Big Carnival Announcement on the Way

rockbock

How did you get cheated out of something that never existed before??? :confused:

Like several on this thread, we were cheated by being told if we reached Milestone we would be grandfathered into the highest tier when the program was rolled out. Then all of a sudden Milestone was not a tier though it was treated as one. While those short of Platinum were allowed to get extra days tacked on if they were short. Those of us that were Milestone were not offered that option.

Dave

They are going to put a ship back in Mobile, Alabama so I can cruise more often.....

I doubt it will be Carnival, but there is buzz locally about a cruise line testing the waters in the near future. Carnival wouldn't need to run trial cruises because they've already been here and pretty much know the market.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/08/mystery_cruise_line_testing_mo.html#incart_river

Sounds interesting but will probably have something to do with a new port or regional multi port development. It'll be interesting to see what they announce.

Like Princess, maybe a permanent ship from Carnival for San Francisco.

Like several on this thread, we were cheated by being told if we reached Milestone we would be grandfathered into the highest tier when the program was rolled out. Then all of a sudden Milestone was not a tier though it was treated as one. While those short of Platinum were allowed to get extra days tacked on if they were short. Those of us that were Milestone were not offered that option.

Dave

Incredible how Carnival managed to totally screw the whole thing up

I would like to see them start to include cruise days from overseas-based vessels accrue against your status

- currently, cruises booked through Carnival Australia on the Spirit (and next year, the Legend)

don't add to your VIFP status points earned cruising on US-based ships.

Never happen!

All ten cruises I've done

have been on ships owned by the Carnival Corp. as headquartered in Florida.

I've brought up this subject time and again, as have many others.

Not gonna happen!

It's probably going to be an amalgamation of a bunch of things. Off of the top of my head, these are things that John Heald has talked about on his blog or facebook that haven't been announced yet:

Updated menus

Updated live entertainment policy

New shows for the legend before it goes down under (the fact that they didn't just assign the Sunshine's playlist production shows and are holding back information is interesting)

Upgrades to the Freedom, Victory, Valor, and Magic all of which have 40+ day drydocks scheduled

Additionally, they have made agreements for new ports in Puerto Plata and Calica; an announcement about adding those to itineraries could happen. Finally, it makes a lot of sense to send the Legend around Asia during some seasons-- an announcement about that could happen too.

Re: Mature Gold status for those of us

lost in space somewhere between 25 and 74 days on board?

LOVE THIS!! 44 days and holding! Lol
Don't grumble: I'm at 28 days!

but at least I have another 7 to add to that

(Glory ex-Manhattan in less than two weeks time)

which will put me all the way up to 35 days. Wheeee!

I'll likely be Gold the rest of my LIFE! :cool:

Archived