Checking in question

ladylynne

'allow'? I can't speak to

but I HAVE done it. Once I checked in and had my 'card', I stashed my carry on in the room and simply left the ship just like any other port. Met friends for lunch near the port and was back b4 the boarding cut off. Showed the sail card and picture ID to security to get back in to the terminal, then held both up walking past checkin desks on the way to security/scanners. No one said a word . . . I mean heck, would they let me go back to my car to get my pills if I forgot them?

This was in Port Canaveral . . .

It is often easier to ask forgiveness, than to get permission . . .

RADM Grace Hopper, USNR .... source of many computer technology milestones . . .

I'm pretty sure you can.... not that I ever have. Would have been difficult in San Juan as the port is remote from town and would necessitate cabs in both directions. With a late sailaway am thinking that would be doable though. As mentioned previously once you have your boarding card you are good to go.

I can't imagine how they would distinguish you from anyone doing a B2B who is allowed to leave the ship once hey have their new sea pass cards and re board later in the day. Why you would want to though is another thing, why not just board later.

Rooms open around 1pm.... drop off bags and head out... I can see that some people would want to but for me once I hear that 'ding' I'm not about to leave!!

Thank you for your replies. The question was for a friend taking his first cruise. I've only sailed Princess lines so I wasn't sure if policy was any different. Why is he wanting to get off the ship? I have no idea however I'm sure he has a good reason to do so.

I've done it on Princess and RCI. They don't care. As long as your Seapass has your picture on it, you've gone through security.

AND it is your responsibility to be back b4 they 'close the doors'

which means b4 the 'drill' btw ...

After checking in on your ship, does RC allow you to leave the ship again before you set sail?

YES . However Embarkation day is different from a regular port day as you have to be back on board 1.5 - 2 hours before the ships departing time. You need to check for the exact time once at port otherwise your suits cases will be traveling without.

I have done this a few times. There is no restriction at all. Once you have your Sea Pass you can come and go as you please. You mst be back in time for your Muster Drill so final boarding is a little earlier than on port visiting days.

Archived