Big Carnival Announcement on the Way

rockbock

[quote name='golfadj']I asked John on his fb page about this a few months ago and he had no idea.

[COLOR="Red"]Thank asked why they dont use Princess' private island and said he would ask and get back to me but never did.

Consider they control all passenger spending for the day always wondered why they dont.[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

Although Princess is owned by Carnival Corp., CCL probably doesn't use their private island for the same reason they don't allow sharing of benefits between lines. Problem is $$$$ sharing. Each line is separate, just under the Corporate umbrella, and they don't won't to take from 1 to give to another.

[quote name='Georgiagolfer'][/COLOR]

Although Princess is owned by Carnival Corp., CCL probably doesn't use their private island for the same reason they don't allow sharing of benefits between lines. Problem is $$$$ sharing. Each line is separate, just under the Corporate umbrella, and they don't won't to take from 1 to give to another.[/QUOTE]

they don't have any problem with the $$$$ sharing with HAL, in terms of half moon cay, so i fail to see how that would be an issue.

[quote name='Georgiagolfer'][/color]

Although Princess is owned by Carnival Corp., CCL probably doesn't use their private island for the same reason they don't allow sharing of benefits between lines. Problem is $$$$ sharing. Each line is separate, just under the Corporate umbrella, and they don't won't to take from 1 to give to another.[/quote]

Holland has no problem with this why should Princess. Island is empty for many months in the summe. Very strange.

[quote name='Georgiagolfer']Although Princess is owned by Carnival Corp., CCL probably doesn't use their private island for the same reason they don't allow sharing of benefits between lines. Problem is $$$$ sharing...[/QUOTE]

I wonder why they are using Royal Caribbean's private island instead. You'd think that it would be more expensive to rent out the competition's island, unless there are other logistical issues.

Just saying, the lines under the Carnival Corp. umbrella, all seem to be doing their own thing. Sure, CCL should go to Princess private Island. I also feel benefits should be shared under that same Corporate umbrella, just like Royal Caribbean.

They are owned by the same parent, but act like step kids, not blood kids. Of course this is just my opinion.

[quote name='Georgiagolfer'][/color]

Although Princess is owned by Carnival Corp., CCL probably doesn't use their private island for the same reason they don't allow sharing of benefits between lines. Problem is $$$$ sharing. Each line is separate, just under the Corporate umbrella, and they don't won't to take from 1 to give to another.[/quote]Even though most issue are all about the $$$'s, in this case I'm thinking it's about allowing a very important brand
in the CCL stable,Princess, to keep the island for themselves. They would wish it to remain exclusive.
I also believe that HAL ,Cunard and Princess management would be strongly against the transfer of loyalty benefits across brands.
There would be the issue of too many rif-raf from Carnival booking and swamping their perks.
These premium brands have tried their bests to not be tarred with the same brush.
I'm sure their preference would be that nobody knew of their Carnival connection.
Who could blame them given Carnivals currect reputational woes.

[quote name='richstowe']Even though most issue are all about the $$$'s, in this case I'm thinking it's about allowing a very important brand
in the CCL stable,Princess, to keep the island for themselves. They would wish it to remain exclusive.
I also believe that HAL ,Cunard and Princess management would be strongly against the transfer of loyalty benefits across brands.
[COLOR="Red"]There would be the issue of too many rif-raf from Carnival booking and swamping their perks.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]These premium brands have tried their bests to not be tarred with the same brush.
I'm sure their preference would be that nobody knew of their Carnival connection.[/COLOR]
Who could blame them given Carnivals currect reputational woes.[/QUOTE]

All I can say to this is, WOW

[quote name='rockbock'][LEFT][CENTER][FONT=arial,
helvetica, sans-serif][I][/I][/FONT][/LEFT][/CENTER]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][LEFT][CENTER][/LEFT][/CENTER]
[LEFT][CENTER][I]We have some exciting news we'll be sharing in September and wanted to be sure you had the opportunity to enroll for a special sneak preview before it goes viral! [/I][/LEFT][/CENTER]
[LEFT][CENTER][/LEFT][/CENTER]
[LEFT][CENTER][I]On Monday, September 9th, Carnival's Worldwide Sales team will be making a big announcement.[/I][/LEFT][/CENTER]
[LEFT][CENTER] [/LEFT][/CENTER]
[LEFT][CENTER] [/LEFT][/CENTER]

[SIZE=3]Go ahead and speculate on what it might be...[/SIZE]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Subscribe

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='golfadj']Food and service still good, my major complaint is entertainment has gone downhill big time.[/quote]
ummm.... food good.. but nothing like it used to be. Service... okay good service except very slow... I really don't like spending two hours in the dining room in the main DR which is what we did last year on the Liberty. Oh, and I do have to say, they mixed up the orders giving the wrong ones to us a few times, and forgot partof our meal a couple of times... but you know what? i totally understand and feel bad for them that so much has been put on them... it was so much nicer with the two person team and more teams to handle the amount of passengers... I have to wonder if the slow service was why many nights, the dining room would be half empty...
Entertainment??? did you really say that word ??? let me get out my dictionary and see if it fits..;)

[quote name='Tapi']I wonder why they are using Royal Caribbean's private island instead. You'd think that it would be more expensive to rent out the competition's island, unless there are other logistical issues.[/QUOTE]

I think you're onto something. Maybe CCL liked RCL's island so much that now their going to charter some of RCL's ships. They can even advertise them as new.

[quote name='richstowe']
There would be the issue of too many rif-raf from Carnival booking and swamping their perks.[/quote]

I see you have cruised Carnival multiple times and have read many of your posts that I thought were well composed. I'm surprised you would consider yourself and your family as rif-raf.

[quote name='richstowe']These premium brands have tried their bests to not be tarred with the same brush.[/quote]

From a marketing and branding perspective, can you briefly pinpoint 1 or 2 specific examples or strategies that Holland and/or Princess have implemented to purposely distance themselves from the Carnival brand connection?

[quote name='richstowe']Even though most issue are all about the $$$'s, in this case I'm thinking it's about allowing a very important brand
There would be the issue of too many [B][U][COLOR="Red"]rif-raf[/COLOR][/U][/B] from Carnival booking and swamping their perks.
These premium brands have tried their bests to not be tarred with the same brush.
I'm sure their preference would be that nobody knew of their Carnival connection.
Who could blame them given Carnivals currect reputational woes.[/QUOTE]

Wow......you sound very elitist...not cool.

Mrs. SooterS finally got a line on the real story.....

Rumor has it that they are removing the Main Dining Room on all ships and replacing it with a sleek new WalMart!

I suspect that they will announce a $500 price reduction on all cruises, since my fare for December just went up about $600.

[quote name='richstowe']

There would be the issue of too many rif-raf from Carnival booking and swamping their perks.
.[/QUOTE]

Don't talk about yourself that way I'm sure your not rif-raf.
You've listed five cruises and three of them are Carnival :rolleyes:

[quote name='AdGuyMG']I see you have cruised Carnival multiple times and have read many of your posts that I thought were well composed. I'm surprised you would consider yourself and your family as rif-raf.[/quote]I gotta say that I am surprised by the reaction to my use of this term. It was meant in a light hearted manner.
I thank you for being civil in your response, I was trying to use a little humour. I guess rif-raf is not a politically correct term and I failed.;)
I like Carnivals product and will continue to cruise with them when not getting a balcony cabin.
I have no loyalty to any cruise line and frankly don't understand it. Loyalty is for friends and family.
Therefore I will continue to cruise whichever cruise line offers me the best of what I'm looking for at the time of booking.
This certainly includes Carnival.

[quote name='AdGuyMG']From a marketing and branding perspective, can you briefly pinpoint 1 or 2 specific examples or strategies that Holland and/or Princess have implemented to purposely distance themselves from the Carnival brand connection?[/quote]
Speaking to a friend who's a TA specializing in cruising, she said that CCL's premium lines always desired that her agency
never mention their corporate parentage. In the last year this desire has been explicitly mentioned to her by each of these brands.
She didn't believe it was a coincidence and we agreed it was a reasonable position to take.
She believes most newer cruisers do not know how many and which brands are in the CCL stable.

[quote name='Scooters']Mrs. SooterS finally got a line on the real story.....

Rumor has it that they are removing the Main Dining Room on all ships and replacing it with a sleek new WalMart!

I suspect that they will announce a $500 price reduction on all cruises, since my fare for December just went up about $600.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Now that is funny![/COLOR][/SIZE]:p:D:p:D:p:D

[quote name='AdGuyMG']I was hoping you had something more substantial than a 2nd hand account of a 3rd party conversation.[/QUOTE]

It's still better than the usual "I heard from my mother in law's second cousin's hairdresser who once worked on a cruise ship back in 1994 and went to elementary school with Gerry Cahill's kids' nanny" that some people cite on this website as a reliable source of information. :rolleyes:

Archived