Maybe more problems for Sun Princess.

Johhno

Looks like its true.

2 reports from another site 31/8 ,

We are booked on the cruise from Freo on 3/9. Just received an email from Princess advising us that one port, Bali, has been cut from the agenda as the ship is not able to travel at full speed. Each person received $150 cabin credit. We will be advised on any further changes and associated compensation during the cruise.

Yeah, my mum and sister got the same message.

Six straight cruising days Freo to Kuala Lumpur[/color.

Cheers

Johhno

If they know that the cruise is going to be compromised in advance, are they going to give cruisers the option to cancel, with full refund, if they wish?

If they know that the cruise is going to be compromised in advance, are they going to give cruisers the option to cancel, with full refund, if they wish?

i doubt very much they will offer a full refund as they are only missing out on one port and they are getting compensated for that

If you are notified before the cruise , they have the right to cancel / add / change the itinerary for whatever reason. If you dont like it you have the choice to cancel , and the cancellation policy that you agreed to, in the terms and conditions of booking , will apply.

If you are notified before the cruise , they have the right to cancel / add / change the itinerary for whatever reason. If you dont like it you have the choice to cancel , and the cancellation policy that you agreed to, in the terms and conditions of booking , will apply.

So depending on the timing, the chances are you will definately not get a full refund.

Yes, when similar things happened in the past, some people who booked for a specific destination got upset that that destination was no longer going to be reached.

However, the standard cancellation policy still applies.

So depending on the timing, the chances are you will definately not get a full refund WRONG.

Great news for those on this cruise, Princess has provided a full refund for those wishing to cancel due to the port being dropped. Great work and PR by Princess on this score.:D

this is a c&p of the booking and passage conditions

Ship & itinerary changes

We will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan; however, sometimes changes can happen that may affect your holiday experience. This could include weather, mechanical difficulties, civil unrest or any other unforeseen circumstances.

In addition, we may charter all or part of the ship, or remove the ship from service where this becomes necessary. We may change the itinerary, ship or cancel the cruise due to operational or commercial requirements.

We will notify you of these changes as soon as we can. Where we cancel a cruise or make a significant change to the ports in your itinerary prior to departure, you will have the choice of:

1. the new itinerary:
  2. an alternative cruise of comparable standard, if available; or
  3. cancelling the cruise for a full refund of your fare paid.

Once your cruise has commenced, if we are required to change the itinerary or cancel the cruise due to safety, maritime law, severe weather or to protect human life or health, we are not required to provide any compensation, unless consumer laws provide otherwise. With this in mind, please do not make any important arrangements or meetings based on the proposed itinerary

it says ports you can cancel out but on this particular one they are only not stopping at Bali (one port) so could you still try and cancel out even tho you are getting compensated

this is a c&p of the booking and passage conditions

Ship & itinerary changes

We will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan; however, sometimes changes can happen that may affect your holiday experience. This could include weather, mechanical difficulties, civil unrest or any other unforeseen circumstances.

In addition, we may charter all or part of the ship, or remove the ship from service where this becomes necessary. We may change the itinerary, ship or cancel the cruise due to operational or commercial requirements.

We will notify you of these changes as soon as we can. Where we cancel a cruise or make a significant change to the ports in your itinerary prior to departure, you will have the choice of:

1. the new itinerary:
  2. an alternative cruise of comparable standard, if available; or
  3. cancelling the cruise for a full refund of your fare paid.

Once your cruise has commenced, if we are required to change the itinerary or cancel the cruise due to safety, maritime law, severe weather or to protect human life or health, we are not required to provide any compensation, unless consumer laws provide otherwise. With this in mind, please do not make any important arrangements or meetings based on the proposed itinerary

it says ports you can cancel out but on this particular one they are only not stopping at Bali (one port) so could you still try and cancel out even tho you are getting compensated

Someone on another trhread has received a full refund for this Bali-less cruise.:D

i doubt very much they will offer a full refund as they are only missing out on one port and they are getting compensated for that

2 reports from another site 31/8 ,

We are booked on the cruise from Freo on 3/9. Just received an email from Princess advising us that one port, Bali, has been cut from the agenda as the ship is not able to travel at full speed. Each person received $150 cabin credit. We will be advised on any further changes and associated compensation during the cruise.

I was referring the the last sentence, in addition to missing Bali.

Delighted to hear Princess is allowing cruisers, who wish to cancel, to cancel, with full refund.

Please stop bagging the conditions, you all agree when you make your bookings.

If you don't AGREE then don't accept! Sorry but S.I.M.P.L.E :confused:

Most people do not read the fine print and even the ones that do sometimes cannot understand what they really mean.:D

Sorry folks but not understanding or not reading DOES NOT excuse you if you agree at the time of booking. It's like not reading the fine print when you sign contracts and then complain of this and that within the contract....not a leg to stand on I'm afraid, legally.

What I can not understand is that...you have all agreed with the conditions when you book, if there was any bagging to do you SHOULD do it before you agree.....that's all.

The contract you agree to is a legal binding document again ....... s.i.m.p.l.e

Y.A.W.N.

Yes, people know what the legalities of the situation are. They're not questioning whether it's legal or not.

However, it's another thing to say people 'shouldn't complain' about the conditions. Conditions may well be unfair, and even if not it helps share the issue with others for awareness.

Sorry folks but not understanding or not reading DOES NOT excuse you if you agree at the time of booking. It's like not reading the fine print when you sign contracts and then complain of this and that within the contract....not a leg to stand on I'm afraid, legally.

What I can not understand is that...you have all agreed with the conditions when you book, if there was any bagging to do you SHOULD do it before you agree.....that's all.

The contract you agree to is a legal binding document again ....... s.i.m.p.l.e

This is all true, but I am sure you have complained about something that was out of your control, this forum is a discussion board and some people will post grievances.:D

A little good news for the SP, she left Freo just over an hour ago and according to AIS she is doing approx 16 knots which is not bad considering she running into a 3/4 mtr swell at the moment .

Cheers

Johhno

Yes, looks like that was a red herring.

Unless there were extenuating circumstances, as said before, it's unlikely.

It happened and they re-booked another cruise instead. They were very lucky that Princess allowed them to receive the full refund just from missing one port.:D

A little good news for the SP, she left Freo just over an hour ago and according to AIS she is doing approx 16 knots which is not bad considering she running into a 3/4 mtr swell at the moment .

Cheers

Johhno

That is a fair speed for being partially crippled, although let us hope she can maintain that all the way on this cruise.:D

That is a fair speed for being partially crippled, although let us hope she can maintain that all the way on this cruise.:D

My thoughts exactly Mic, its not a very nice night over here in Perth with some strong Westerly winds which the SP is currently pushing straight into.

I wouldnt be surprised if the paper bags are out already.

Cheers

Johhno.

Archived