Maybe more problems for Sun Princess.

Johhno

Doesn't sound like the Sun Princess is having much luck at the moment, just found the below post on another travel forum that i visit.

"We are leaving on Tuesday for an Asian cruise from Fremantle on the Sun Princess (very happy about that) The "not happy" part is that some sort of technical problem means that Bali is off the itinerary".

Looks like the SP still might be having problems ???

At this stage she is still due into Fremantle Monday 2 Sept 5.15am and due to depart Tues 3 Sept 17.00pm.

It will be interesting to hear if anyone else has any info on the Sun Princess saga.

Cheers

Johhno

Doesn't sound like the Sun Princess is having much luck at the moment, just found the below post on another travel forum that i visit.

"We are leaving on Tuesday for an Asian cruise from Fremantle on the Sun Princess (very happy about that) The "not happy" part is that some sort of technical problem means that Bali is off the itinerary".

At this stage she is still due into Fremantle Monday 2 Sept 5.15am and due to depart Tues 3 Sept 17.00pm.

It will be interesting to hear if anyone else has any info on the Sun Princess saga.

Cheers

Johhno

Also forgot to mention,

Oh well, we are getting $300 compensation so I will drown my sorrows and enjoy the rest of the cruise

Cheers

Johhno

Cheers

Johhno

How come if the Sun is operating but not stopping at Bali is it because its a tender port and is there any other tender ports on the itinerary....seems strange

we have not been able to stop at different ports but mailny due to the weather and never received any compo

How come if the Sun is operating but not stopping at Bali is it because its a tender port and is there any other tender ports on the itinerary....seems strange

we have not been able to stop at different ports but mailny due to the weather and never received any compo

I heard it was actually due to speed limitations they have, that it was removed from the itinerary. Not due to tendering.

Whatever the reason, it is always dissappointing to miss a port. That said, they always should provide compensation as they need to at least refund the port fees and taxes.

We had missed a port in Japan last year due to weather, we received an amount which we were told was the refund and some compensation. We also received a letter of apology from thr caprtian that we could use for insurance purposes as we had prepaid for a private tour, which only refunded part of the payment.:D

Whatever the reason, it is always dissappointing to miss a port. That said, they always should provide compensation as they need to at least refund the port fees and taxes.

We had missed a port in Japan last year due to weather, we received an amount which we were told was the refund and some compensation. We also received a letter of apology from thr caprtian that we could use for insurance purposes as we had prepaid for a private tour, which only refunded part of the payment.:D

you are lucky, as i stated we have never received compensation for missing a port due to the weather and getting a part refund for missing a private tour...the private operator should have refunded the money

Anyone heard anything else? We are in Perth now and was looking forward to Bail after missing the cruise in Singapore. Princess rep just called us from our room. Meeting in hotel! Wish us luck

Thinking positive thoughts and wishing you all the luck in the world!

you are lucky, as i stated we have never received compensation for missing a port due to the weather and getting a part refund for missing a private tour...the private operator should have refunded the money

Agreed. Compensation varies by operator.

Yes, but they didn't so an insurance claim got the missing amount. Princess should have at least refunded the port charges.:(

It is a very long tender trip at Benoa Bali with a ship the size of the SP if its going to Benoa instead of Padang Bai, so speed restrictions wouldnt apply as it would be anchored way out of the harbour.

Perhaps the number of visitors on SP is too large for the small Benoa tender terminal to handle if other events are going on at the same time?

It is a very long tender trip at Benoa Bali with a ship the size of the SP if its going to Benoa instead of Padang Bai, so speed restrictions wouldnt apply as it would be anchored way out of the harbour.

Perhaps the number of visitors on SP is too large for the small Benoa tender terminal to handle if other events are going on at the same time?

We called at Benoa on Dawn Princess on her circumnavigation of Aussie. Absolutely no problem with tendering or number of passengers.

Looks like its true.

2 reports from another site 31/8 ,

We are booked on the cruise from Freo on 3/9. Just received an email from Princess advising us that one port, Bali, has been cut from the agenda as the ship is not able to travel at full speed. Each person received $150 cabin credit. We will be advised on any further changes and associated compensation during the cruise.

Yeah, my mum and sister got the same message.

Six straight cruising days Freo to Kuala Lumpur

Cheers

Johhno

My travel agent: Just got off the phone with Princess and they have confirmed that the port of Bali has been removed from the itinerary, they are looking into why for me and have advised me that letters will be waiting for you in your staterooms when you board the ship. I will let you know as soon as they get back to me.

Being able to predict in advance why a vessel cannot travel at its normal service speed usually means electricity generation capacity is reduced, or the ability to deliver electricity to the load is somehow reduced.

This could be one or more engines out, or the switchboard repair was temporary and unable to handle full load.

I hope not. Sailing with less than 100% reduces redundancy and provides engineering with less choices in the event of a failure at sea.

Keep asking questions people.

Looks like its true.

2 reports from another site 31/8 ,

We are booked on the cruise from Freo on 3/9. Just received an email from Princess advising us that one port, Bali, has been cut from the agenda as the ship is not able to travel at full speed. Each person received $150 cabin credit. We will be advised on any further changes and associated compensation during the cruise.

Yeah, my mum and sister got the same message.

Six straight cruising days Freo to Kuala Lumpur

Cheers

Johhno

It appears that a refund is being given with a proviso of more compensation, I would assume this covers the port taxes, fees and some also for compensation. :D

Archived