Millie.. Where is she now?

LeftcoastBC

[quote name=Widebay;39932771

Sydney is an interesting city' date=' if you know where to look.

There are some interesting pubs in The Rocks area, near the wharf where the ships berth. I like "The Hero of Waterloo" Pub, but a little walk around the area, you find other interesting pubs, with some good home brewed, Pale Ales, IPA's, etc.

Apart from the shops/pubs etc in The Rocks area, my recommendations for Sydney (depending on how much time you have in port), would be to utilise the Sydney Ferry system, which goes to numerous places within the Harbour, eg. Manly (short walk from Manly ferry terminal straight through to surfing beach facing the ocean). Another nice beach is Balmoral Beach, reached by ferry - this beach is inside the harbour, has a net enclosure & Bathers Restaurant (very upmarket) with excellent views of the harbour. Another place you can reach via sydney ferries is Watson Bay, where you will find a Sydney icon - "Doyles Fish Restaurant" - with a short walk to the Gap (stunning rock face looking down the pounding surf below)

Aloha, Widebay;

We'll be joining this cruise in Sydney en route to Singapore. We're doing a B2B with the first leg Sydney to Auckland on Solstice. Have 4 days in between in Sydney. Would be interested in your picks for reasonably priced ( but good) restaurants partial to fish. Also, what's the best place for fish and chips at Manly?

Mahalo!

May she, crew and passengers have wonderful, trouble free voyages from this day forward.

The bad weather off the Mexican coast must have put the new pod through an unexpectedly through test :eek:

Will be looking for reports of 'improvements' made inside while new propulsion and lettering was applied outside.

So we can all go back to normal on the Millie ..thanks for all the interest and posts.

Lets hope everything stays normal.

Lets also hope that all those that were inconvenienced by her trials and tribulations obtain a reasonable level of satisfaction with X's attempts at compensation.

From personal experience I know that this will be difficult for a lot of folks but I also know that time, persistence and good faith on both sides of the issues will bring successful conclusions to most.

Archived