B2B - cabin change question

rcrdale

We are doing a B2B on the Allure in November/December. I know that they will move whatever clothes we have on hangers and then we have to pack everything else and they will move our luggage. My question is, will I have access to my "new" room before 1:00 pm when the rooms are opened up for everyone.

I know from reading on here that when you have the same room both weeks, you will have access to the room, but I haven't seen anything about switching rooms.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Safe cruising to everyone!

It all depends on the people in your new cabin and what time they vacate it. Also the new cabin steward needs to know that you are coming so he can get the new cabin ready first

We just did this on Freedom and it was great for us. First....I made sure our cabin steward knew that we were going to move. He let the new cabin steward know and I also went to the new cabin steward and introduced myself. We were up early on turn around day and had everything ready. Our new cabin was ready around 8 o'clock. We moved our suitcases and the safe contents on down ourselves and had that done before 9. We had to go through customs and all that stuff at 9:15. Our old cabin steward moved our hang up clothes while we were doing that. So when we got back on board with our new sea pass cards.....th cabin was all ready for us. We unpacked and were good to go. Others were not as lucky, though. Some people would not get out of their cabins and other cabins were trashed by the former occupants and took longer to clean.

Good luck. If you follow the steps I told you about, you should be fine.

I'll be changing cabins for week 2 of my first-ever B2B this December on the Freedom.

Just recently saw that the cabin next door to my week 1 cabin had become available, so I grabbed it and will, hopefully, have the same Stateroom Attendant.

I can't imagine how "trashed" a room would have to be to take extra time to clean it, unless they had to remove carpet stains, etc., as everything else is supposed to be thoroughly cleaned on turnover day anyway. I have seen staterooms, when walking down hallways, with open doors and have been shocked at how "stuff" was just strewn everywhere! Once, on an excursion, overheard a woman seated in front of me on a bus, telling another woman how wonderful the stateroom attendant was as her and her children had clothing, towels, game pieces, etc. all over the place, including on the floor and every time they returned to their stateroom to find that the SA had picked up, folded all clothing and placed everything into neat little piles! I was silently appalled at how rude I felt she and her children were for ever doing this more than once.:eek:

We've had to change cabins on at least three B2B. In one case we had the same cabin when we booked, but RCCL offered a free upgrade to a suite for one of the legs. moving is easy. We were in the new cabin right away ( we met the new room attendant during the first cruise and he cleaned our new room first ). Your old cabin attendant will move your things. On one trip, we let the room attendant move the hanging items and we moved the items we put in the suitcase.

We did not mind the moving and in fact considered it a good thing as we had a nice "fresh and new" cabin.

You are free to come and go to the new cabin. A few times we've had B2B passes and if not, we simply told the staff we were b2b.

Enjoy

M

We will be doing it on Allure late this month. It will be the first time we have changed cabins on a B2B. Like you, I am hoping it goes smoothly. No matter what, a second week on Allure will surely be worth it.

Two weeks on the Allure? VERY NICE!!:)

We have moved cabins on a B2B and it was easy. The steward helped us do the move before the meeting of all the B2B passengers and by the time we went through the recheck-in procedures the cabin was clean and ready for us. We had access without any problems.

Be aware that while you have access to the cabins you will not necessarily have all your papers, pre-paid items, invites, etc. They pass those things out over a few hours, so if you plan to rest in your cabin you might get woken up or disturbed while they go about readying everything for the next cruise.

When we took a B2B (same cabin for both) on a RCCL ship, we were told at the meeting to walk us through customs that we could get back on the ship but could not go back to our cabin until the announcement was made that the cabins were ready.

The doors they closed were fire doors ... very heavy ... but guess they could have been pushed open.

Just adding: On Princess for a B2B we have always been able to go directly back to our cabin after walking though customs.

LuLu

~~~~

When we took a B2B (same cabin for both) on a RCCL ship, we were told at the meeting to walk us through customs that we could get back on the ship but could not go back to our cabin until the announcement was made that the cabins were ready.

The doors they closed were fire doors ... very heavy ... but guess they could have been pushed open.

Just adding: On Princess for a B2B we have always been able to go directly back to our cabin after walking though customs.

LuLu

~~~~

I never had a problem going back to my cabin on a RCI B2B. The fire doors are not a problem to open.

Just curious...Aren't those fire doors to the hallways locked (I just assumed they were and have never tried to open them) until approx 1:00-1:30pm..how does this work for your access ?

They're fire doors. If they locked them that would probably violate just about every fire code ever written.

LuLu

~~~~

:o Thing is ... since they told us NOT to, we didn't.

LuLu

~~~~

We have been on many B2B's and the only ship they told us we could not go back to our cabin before 1/1:30pm was the Allure. Like you, since they told us not to, we didn't. We did go first thing in the morning to put stuff in the safe before we went through security and that was it.

With that being said we are going on a B2B on the Allure this Sunday. I will see what happens then..... and probably test the waters if told we can't go to the cabin.

We have been on many B2B's and the only ship they told us we could not go back to our cabin before 1/1:30pm was the Allure. Like you, since they told us not to, we didn't. We did go first thing in the morning to put stuff in the safe before we went through security and that was it.

With that being said we are going on a B2B on the Allure this Sunday. I will see what happens then..... and probably test the waters if told we can't go to the cabin.

please let post to let us know how it is now working on Allure.

I'll be doing a B2b soon and would appreciate knowing the latest procedure.

That would be good of you ... especially since you are changing cabins between your B2B.

LuLu

~~~~

We still don't have our cabin assignment (W GTY) for the first leg, but do for the second. So that will be interesting too. Hopefully we will get it this week before we sail and not at the port.

Archived