC didn't like the cabin assigned, knew better ones were available after a quick scan of my favorite German site to sea the cabins available and a call to the Celebrity rep and voila! He let me "pick" my guarantee.

Again, thanks Celebrity, it was a fantastic cruise and the cabin was perfect.

Had the same experience booking a last minute deal for our May 29 2013 Equinox cruise. Booked a Guarantee CC didn't like the cabin assigned, knew better ones were available after a quick scan of my favorite German site to sea the cabins available and a call to the Celebrity rep and voila! He let me "pick" my guarantee.

Again, thanks Celebrity, it was a fantastic cruise and the cabin perfect.

Little touches like this that don't really cost X $, just some time, go a long way towards making customers feel valued. :)

I'm sorry, I never realized that the UK Captain's Club was different from the U.S. based one, it's such a simple thing to reassign a cabin, & goes a long way towards making a customer happy, & of course free good publicity to do so, hopefully the U.K. CC will take notice. :)

And oh my goodness would so many in the UK jump up and down with joy as well

And oh my goodness would so many in the UK jump up and down with joy as well

I second uktog's comment's as well.

When will X ever learn that there are certain things that cost zero that go a long way! Re-assigning a cabin is one of those issues!

How much can it cost for someone to push a button on a computer screen?

With the departure of Lesley Green from the Captains Club, her quest to help us all in the UK will no doubt fail as I've also had cause to call the Captains Club recently and the service was worse than useless!

Yet again I have to ask, was Ms Green the only person that cared about the UK cruisers? It certainly looks like that from the great feedback that she receives here on Cruise Critic!

I do hope that someone in authority at X is reading this!

It's about time you all realised that Lesley has left; you need to pull your socks up and provide a service to the level that we have become used to thanks to this one very valued and now missed member of staff!

We will continue to complain about what the UK v US get from the cruise lines for years to come no doubt and we live in the hope that someone will take up where Ms Green left off at the Captains Club and fight for us UK cruisers in the not too distant future before we all desert the cause and seek a better service elsewhere!

Archived