Princess socks it to Europeans.

Brian Raine

Yes, we are all aware that Brits and Aussies get screwed. And I genuinely feel bad... seriously, I really do...but do we need a new thread ever other day about it?

Maybe we could make a sticky at the top of the page so all the repeat threads can just be combined there.

or

Maybe, instead of starting a new thread every other day on the same subject everyone could just bump the old thread and post their newest complaints there.

What I don't understand is if someone doesn't like the pricing or not getting all the promotions offered or having to pay tips why don't you just pick another cruise line that makes you happy? Do we have to hear about this every other week.

You Europeans have a lot of "stuff" we don't have in the U.S. How about royalty? Big Ben? Stonehenge? Eiffel Tower? Marks & Spencer? Cute little accents? Colorful money? Better French fries? You don't see us complaining! :D

Or, to look at it another way, cruise fare sales are what we Americans get in return for putting up with crumbling public infrastructure, gun violence, Wal-Mart, no official siesta, and the skimpiest vacation allotments in the civilized world. And Honey Boo Boo.

Any volunteers to trade places?

Or, to look at it another way, cruise fare sales are what we Americans get in return for putting up with crumbling public infrastructure, gun violence, Wal-Mart, no official siesta, and the skimpiest vacation allotments in the civilized world. And Honey Boo Boo.

Any volunteers to trade places?

You forgot healthcare.

To put a cat amongst the pigeons, if I lived in Europe, I'd never cruise again.

I would combine long ferry trips, long distance rail, and land content to so many "exotic destinations", I couldn't do them all in my lifetime.

And no, I wouldn't trade places with US, as we are rewarded for our isolation, with minimum four weeks' annual leave, long service leave, leave without pay, etc. to travel!

I would combine long ferry trips, long distance rail, and land content to so many "exotic destinations", I couldn't do them all in my lifetime.

And no, I wouldn't trade places with US, as we are rewarded for our isolation, with minimum four weeks' annual leave, long service leave, leave without pay, etc. to travel!

Nicely put. I never thought about it in that context. I too would rather have our generous leave entitlements.

What I don't understand is if someone doesn't like the pricing or not getting all the promotions offered or having to pay tips why don't you just pick another cruise line that makes you happy? Do we have to hear about this every other week.

Where's the 'Like" button? :D

You Europeans have a lot of "stuff" we don't have in the U.S. How about royalty? Big Ben? Stonehenge? Eiffel Tower? Marks & Spencer? Cute little accents? Colorful money? Better French fries? You don't see us complaining! :D

So was winning the War of Independence such a good idea? :D

(BTW - you forgot decent cheese in your list)

Thank you for your completely reasonable post. Do keep in mind though that with age and some disabilities, cruising is the absolute best or only way to travel.

Put a cat amongst the pigeons! :D. Absolutely love that and hope to remember it and use it the next time an appropriate occasion arises.

I don't feel sorry for you.

I am in the US. If I want to go to EU it costs thousands and thousands of dollars. You get to travel and see much more over there for way less than us. It's only fair we water-locked US folks get a break.

I'm kidding of course. :p

If only I lived in EU. I'd be all over the place. :) You are welcome to switch citizenship with me for a year if you like. :D

Archived