"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Aug 30, 2013

Radio

Hi! Loved the "live" report.

Was wondering, ... in the Windjammer, do they still have the counter type seating at the windows?

We loved eating our daylight meals there looking out at the horizon.

Thank you. ;)

Shh! Don't tell anyone about that, or the seats will be all taken when I get back on board.

Radio....thank you for the wonderful live on-board review.....my family and I were on the recent 8/9/13 GOS sailing in a RFS....like yourself I truly enjoyed the early mornings when I felt as if I had the ship to myself...also through your photos I am seeing parts of the ship I never experienced or may have forgotten about....:D

again thanks for the wonderful review......from the pictures to the time you spend in posting all is truly appreciated by us fellow RCL'ers.....thinking RCL should reward or compensate you for all the publicity you provide them....:)

Thanks for the bathroom pic Radio! We had that same sink on the Enchantment earlier this year and we had a problem washing our hands-faucet was set so close to the side of the sink you could only fit one hand at a time under it and the water pressure was very slow too.

Thanks again for all of the time you took to share your cruise with us.

I'm not that happy with the way the bathroom is configured although it looks like there is storage. I like to sit on the toilet and reach the sink so I can sit there and take my pills etc. It looks like I won't be able to reach.

Maybe our bathroom will be smaller. That would be good. I like the bathrooms the way they did them on Disney Fantasy - there were two. One with a sink and shower/tub and the other with a sink and toilet. Two people could use the sink at the same time for shaving and tooth brushing etc.

THank you very much for the photos.

I too enjoy your pictures and reports on the Grandeur since I will be on her in March 2014. I was looking at the picture of the captains table and was curious about the five glasses at each person's seat. I know one must be for wine and one for water but what are the other three glasses for:confused:. Thanks

How lovely to see a pic of Radio and Mrs. Radio! And thank you for once again taking us along via your "live" thread. Until the next time.......:)

Well said, Karen! Radio, I love your Grandeur review and your incredible photos! Can't wait to tune in again soon! :cool:

Radio,

Thanks for you wonderful report and fantastic pictures. I really can't wait until November so I can share this ship with my friends. Have a safe trip home, we know you have such a long trip in the morning.

I'm not that happy with the way the bathroom is configured although it looks like there is storage. I like to sit on the toilet and reach the sink so I can sit there and take my pills etc. It looks like I won't be able to reach.

Maybe our bathroom will be smaller. That would be good. I like the bathrooms the way they did them on Disney Fantasy - there were two. One with a sink and shower/tub and the other with a sink and toilet. Two people could use the sink at the same time for shaving and tooth brushing etc.

THank you very much for the photos.

That's gotta be the first time in the history of cruising that someone complained about the bathrooms being TOO BIG!!! ;)

Theron

I join the others in first thanking you for a job well done. Your reports and pictures have given us all a leg up on the ship and for those of us sailing to Bermuda gorgeous images to make our countdown more exciting. Nov 1st for my husband and I, first time cruisers at 57 and 61. We travel over the Bay Bridge almost every weekend to our home in Ocean Pines, MD. After seeing the cruise ships for the umpteenth time we decided to get on board.

Secondly thanks for the photo of you and your beautiful wife! I know we all were hoping for a pic of both of you.

Safe travels home.

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Radio for sharing your vacation!

I have been talking to friends about this adventure since last Friday at every chance I got!

I look forward to more of your live reports!

Beautiful picture of the both of you!

I too enjoy your pictures and reports on the Grandeur since I will be on her in March 2014. I was looking at the picture of the captains table and was curious about the five glasses at each person's seat. I know one must be for wine and one for water but what are the other three glasses for:confused:. Thanks

Different glasses for different types if you want to be the purist :)

Example: http://winefolly.com/tutorial/types-of-wine-glasses/

Doesn't make a whole lot of difference for the stuff we buy:eek:

Bob and I started cruising on our own boat, and the bathroom (head) in the aft cabin had room for only one person who could either sit on the toilet or stand at the sink (but not both). This shows the large bathroom which has a separate section for the shower (which has a door between it and the bathroom that can be closed, but is open in this photo) looking down through the hatch in the deck (the sink is reflected in the mirror - there's only one of them)

00001489.JPG

The cabin had room for one person at a time to stand between the bunk and the bottom of the stairs (ladder) We don't need anything bigger than that as long as we have a place to stash the clothes.

If I stand for too long, my back starts to hurt. I sit to take a shower, and at home, I lean heavily on the sink counter for teeth and pills.

Archived