Maybe more problems for Sun Princess.

Johhno

My thoughts exactly Mic, its not a very nice night over here in Perth with some strong Westerly winds which the SP is currently pushing straight into.

I wouldnt be surprised if the paper bags are out already.

Cheers

Johhno.

I hope that people remembered to take their Ginger, wristbands, ear whatsits, kwells or whatever else they use to stop their seasickness.:eek:

This is all true, but I am sure you have complained about something that was out of your control, this forum is a discussion board and some people will post grievances.:D 

Actually I have never complained about anything I have agreed to ie cruise contracts when booking. I may not like everything in the agreement but I don't agree with it then go onto to bag it's contents............come on GET real.

These comments are not discussion but gripping after the event because "little johnie didn't get it all their own way" IMHO :)

don't like the conditions of agreements...............don't AGREE................. S.I.M.P.L.E

This is all true, but I am sure you have complained about something that was out of your control, this forum is a discussion board and some people will post grievances.:D 

Actually I have never complained about anything I have agreed to ie cruise contracts when booking. I may not like everything in the agreement but I don't agree with it then go onto to bag it's contents............come on GET real.

These comments are not discussion but gripping after the event because "little johnie didn't get it all their own way" IMHO :)

don't like the conditions of agreements...............don't AGREE................. S.I.M.P.L.E

Sorry, but I cannot beleive for one second that you have never, ever complained about anything (Taxes, fines, rules, laws, service, anything), in your whole life.

It is just a fact of life that some people will want to share their grievance and this forum is one such place that they can (whether they are right or wrong).

If you don't agree then it is SIMPLE, respectfully voice why, but do not slam the poster for being a whinger.

With the approach recommended above, unfair situations would proliferate, as companies could make unfair contracts and people would not be 'allowed' to complain - however that's supposed to work.

Contracts are one way. People don't have a choice, except to take it or leave it. And telling people to effectively not fly, not cruise, not do a number of things - lest the complain - is a bit precious, one sided and just plain unrealistic.

S.I.M.P.L.E

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Dawn Princess, Sea Princess and now Sun Princess all have had the same problems involving the speed at which the vessel can travel due to mechanical issues.

I remember the Dawn Princess coming to a halt in the Gulf of Aden for several hours during it's world cruise a couple of years ago. Once it was under sail again the ship could only cruise at a reduced speed and continued that way. They had to miss out of Safaga I think it was due to time loss.

I also remember the Sun Princess last year having the same issues as she was cruising across the Tasman.

What's going on, surely because this has occured before on sister ships they would ensure the 'offending' problem would be dealt with during the refit.

Maybe it's a 'time' issue here because of the mechanical problem as to why they won't be visiting Bali. The calculated time under reduced speed means they will have to forgo something along the way to try and keep to the scheduled arrival time in docking ports and her final destination.

Also arriving late into ports of call reduces time passengers can enjoy at that particular port of call, so they cancel port to ensure passengers get the full alloted time in other ports.

Just a thought.

Jill :)

Hmmmm. :cool: Some posts have got me questioning usernames again. I wish people could just post their questions and answers without being rude and telling others to stop "griping" and "get a grip" etc. This used to be a 'fun' place to visit while waiting to feed our cruising addictions. :)

Glad to see the Sun Princess is operational again, even if they have to miss a port.

Itinerary

for the Cruise can be changed at the discretion of the Cruise line at any time. Please

refer to supplier brochure for detailed Terms and Conditions.

Sorry not sure why I wrote royal Caribbean it was meant to from a princess booking contract which belongs to my neighbour

We're flying up to Singapore on monday to join sun princess for the return trip to Fremantle. If power and speed are issues - I wonder if Lombok will be dropped. Ah well it's just wait and see I suppose.

Diane

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Forums mobile app

I just checked on the Live Marine AIS site

and it is showing Sun Princess at anchor in Flying Fish Cove ,

Christmas Island.

Is that showing up for anyone else?

Was that a call on their itinerary?

She's listed as 'out of range' at MarineTraffic - has been since she left Fremantle. Webcam shows her still at sea, bound for Port Kelang, as per her amended, 'Bali-less' itinerary.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just checked on the Live Marine AIS site

and it is showing Sun Princess at anchor in Flying Fish Cove ,

Christmas Island.

Is that showing up for anyone else?

Was that a call on their itinerary?

What a fantastic Bonus given it costs most travellers to this port between $5000 US - $10,000 US and their aint no formal night dinners included on the way:D:D:D

Ace280. Was it Bali where you couldn't off? Have they said anything about future cruises - the one that leaves singapore on the 15th? We're booked on the 15th.

Diane

Ace280 said -

"She stopped at Xmas island as someone was ill and was taken off ship."

Bali was cancelled prior to the cruise.

Ace280. Was it Bali where you couldn't off? Have they said anything about future cruises - the one that leaves singapore on the 15th? We're booked on the 15th.

Diane

I am not sure what is planned for the 15th but I believe that Bali was dropped on the this cruise and the one prior in advance of the sailing, and people had the option of a full refund if they canceeled or compensation if they didn't.:D

Captain announced yesterday that rumours of any more cancellations are exactly that. Just rumours.

We went nowhere near Bali in the end as we couldn't do that route and then make the other ports. I have heard nothing about the 15th but will let you know if I do.

Archived