"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Aug 30, 2013

Radio

November 26th to the Eastern Caribbean. It will be me and my brother's first cruise and my mom's third(?). Right now I'm driving both of them crazy making notes about everything I read and want to do.

Come join us on our thread for this cruise. And sign up for the Meet and Mingle. Here's the link for our thread: You can sign up for the M&M at the top of the page.

Grandeur-November 26, 2013 - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Hope to see you and your family at the Meet & Mingle.

Sorry for the interruption.

Gwen :)

Thanks Radio! It helps a lot to know which night The Motown show will occur. :)

We were on this sailing to Bermuda as well as the next one to New England and Canada. They did not have the Divas of Motown during the week of the New England and Canada cruise. I don't know if they only perform on the Bermuda cruises or whether they only performed during the summer. Maybe someone who is sailing on the Fall Bermuda cruises can shed some light on this.

Mary Anne

We were on this sailing to Bermuda as well as the next one to New England and Canada. They did not have the Divas of Motown during the week of the New England and Canada cruise. I don't know if they only perform on the Bermuda cruises or whether they only performed during the summer. Maybe someone who is sailing on the Fall Bermuda cruises can shed some light on this.

Mary Anne

Will be going on Friday, so will let you know...

Is that right - it said 8:30 for second seating and 10:15 for main seating...isn't that backwards?

Looks like a typo! Probably just an oversight from a previously used slide that had the show seatings reversed, with different times.

Good catch!

Theron

There seems to be many more typos today then in the past, lazy and sloppy proofreading. And the use of on-screen pro-formas. Human nature, easier for typos to slip thru in this kind of work or tax returns where the finished product is reviewed on screen rather then as hard copy.

I just found this a week late. Do love your reviews Radio. One question. In some pictures the ramp from the sidewalk up to the ship looks quite short and not too steep. Other pictures it looks a bit more. I get mixed up between ports, but I thought that it was very long and steep. Wondering if friend coming with us would need a wheelchair.

I just found this a week late. Do love your reviews Radio. One question. In some pictures the ramp from the sidewalk up to the ship looks quite short and not too steep. Other pictures it looks a bit more. I get mixed up between ports, but I thought that it was very long and steep. Wondering if friend coming with us would need a wheelchair.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . Yes, the tide raises and lowers during our stay at Kings Wharf in Bermuda.

The Gangway is not fixed and will rise and lower with the tide.

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio, but I was asking in regard to Baltimore port embarking. I have been on over 40 cruises all around the world but have never been to Bermuda, nor have I wanted to. After following you, I am booking it for my next cruise. It looks and sounds like I have missed a real treasure.

Radio, thank you for your continuing photo reviews...We'll be on the Grandeur in October 2013. :):):)

Thanks for your nice comments, Buil. . . Take care of her. . .

I'll be back on Grandeur of the Seas on November 1 ! :)

Radio

;);)

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a thermal suite on the Grandeur with the heated ceramic beds?

Laura

Laura, I tried to find out searching the threads and couldn't find a recent answer, but threads from 3 or 4 years ago say that only radiance class ships have them. I'm not sure if refurbishments included this upgrade though?

Hopefully someone can confirm.

Thanks for your nice comments, Buil. . . Take care of her. . .

I'll be back on Grandeur of the Seas on November 1 ! :)

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio; followed you on GOTS August cruise to noplace and then to Bermuda. Find your threads and pictures great!

Where are you going Nov. 1?

We are off on the GOTS the 16 XI 2013 (as us Latins write the dates!) to the Western Caribbean.

Rebeca and Herb ;) :confused:

Hi Radio; followed you on GOTS August cruise to noplace and then to Bermuda. Find your threads and pictures great!

Where are you going Nov. 1?

We are off on the GOTS the 16 XI 2013 (as us Latins write the dates!) to the Western Caribbean.

Rebeca and Herb ;) :confused:

Hi Radio;

I found out you are going Nov. 1 to the Bahamas on the Grandeur ... can we expect your wonderful reviews?

Herb :confused:

Great review as always Radio! I'll be boarding as you're offloading Nov. 8th. Have a good one!

Thanks, Twibes. .. I wish I was sailing a B2B for Grandeur. . . I would love to do a 14 Night BDA/BHS Cruise !

Radio

;);)

If I was on Grandeur of the Seas right now, I would be seeing this. . .

Of course I must wait a week before sailing. . . it will be much warmer there than it is in Maryland now.

Radio

;);)

Grandeur of the Seas on her way to Bermuda. . .

A38.JPG

Archived