Maybe more problems for Sun Princess.

Johhno

Captain announced yesterday that rumours of any more cancellations are exactly that. Just rumours.

We went nowhere near Bali in the end as we couldn't do that route and then make the other ports. I have heard nothing about the 15th but will let you know if I do.

There are some concerned cruisers, they will really appreciate it.:D

Thanks to everyone, particularly those on Sun Princess. I feel much better after reading your comments, particularly those passed on from the captain. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Diane

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Forums mobile app

What a fantastic Bonus given it costs most travellers to this port between $5000 US - $10,000 US and their aint no formal night dinners included on the way:D:D:D

Well, that's the price REPORTED to us but if you read between the lines, that price is quoted to discourage others to try that route to Australia.

I've just finished reading "The People Smuggler" by Robin Crespigny about an Afghan man's long, dangerous journey from his home country to Australia. It really opened up my eyes to what they are REALLY going through to finally arrive here.

My neighbours are an Afghan refugee family and they are just so thankful to finally arrive in a country that values them as people. They are gentle, humble folk, working hard to learn English and educating themselves so that they can contribute to our economy.

Unfortunately, we only hear what the Government and the press want us to hear about the refugees. It was harrowing to read this man's story of all the persecution he experienced at the hands of his own country-men but after finishing it, I believe we owe it to ourselves to track down the REAL story of these persecuted people.

I'm so grateful that I was born in this country without the constant stress of being plucked from my bed in the middle of the night by the "secret police" to be thrown into jail to be tortured for many years just because I voiced my views of the government.

Anyway, stepping down off my soap-box, I'd recommend this as a compulsory read if you're concerned about the illegal immigrants trying to find a better life here and elsewhere in the free world for their families.

Well, that's the price REPORTED to us but if you read between the lines, that price is quoted to discourage others to try that route to Australia.

I've just finished reading "The People Smuggler" by Robin Crespigny about an Afghan man's long, dangerous journey from his home country to Australia. It really opened up my eyes to what they are REALLY going through to finally arrive here.

My neighbours are an Afghan refugee family and they are just so thankful to finally arrive in a country that values them as people. They are gentle, humble folk, working hard to learn English and educating themselves so that they can contribute to our economy.

Unfortunately, we only hear what the Government and the press want us to hear about the refugees. It was harrowing to read this man's story of all the persecution he experienced at the hands of his own country-men but after finishing it, I believe we owe it to ourselves to track down the REAL story of these persecuted people.

I'm so grateful that I was born in this country without the constant stress of being plucked from my bed in the middle of the night by the "secret police" to be thrown into jail to be tortured for many years just because I voiced my views of the government.

Anyway, stepping down off my soap-box, I'd recommend this as a compulsory read if you're concerned about the illegal immigrants trying to find a better life here and elsewhere in the free world for their families.

Yes, there are some terrible places on earth that people flee from and will do just about anything to be free. :(

Fishtaco and I were just jesting as the cruise stopped at christmas island.:D

Good luck to anyone on the cruise on the 15th. This is the last day we are on board. Tomorrow we arrive at Singapore. Keep posting here if any issues as I would be curious to know.

Sounds as if your cruise has gone by too fast, I am glad it has all gone smoothly for you. Yes, people on the next cruise, keep us posted please.:D

Good luck to anyone on the cruise on the 15th. This is the last day we are on board. Tomorrow we arrive at Singapore. Keep posting here if any issues as I would be curious to know.

If I get wifi - I'll post, otherwise it'll be when we get back home. I'm hoping for a relaxing time.

I hope that you had a good jouney from Fremantle and many thanks for the postings.

Diane

I've just caught up with this great thread

We go on sun princess on 11th nov (hopefully lol)

Fingers crossed there are no further problems with her in the short or long term

Any updates would be great

Have a fantastic cruise to you all who are going on the 15th :)

Mark and Angela

I've just caught up with this great thread

We go on sun princess on 11th nov (hopefully lol)

Fingers crossed there are no further problems with her in the short or long term

Any updates would be great

Have a fantastic cruise to you all who are going on the 15th :)

Mark and Angela

I second that, I hope you guys have a great cruise as well and the ship is repaired by then.:D

I think the IMPORTANT thing to result from this particular thread is for future passengers to fully understand that things can and do go wrong with cruiseships. And unfortunately cruiseline terms and conditions are written very much for the favour of the cruiseline. It is not a matter of "fairness" or "unfairness" -- but just reality.

When we went to the UK with P&O, the ship snagged it's anchor in the port at Sharm el Sheikh. The journey to the next port of Suez was always in my view a bit "tight" timewise and we were to offload passengers there for a LONG day tour to the Pyramids. In addition, we then came across a strong headwind coming down the Red Sea -- so we didn't make it. Many said that a visit to the Pyramids was the "ONLY?" reason they had gone on the World Cruise :rolleyes: We subsequently also missed out on the Azores because we struck a Force 11 gusting Force 12 storm in the Atlantic just after leaving Southampton.

Maybe a nice unit in Cairns would be a better safer option???? :):)

Barry

Hi to everyone following this thread. We are in Ko Samui. Everything is going well. There was a change of captain in Singapore. We were late getting into port today, but that wasdue to people getting back late from tours - about 9 bus loads. I think. I will write more back in Freo,

Hi to everyone following this thread. We are in Ko Samui. Everything is going well. There was a change of captain in Singapore. We were late getting into port today, but that wasdue to people getting back late from tours - about 9 bus loads. I think. I will write more back in Freo,

Thanks freedale for the update will look forward to reading more from you

Enjoy your cruise. (I'm sure you will) :)

Thanks for the update. Trust you have a great day in Ko Sami.

Many thanks for the update. Am boarding in Freo next Sunday. Looking forward to picking up where you leave off! Enjoy the remainder of your cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

We are home. We enjoyed the cruise - staff at all levels were fantastic. There are still a few problems, the new drinks dispenser in Horizons doesn't work, the Japanese restaurant doesn't get much patronage as it's al a carte, the lifts went on the blink on a regular basis, the air con was a bit erratic and some cabins were still having toilet issues. We heard, via the grapevine, that a few people got off at Lombok and made their own way home after a few days in Bali. We had a few medical issues - sadly someone was offloaded at each port, a reflection as to the age of some of the cruisers. On a positive -the 24 hour International Cafe is a huge hit, we met some terrific people, the captain gave regular updates and the shows were very good. Happy cruising, Diane.

Archived