Transportation from airport in Barcelona to downtown hotels

Chicago Boy

"Best way" for us after an overnight flight is a cab, about 30 euros. Don't nickel and dime yourself by dragging your luggage around on a bus and then on city streets after a flight from the US.

(Don't be surprised if this thread is moved to the Ports of Call/Spain forum. BTW, you can do a search there and find answers to others who have asked a similar question.)

Have a great trip!

[quote name='Chicago Boy']What is the best way to get from the airport in Barcelona to a downtown hotel? Does anyone have any experience with either an airport shuttle service or cab and what is the approximate cost?

Thanks for the infor. It is much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

We have done both taxi and the bus...both have merits (bus is great if you have time, and like to save $$).

Consider using your roll call to find others to share the taxi (or even private transfer). Many times you will have others from same flights on same cruise and staying fairly close to each other.

[quote name='Turtles06']"Best way" for us after an overnight flight is a cab, about 30 euros. Don't nickel and dime yourself by dragging your luggage around on a bus and then on city streets after a flight from the US.

(Don't be surprised if this thread is moved to the Ports of Call/Spain forum. BTW, you can do a search there and find answers to others who have asked a similar question.)

Have a great trip![/quote]

Thank you so much for the info. 30 Euros is just fine. We had thought of a car service but a cab is just as easy.

We did a taxi, as said about 30 Euro and worked out great...as said, not worth it for us to take a bus and then try to find the hotel on foot dragging luggage! I'm all for saving money, but not after a long overnight flight to save maybe 20 Euros.

A suggestion I got on these boards is to print out your hotel confirmation showing name and address of hotel so you can hand it to the driver..many taxi drivers in Barcelona do not speak English!

We went with a private car arranged with the hotel, knowing it was more expensive, but coming in on a dead-eye so didn't want any hassle. Normally I would use a cab and as noted, print out the address in the event English is not a common tongue (happened a few times in Barcelona, one of the first things I do is get a couple of business cards from the hotel.)

Also prefer a 'car service' - especially after travelling overnight and being jet lagged - no need to hunt down a taxi and wait in line.

Using suntransfers.com for the 2nd time - only 39 eu from airport to city - and they meet you in the arrivals area and help you with your luggage - well worth it! :)

I would very much recommend Barcelona Airport Transfers! It may be a little more than a cab, but totally worth it. They were waiting for us when arrived and were extremely helpful. Three people with 6 bags (yes I know) was only @ $70 EU. We also used them for 2 other legs of the trip and could not have been more pleased.

[url]http://www.barcelona-airport-transfers.com/[/url]

[quote name='jspirit']We used the Aerobus from airport to and from Las Ramblas area. Worked out so well, for 5 euros pp each way .Entry step goes down ,so easy to board with luggage.
Hope that helps. Have fun![/quote]

I always use the Aerobus. It's easy and quick, stops right outside the terminal - you can't miss it and it and it takes about 25 minutes to get downtown.

Marion

Archived