First cruise

Oppalopa

Hello after months of daily use of this site I finally booked my first cruise. Solo 5 days from Tampa 673 total. I have Ocean View cabin 3002 does anyone know anything about it? I am so looking forward to staring at the sea. Just walking around a little at ports since health is only fair.

One safety tip for you research your ports. Just because your on a cruise doesn't mean that the ports are safe. One time we were in PR, and a guy from our ship was robbed and ended up getting stabbed. And by doing that you might find some hidden gems that some people might not know about. Just have fun enjoy your first cruise youll be hooked. Keep an eye on your time if your late the ship WILL NOT wait on you

One safety tip for you research your ports. Just because your on a cruise doesn't mean that the ports are safe. One time we were in PR, and a guy from our ship was robbed and ended up getting stabbed. And by doing that you might find some hidden gems that some people might not know about. Just have fun enjoy your first cruise youll be hooked. Keep an eye on your time if your late the ship WILL NOT wait on you

Well Im sure OP is now looking forward to their cruise even more now...

You picked a beautiful ship for your first cruise. I've never felt uncomfortable in any port, but I also stick to areas with lots of other cruisers. You'll meet lots of friendly people at various meals, and find plenty to keep you as busy as you want to be.

My first cruise was in 1984, and my 47th is coming up. Hope you enjoy yours as much.

What is this?

All he wanted was some cruising tips, not "tough love & a stern warning".

You forgot to mention the potential norovirus outbreak.

Nice advice, OP probably already cancelled the trip..

Dear Solo,

I think Ohio was just trying to tell you not to wander down any dark, creepy streets alone. Most folks pack their common sense, so there's really not much to worry about unless you forget yours at home. I'm sure you'll meet lots of great new friends onboard - even more if you sign up for your MM!

Have an awesome cruise!! :p

Dear Solo,

I think Ohio was just trying to tell you not to wander down any dark, creepy streets alone. Most folks pack their common sense, so there's really not much to worry about unless you forget yours at home. I'm sure you'll meet lots of great new friends onboard - even more if you sign up for your MM!

Have an awesome cruise!! :p

Ditto. This goes with all travel.

You'll have an amazing time! Keep planning, it's part of the fun for most of us!

LOL. another first timer here so I'm reading every tip I can. As an avid traveler I am amazed at how many folks will pack their common sense in their suitcase. Can't tell you how many times I've seen some serious lack of judgement at Disneyworld!! What is it about that place that people think the pixie dust is real? anyway, I'm sure pp was just giving a gentle reminder.

I do have a question. I've been reading some tips about folks bringing water on board. We are booked on the 5/18 sailing of Freedom of the seas and one of my sons is an avid water drinker. Is there some place where Ican find the "rules" about what I can and cannot bring on board?

Congratulations on booking your first cruise. It will become an addiction very quickly!! :D

As far as tips are concerned, do lots of research about your port visits and don't always assume RCI offer the best excursions, there are lots of ways to do trips at each port so get advice on what is available.

Also, join the roll call for your cruise as you will make friends that way and also it is a great source of information about your specific cruise.

You will have a fantastic time so enjoy :D

When you sail in and out of Tampa bay, make sure you are on the Topmost deck as you go under the Sunshine Skyway. It looks like the ship will not fit, but it does.

That is such a fascinating thing to watch. We stood on the top aft deck of the QEII sure the funnel was going the hit the Verrazano Bridge. We all had our cameras ready to record the instant the funnel came down on us. Luckily it WAS just an illusion!

Really?

First reponse to a new cruiser, and this is what you come up with?

Congratulations on your first cruise and cruising solo!! Solo cruising is the best! I've not sailed on the Brilliance but will be in December and can't wait, it's a beautiful class ship. I've sailed her sister ship the Jewel of the Seas and she's so beautiful. We went to Key West and Cozumel, not sure what your itinerary is. Below is a live trip report I did traveling solo and my visits to those two stops. I walked around both and had a great visit. It's complete with many pictures. I was on the Jewel on one of her last voyages out of Tampa.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1826302

Have a super first cruise and solo cruise, be sure to visit over on the solo boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Sorry for the confusion earlier. It's best to visit the website below and select your ship under Royal Caribbean. Then, you will see cabin number 3502. Click on it and you will see a cabin picture in the same category (H Ocean view) that I think you are in.

Go to:

W W W DOT cruiselinerooms DOT com

(you will need to paste the address above in your browser and make it the normal "www. XXXXXXX . com" address instead. CC blocks me from adding the full address.

I hope this helps. Happy cruising!

Wow. Talk about a buzz killer!!

I haven't stayed in this room, but I have stayed in the same category on Jewel [virtually identical sister to Brilliance] also on deck 3 [3134 -- about as far aft as you can get on deck 3]. We were very pleased with the cabin. very spacious and the windows on 3 are a good size round window [i.e. not a porthole].

For what it's worth, here are a couple of pictures of 3134 [yours should be virtually identical from these views]

P1010332.jpg

P1010333.jpg

You can choose whether you want the beds arranged as two singles or combined as a queen sized bed as in these pictures. Personally, even if solo, I would opt for the queen, but some like to leave them separate on the theory it makes the room more open and seems larger. I like my comfort at night but it is your choice.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived