"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Aug 30, 2013

Radio

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

There always seemed to be some poolside dancing. . .

P9.JPG

The Captain welcomes us during the Captain’s Gala Event

P11.JPG

The R Bar was one of the new additions to Grandeur of the Seas

P25.JPG

Passengers really loved the Centrum Wow Shows. . .

P23.JPG

Looking down through the Centrum

P28.JPG

A cooking demonstration was being held on the first Sea Day. . .

P30.JPG

Was wondering what your thoughts were on the new smoking policy....Trainman, as I'm sure you read, has cancelled all of his cruises with RCI and is now on his last one. We are booked on the Granduer Jan 21 and have had many discussions as to whether or not we should cancel....booked our dream suite 7150 for all the sea days just to find out now we will be unable to enjoy it as much as we would like but finally just decided to go for it and possible make this our last. Please folks, no bashing....just want to know how Radio feels.:cool:

Yes, I have heard about the new change. . . I am not happy about it, but I will not cancel my Cruises with RCI. I have sailed with Celebrity many times, which offers the same rules. I will just learn to live with it. . .

While there are some things that some passengers do not like I usually try to showcase the relaxing, and positive aspects of cruising.

I might just have to relocate my "Pressroom" :)

Radio

;);)

Thanks, looks like the hotel park and fly would be the better deal driving down from NY.

Another question: When Enchantment was stretched, cabins were added but not necessarily any public area room to accommodate the extra pax, making venues like Windjammer and the theater super crowded. Do you feel that the Grandeur is less crowded than its sister because of this? Thanks, your opinion is greatly valued!:)

Could I trouble you for the WiFi rates? Do you go to the front desk to sign up or can you just do it from your cabin? Also, what would be the equivalent to the Champagne Bar on other RCCL ships?

Thanks so much. We depart tomorrow.

You simply go to any RC Online Terminal (Internet Cafe, Concierge Lounge, Diamond Lounge) and set up for Wi-Fi use. Then just sign up for the package from youe Laptop or Tablet from you room.

60min -$35

100 -$55

150 -$75

250 -$100

500 -$150 (.30/ min)

I always get the 500 min pkg and use my Coupon Book discount(25%)

Radio

;);)

Radio, I noticed on the cruise compass that they have the all aboard when leaving Bermuda at 5:30PM? Was that correct? We have the same 6 night to Bermuda but itinerary says we leave Bermuda at 12:00 noon. I'm just curious about this. I would love to leave at 5:30. :-)

Yes, The Cruise Compass was very wrong. . .Grandeur usually sails 7 Night Bermuda Cruises. . . This was one of the few 6 Night Cruises (to set the 8 night Canada rotation)

Someone forgot to proof read the 6 night compass. . .

Radio

;);)

That was one problem that we also had on GOTS on our first cruise - things weren't proofread or changed. We were doing a repositioning cruise and the information on the TV said our first port was San Juan and it was actually Kings Wharf. We weren't even going to San Juan.

(It also said that the water temp in the harbor was 75 degrees and that was patently not true since it was Baltimore in later October)

I usually try to showcase the relaxing, and positive aspects of cruising.

And Radio, you do this so very well, which is why you have such a huge following! Your reviews are relaxing and positive, and wonderfully visual from beginning to end. From your welcoming posts, as you take us along through the ship, or show us a port of call, (or grab another coffee)... I appreciate your outstanding photos and the great captions that are informative and share your knowledge. It is always a pleasure to tune in, thank you! ;)

Each Compass and other Info is now loaded on my Albums. . .

Radio

;);)

Day 1 Cruise Compass

DAY1.jpg

Grandeur of the Seas Weekly Planner

PL.jpg

Hello Radio,

I was wondering if you can recall which night was the Motown show? Was it a Headliner show? Thanks.

Hello Radio,

I was wondering if you can recall which night was the Motown show? Was it a Headliner show? Thanks.

The Divas of Motown performed on Day 2 (Formal night)

Radio

;);)

The "Supreme" Divas of Motown

DM2.jpg

Thanks for posting the daily Cuise Compass' date=' info about specialty restaurants, etc. It finally registered that one of the things added to Enchantment was the Boleros Lounge, where we watched many football games. We're looking forward to being back on Grandeur in December.

One of the nicest and best located venues on Enchantment.:)

Archived